TTLG|Thief|Bioshock|System Shock|Deus Ex|Mobile
Page 8 of 35 FirstFirst ... 34567891011121318232833 ... LastLast

Thread: T2 FM : A night in Rocksbourg 3 (05/13/08)

Thanx, Avallon & DrK - thought that book had gone into loot - I'd been carrying it around awhile

Magnificent achievement, DrK; you really are pushing the Dark Engine! Can only agree with all the acclaim so far - the gritty, realistic graphics, great layout, sound, voice acting, AI treatments......ah, hell, everything was great!
    Have always been especially impressed with the lighting in your FM's - believable in style, much-varied & truly add to the atmosphere & "period look" of the missions.

Anyway, enough grovelling Thanx so very much for this.
    (oh, & keep 'em coming...)
    Last edited by Sticky Fingers; 15th May 2008 at 08:05. Reason: Spelling erorrs

Glad you got it Sticky Fingers, I've done that myself many times before as well

I'm going to replay this tonight with both scripts included and let you know how it goes DrK. Hopefully that was the only issue that prevented me from completing it. Going to try for all secrets and twice as much loot as possible too

I have never been so eager to replay an FM within 2 days before, so you can tell how much I have enjoyed it!

bikerdude
    Quote Originally Posted by Thief_4 View Post
    no offence to anyone,not even the fm maker,but i want to complete this mission and i cant,so i am done here.
    Thief4

I appreciate your frustration, but for the love of god, take a deep breath....

Now there are lots of people, the Author, myself, broken arts etc who are more than happy to help you...

I suggest that you go back to a previous save point and try again with the book, I beta tested this mission and it work fine after 2 attempts. Broken arts did a few more run through than me, so she and DrK are the best people to help you with this.

And seeings how you have managed to get yourself banned(not the first time, I see), email me and I will try and help you

Digi/nightwalker - is it only a temp ban..?

biker
    Last edited by bikerdude; 19th Apr 2015 at 10:04.

L'architecte de Rocksbourg
    Quote Originally Posted by Bikerdude View Post
    I appreciate your frustration
    I don't

Glad to see you enjoyed it that much Sticky fingers.

And Avallon too. To replay the mission twice in 2 days, now that's cool
    I hope you'll manage to finish the mission with the scripts installed, because if that's not the case well I can't see why it doesn't work with a few of you...

bikerdude
    Quote Originally Posted by DrK View Post
    I don't
    I can't see why it doesn't work with a few of you...
    Hi DrK

Im not condoning his language (he has a habit of engaging his mouth before his brain) but you have to expect some people will have some difficulty and will get frustrated (like I did with that new T3 labrinth mission rescently)

I see he has been banned before, you think he would have learned.....that said the commchat section is full of tossers who are far worse than thief4 yet are tolerated...

Anyway, enough of that

biker

I played on my normal machine which has the Gayle and Tnh scripts. I had no trouble with objectives ticking off and all scripted events seemed correct.

I too have the custom scripts, everything worked, ticked, chimed, went off, blinged, and beeped.

bikerdude
    Quote Originally Posted by BrokenArts View Post
    I too have the custom scripts, everything worked, ticked, chimed, went off, blinged, and beeped.
    Same here

b

Book Problem and Loot etc.

I had the same problem with the Book of Names it only worked befor I got the other two crystals (breath and darkness ??) so I had to try a earlier savegame........

And now I had my old problem : 9 of 10 secrets so I couldnt find the last and I am searching for over 4 hours

I have
    - the one in the ICE ROOM
    - the one in the Storage Room in the south star
    - the glyph behind the little board in the room left of the entrance where 4 statues are (looks like a fountain or a portal) in the south star
    - the glyph behind the statue near the card room in the south star
    - the air crafts ??? over the dining room in the north star (with the statue with the diamonds
    - the way from the little storage rooms to the legends room in the north star
    - the viewing point over the round book room in the north star

the others I cant remember

and I am 5715 of loot.....so where could be the rest ???

And the last question : What can I do in the Sepulche of ??? I only found a little loot statue so ist there something else

But a great great mission I love it

Damn, 9 out of 10? I was one of the beta-testers and I didn't even find that many. Nice work (sorry I am of no help)!

N

Thanks now I got all

I got
    - the way behind the banner near soul vlad ??? in the south star
    - in the entrance room climb up a ladder and move a book (wall safe)

My mission summary does not give a secret count... why

bikerdude
    Quote Originally Posted by denizen23 View Post
    My mission summary does not give a secret count... why
    Hmm, I think its another bug, that is probably down to the fact that poor old Thief is pushed to its limits by this fab FM.

biker

I don't get the code in the dark area... Any help? Sometimes english is a bit hard to understand.. Thank you!

Well, it looks like I have the "drop the book" glitch as well.

spoiler:

I have done all the other objectives EXCEPT getting the gems from the light and dark zones. I have also entered all other zones except for light and dark.

So I went into the light zone and from there straight into Thales' quarters. I tried to drop the Book of Names on the desk, the floor, on his bed, even in the study area adjacent to the light zone entry room. No luck.

I am playing on Thief difficulty. I have both script.osm, tnhScript.osm, and darkhooks.dlx installed in my Thief 2 dir. Patch 1.18 obviously.

Any ideas?

Thanks everyone, this far you confirm the book problem comes from the missing scripts.

Elkston, you're not in thales' quarters, you're in thesal's quarters !
    Thales is the interpreter you meet at the south star.

Pistole : 6143

Denizen : I don't think this is related to the mission itself, and I dunno why you can't see it. What do you see in your summary ?

gitb, did you find all the secrets ? There is one you didn't mention in tahsel's quarters, in the workshops, behind his bed. And yep, the sepulchre only offers the little statue.
    Last edited by DrK; 15th May 2008 at 15:52.

Quote Originally Posted by DrK View Post
    Elkston, you're not in thales' quarters, you're in thesal's quarters !
    I knew it was gonna be something stupid like that.

Hopefully this hasnt been answered already and I missed it, but - concerning one type of enemy that has appeared two or three times now..

The enemies that fall after being struck with a weapon but get right back up - can they be killed? (much like zombies?)

Thanks in advance

Quote Originally Posted by SneakyJack View Post
    Hopefully this hasnt been answered already and I missed it, but - concerning one type of enemy that has appeared two or three times now..

The enemies that fall after being struck with a weapon but get right back up - can they be killed? (much like zombies?)

Thanks in advance
    You mean the Guardians :
    Nope, they are immortal. But if you damage them enough they can stay on the ground for a while. They are ideal if you want to try the new weapons

Thank you for such a fast reply. I figured your answer may have been the case, - but considering I've been playing thief for years (having played almost every fan mission as well) and didn't know things like being able to blackjack a burrick until I read a thread on this forum a few months ago.. I figured I may just be missing the obvious way to deal with them, so I had better ask.

When you told people to take their time with this mission, you werent lying. I dunno if i'm just seeing things or not, but

I went back through a hallway a few hours after having started the mission and noticed one of the statues behind bars had broken free of its metal prison and all that remained were bent up bars and an empty space

I'm not sure if it was that way before and I just didnt notice, but little details like that are amazing. When I encountered a "Guardian" for the first time and the big guy got right back up after he was slain, I just about jumped out of my seat.

Great stuff, and thanks again!

If you crouch, you can sometimes avoid damage from the guardians. Because they are too tall!!

I am looking for Dumah quarters key any help?

There is no key for Dumah's quarters, use your lockpicks

If the guardians are immortal, do they just have a *very* high health count? Similar to Aunt Makiko? If so I'm willing to spend 5 hours hacking them...they kinda scare the crud outta me...and the gloomy atmosphere isn't exactly the place I was a deformed, faceless ...thing to pop up in front of me without warning

EDIT: can someone tell me the fastest way to get the death shadow...the midway jumping platform event and the guardian that pops out outta nowhere after checking a cage freaked me too much to go on
    Last edited by Lawviz; 15th May 2008 at 18:02. Reason: avoid double posting

I got Thesal's key and darkness key how can i open the lock in Kimal's quarters?

Page 8 of 35 FirstFirst ... 34567891011121318232833 ... LastLast