TTLG|Thief|Bioshock|System Shock|Deus Ex|Mobile
Page 9 of 35 FirstFirst ... 456789101112131419242934 ... LastLast

Thread: T2 FM : A night in Rocksbourg 3 (05/13/08)

L'architecte de Rocksbourg
    Quote Originally Posted by Lawviz View Post
    If the guardians are immortal, do they just have a *very* high health count? Similar to Aunt Makiko? If so I'm willing to spend 5 hours hacking them...they kinda scare the crud outta me...and the gloomy atmosphere isn't exactly the place I was a deformed, faceless ...thing to pop up in front of me without warning

EDIT: can someone tell me the fastest way to get the death shadow...the midway jumping platform event and the guardian that pops out outta nowhere after checking a cage freaked me too much to go on
    The guardians are immortal, by that I mean they can't be killed. They have a normal health count, but no matter how many damage you give them, they will always wake back up. Better to avoid them or make them sleep for a long time by giving them high damages very quickly (happens randomly though).
    Who is that Aunt Makiko you're talking about ?
    And you'll have to face your fear if you want to go any further, it's the only way. Garrett goes deep in the Dark zone to get the Dead Shadow, and it's not supposed to be an easy task.

Kin, in Kimal's quarters there are instructions about how to open it. Look for a papyrus near his bed.

The way to get rid of that Guardian in the Dark Zone isget on the thin rail and get his attention by jumping. Before long, he will fall in that deep hole.

However, after you get the code and open the gate, you sould be able to avoid the guardians in the maze with the 3 switches. But, after you pull the switches and get thru the next gate, you better run as fast as you can to the opening and jump thru.

Hope Vincent

So, just what the hell is the dimension the Keepers in ANIR occupy, anyway? How big is it? How did the Keepers come to occupy it? Is it in the same reality as the city of Rocksbourg itself? What the hell are the inhabitants (i.e., the Guardians) of the place? Where do they come from? Agh! So many questions

In my opinion, a great story distinguishes itself from a good story when you're still left with a bunch of unanswered questions to ponder. Incredible work, DrK.

Finished!

I have finished this GREAT MISSION Thanx DRK for a great 4 hours and thirty plus minutes of FUN. I must say that getting to the place to drop the book of names off and then getting back to Vlain was nerve racking but fun!! The mission ended fine for me.

Another great DrK FM awaits....

I enjoyed the first two very much but didn't see this 3rd segment until now. One thing holds me off..I want to get the full version but my old computer is on dial-up so I have to wait still for my main machine yet. Life has been throwing eggshells at me for one reason or another and has interferred with getting it back. However, when I do, I'll have DrK's FM and some others to look forward to! Thanks DrK for getting it released and putting your hard work out for our pleasure to play.

Awesome Mission - Best Graphics I've ever seen

Hi everyone.
    I just started playing "ANIR - Ink and Dust", and let me tell you those graphics are a masterpiece. I've never seen graphics and visual effects this good in Thief 2.
    Trust me, you NEED to play this mission.

Yaldabaoth

Whew. This was the longest single FM I've ever played. After 6 hours and 40 minutes, I am done.

I play very methodically and explore everywhere.

5336 loot found, and 6 secrets. I also found 13 paintings. Despite being very thorough, I still didn't get everything. I'll try to get more in a 2nd replay but I am spent! (In a good way)

Thank you Dr. K, the other contributors, and your testers for a truly memorable experience.

(P.S. - Interpretor Thales' voice actor was very impressive. Hell, everybody did fine and the audio sounded very crisp and clean)

Loot list

SOUTH STAR
    Entrance library -
    On desk,Cup,15,15
    On desk,Candlestick,50,65
    On desk,Candlestick,50,115
    On desk,Candlestick,50,165
    On table,Jar,20,185
    On desk,Hammer,75,260
    Secret book compartment top of ladder -
    Book,141,401
    Bottle,50,451
    Small Jar,20,471
    Ramps atop entrance library -
    On table,Statue,15,486
    Big book room with 4 statues -
    Secret glyph compartment on bookcase -
    Coins,12,498
    Coins,10,508
    Coins,14,522
    Purse,100,622
    On desk,Candlestick,50,672
    Thales's quarters -
    On table,Cup,15,687
    On table,Plate,50,737
    On Fireplace,Candlestick,50,787
    On Fireplace,Candlestick,50,837
    Thales's bedroom -
    On desk,Coins,40,877
    On wall,Sword,100,977
    On wall,Sword,100,1077
    Hallway close to map room,Secret compartment near statue -
    Large Jar,100,1177
    Scriptarium -
    On Scribe,Purse,40,1217
    On desk,Candlestick,50,1267
    On altar,Spectacles,50,1317
    On desk,Coins (2),24,1341
    Kitchen -
    On shelf,Spice bag,40,1381
    On shelf,Wine (2),100,1481
    Dining Room -
    In room,on desk,Statuette,15,1496
    In locked box,on desk,Diamond,100,1596
    On keeper next to fireplace,Purse,40,1636
    Dining Room,floor 2 -
    On desk,Candlestick,50,1686
    In footlocker,near mechanist mask,Green map,150,1836
    On desk,Cup,15,1851
    On desk,Wine,50,1901
    Second library (large room) -
    On bookcase,near store room,Coins,40,1941
    On desk,Large Jar,20,1961
    On south desk,Candlestick(2),100,2061
    On keeper at desk,Purse,40,2101
    On bookcase,Candlestick,50,2151
    Near stairs,Large Jar,20,2171
    Sepulchre -
    Top of arch,Statuette,100,2271
    Restrooms -
    In WC,Ring,100,2371
    Tower,Bottom floor -
    Coins,24,2395
    Statuette,15,2410
    Candlestick,50,2460
    Tower,Floor 2 -
    Near desk,Candlestick,50,2510
    Under desk,Purse,100,2610
    Tower,Floor 3 -
    On desk,Candlestick,50,2660
    On desk,Candlestick,50,2710
    Vlain room -
    On shelf,Green map,150,2860
    Statuette,15,2875
    Secret room behind curtain -
    Gold Skull,200,3075
    NORTH STAR
    Tall round room (where keeper gathering occurs) -
    On Edry,Purse,100,3175
    On table,near sofa overlooking balcony,Statuette,15,3190
    On table,near grate, NE of fire room,Book,50,3240
    On round marble table,near grate,Coins,20,3260
    On secret balcony,Candlestick,50,3310
    Dining room -
    On keeper,next to fireplace,Purse,40,3350
    On fireplace,Vase,50,3400
    On fireplace,Vase,50,3450
    In kitchen sink,Plate,50,3500
    In kitchen sink,Plate,50,3550
    On counter,Wine,50,3600
    On stained glass,Coins,20,3620
    North rooms (barracks) -
    Next to shelves in a barracks,Wine,50,3670
    Under chair in a barracks,Cup,15,3685
    Heldoran's area -
    On Heldoran,Purse,40,3725
    On table,Wine,50,3775
    On table,Cup,15,3790
    Nearby,Cup,15,3805
    Secret passage with statue -
    On statue,Diamond Eyes (2),200,4005
    On statue,Crown,125,4130
    Kilmal's quarters -
    Behind box,Book,50,4180
    Near Kilmal's quarters -
    Under elevator,Book,50,4230
    Tahsel's quarters -
    On floor,Plate,50,4280
    On floor,Cup,15,4295
    On floor,Candlestick,50,4345
    On floor,Candlestick,50,4395
    Thasel's secret area -
    In water,Silver nugget,50,4445
    Water area -
    In water,Book,100,4545
    In water,Book,100,4645
    Air area -
    Near Bookcase,Book,100,4745
    On table,Wine,50,4795
    In footlocker,Torc,350,5145
    Earth area -
    On bookcase,Book,50,5195
    Near table,Candlestick,50,5245
    Fire area -
    Near bed,Candlestick,50,5295
    On table,Candlestick,50,5345
    Vine area -
    On ground,Book,170,5515
    Light area Treasure room -
    Jar,20,5535
    2 pointy things,140,5675
    Small Jar,80,5755
    Green map,150,5905
    Statuette,150,6055
    In light quarters -
    Book,50,6105
    Above window,Jar,20,6125
    Near bed,Candlestick,50,6175
    Ice area -
    Secret room,Coins,60,6235
    Dumah's quarters -
    On desk or table,Cup,15,6250
    On desk or table,Wine,50,6300
    Under bed,Book,100,6400
    On Bookcase,Candlestick,50,6450
    On Bookcase,Candlestick,50,6500
    Last edited by denizen23; 18th May 2008 at 00:44.

Quote Originally Posted by DrK View Post
    Kin, in Kimal's quarters there are instructions about how to open it. Look for a papyrus near his bed.
    I read the instructions but it seems i none of keys i have work.

I opened the first door with the lever but no key matches. I tried thesal's key and the darkness key.
    Last edited by Kin; 16th May 2008 at 01:21.

Quote Originally Posted by Kin View Post
    I read the instructions but it seems i none of keys i have work.

I opened the first door with the lever but no key matches. I tried thesal's key and the darkness key.

Are you trying to enter the Dark Zone? If so, you need three keys. You have two of them already. The third key can be found on Kimal's belt; he is the Keeper standing before the Gargoyle-esque Guardian blockading the door to Thesal's quarters.

gitb: could you explain what you mean by "card room"? Also, the "viewing point above the round book room" (North Star)? I've got the other 8.
    Thanx.

EDIT: "card room" = "Room Of Reading"
    Last edited by Sticky Fingers; 16th May 2008 at 05:28.

Quote Originally Posted by DrK View Post
    The guardians are immortal, by that I mean they can't be killed. They have a normal health count, but no matter how many damage you give them, they will always wake back up. Better to avoid them or make them sleep for a long time by giving them high damages very quickly (happens randomly though).
    Who is that Aunt Makiko you're talking about ?
    And you'll have to face your fear if you want to go any further, it's the only way. Garrett goes deep in the Dark zone to get the Dead Shadow, and it's not supposed to be an easy task.
    Ahh, so they are "zombie-immortal" kinda life. The thing is...zombies can actually be destroyed by irregular means, but no matter how much i throw at those guardians, they just.dont.break.apart. XD Oh well...there gunna scare me for life =). You have suceeded in one of the scariest fan missions to me...especially the dark zone...reminds me of Shadows of Eldolon.

Oh yes, Aunt Makiko is some jap fan mission, not much of one, but I am a combat thief, so I like to use offensive wepons alot. The thing is, makiko has powers of a demi-god/guardian. You start out with like 444 frogbeast eggs, and it takes about 300 exposions to kill her. Same as her guards XD. You also have 999 broadheads..777 fire arrows etc etc. It's the ultimate combat grinder

Classical Master 2008
    Finally finished (I took my time to look around). DrK, you should be proud of yourself for your work. This is probably one of the most successful attempts at creating a non-standard, but visually cohesive atmosphere for a mission. The whole inky ambience (very appropriate), customised items, texture work, and others are perfectly realised, and so is voice acting, the opening cutscene, readables... Highly impressive. Again, highly impressive.

bikerdude
    Quote Originally Posted by Melan View Post
    ad so is the voice acting, the opening cutscene... Highly impressive.
    Welcome back among us taffer (that was me that was)

b.

Classical Master 2008
    Hi, Bikerdude! Sorry for the confusion; missions tend to get associated with the primary author. It was a great cutscene, probably the best fan-made one outside the COSAS opening animation. Same with the sounds - it could as well have been LGS material.

Also, Primary Soul Huso... heh heh. That was a good one.

bikerdude
    Quote Originally Posted by Melan View Post
    Hi, Bikerdude! Sorry for the confusion; missions tend to get associated with the primary author. It was a great cutscene, probably the best fan-made one outside the COSAS opening animation. Same with the sounds - it could as well have been LGS material.
    Ah you mean the briefing video that Drk made, yes that is one of the best i have ever seen...

But the opening scene when you get the bottom of the eleveator, that was yours truly, then you get to hear QjW and karl...

Also, Primary Soul Huso... heh heh. That was a good one.
    Yeah I wonder how many people will get that reference

biker

Quote Originally Posted by Quincy Jones Wannabe View Post

Are you trying to enter the Dark Zone? If so, you need three keys. You have two of them already. The third key can be found on Kimal's belt; he is the Keeper standing before the Gargoyle-esque Guardian blockading the door to Thesal's quarters.
    It's funny but i got the key from Kimal's belt on the begining of the mission and used it on a door that it was not the dark zone. Although i am not sure what door i opend. Where is the dark zone entrance?

Thanks all for your feedbacks, it's fantastic to see you enjoy the mission that much

Melan :
    By opening cutscene, I guess you meant the briefing, bikerdude understood the very first conversation of the soul at the bottom of the elevator which he recorded, god he's so proud of it
    Funny thing, it's because I once worked on CoSaS briefing video that I got the experience and tools necessary, and managed to create my briefing.
    Nice, you saw the reference with Superior Soul Huso

Sticky Fingers :
    by card room I guess gitb meant "maps room" or something like that (I don't remember exactly the english name), the place with Rocksbourg city map. But looks like you found already.
    The viewing point is the place where Thesal does a meeting in the north star

Kin :
    Follow QJW instructions

denizen :
    Are you crazy ? I think the message you'll get in the objectives will directly concern you, when you'll find the missing 20. Impressive anyway.

elkston :
    6 hours ? wow...
    The mission is meant to be replayed, as I mostly worked on secrets and player's freedom. You don't need to do everything on the first run, and I guess there must be too many things to do in one run.
    Interpreter Thales' voice was made by Quincy Jones Wannabe

QJW :
    Glad you like the story, it's exactly the idea I had about it, to keep mysteries. Furthermore, I thought the story as a whole : the campaign is not a series of missions with distinct stories, on the contrary the campaign has a whole story which you discover little by little as you play mission after mission. And there are questions unanswered in the first missions which will eventually find answers later in the campaign.

Kin, you couldn't have got the key from Kimal's belt at the beginning of the mission. It would have been a key from one of the souls in the south star and which opens a footlocker in the soul's quarters. There is a confusion here.

The entrance to the dark zone is in the Workshops, it's 2 grids near Kimal's quarters. You must have Kimal's key, Tahsel's key and the dark key.
    The dark key is created in the room of the keys
    Kimal's key is on Kimal's belt in front of interpreter tahsel's quarters
    Tahsel's key is inside tahsel's quarters
    Once you have the three of them, follow the instructions on a papyrus in Kimal's quarters.

Quote Originally Posted by Kin View Post
    It's funny but i got the key from Kimal's belt on the begining of the mission and used it on a door that it was not the dark zone. Although i am not sure what door i opend. Where is the dark zone entrance?

It is on the lowest floor of the North Star, on the side with the stairwell that leads to Soul Dumah's room (I'm significantly sure, at least). It is the door immediately after the "meter room" if you are approaching from the catwalk bridging the chasm.

Quote Originally Posted by elkston View Post
    Well, it looks like I have the "drop the book" glitch as well.
    Any ideas?
    I thought I was going to have the same problem after a few attempts to drop the book. What worked for me was to toss it as if you were trying to knock over the bottle of ink and quill on the desk.

elkston just tried to drop the book in the wrong room...
    Did you have all the scripts installed Brooklyn ? Telliamed and Gaylesavers scripts ? Dunno why but it looks like they are needed.

Hey Drk good news! I have replayed it and it completed! I was missing some scripts before then I guess. I still didn't manage to get all the loot but man, that was a great ride! And now on to OB Gold, man all you Dromed gods are keeping me so busy

Oh and I hope you don't mind me saying but all of the voice actors especially Interpreter Thale, has got hot voices, pretty darn distracting for female players like me

Quote Originally Posted by Quincy Jones Wannabe View Post

It is on the lowest floor of the North Star, on the side with the stairwell that leads to Soul Dumah's room (I'm significantly sure, at least). It is the door immediately after the "meter room" if you are approaching from the catwalk bridging the chasm.

Well i used Kimal's key but i don't remember where. The door after the metrics is open and inside there are 2 locks on the wall which one of them is locked behind a door. No Kimal's key in my invetory though. I got darkness and Thesal's key as i mentioned. The notes mention something about someone being on the lever and someone close to the locks? Please give me a hint i am stuck

Kin,

Somewhere in the workshop area, you have to pull a lever on floor and a switch machine right next to it. This opens one of those doors where the locks to the dark zone are. Hope this helps.

Hope Vincent

Page 9 of 35 FirstFirst ... 456789101112131419242934 ... LastLast