TTLG|Thief|Bioshock|System Shock|Deus Ex|Mobile
Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread: Beyond Good & Evil 2 announced!!!

So, apparently, the leaked footage was genuine but it's uncertain whether or not the sequel will even be released.

http://www.escapistmagazine.com/news...ood-Evil-2-Yet

goddammit ubisoft

Quote Originally Posted by http://twitter.com/colinsco/status/3458024544
    I got confirmation at Cologne's Gamescom that Beyond Good & Evil 2 is on hold for now. No idea if it's def or temporary but it sucks.

Level 10,000 achieved
    :(

PC Gamering Smartey Man
    I <3 consoles and gamepads

Still in development. Ancel is supposedly going to keep working on it until it's perfect.

Ubisoft CEO Yves Guillemot assured me today that work continues and has never stopped on the highly anticipated sequel to 2003's Beyond Good & Evil.

"We were, as we are, working on the game," Guillemot told me during a meeting at Germany's Gamescom this week. "What is very import with this next product is that it will be perfect."

Developer Michel Ancel's "intention is to come [out] with something really exciting. But everybody needs a little bit of patience."
    That's the relevant parts of the article. The rest the article is basically the Ubi CEO gushing about how the publisher has taken a lot of risks over the years that paid off, after being questioned why they're making a sequel to a financial failure.

Botox for games.

Well, regardless of how the sequel's coming along, it looks like the original Beyond Good And Evil is getting an HD facelift for launch on the XBLA and PSN sometime next year. Kotaku also feature a gallery featuring what they claim to be the first screenshots. Because despite being a news post about a game's HD update, only two of the screenshots expand to more than ~900x500 and they all look 2003 enough anyway. But hey, admittedly I've yet to play the game, so the rest of you can decide if there's a difference or not.

The Architect
    They look the same. It's possible that the "HD" versions of these will be pretty similar to what the PC players enjoyed in the first place, unless they're redoing all of the textures.

Administrator
    I've not done a direct comparison but it looks like the lighting and view distance is better in some shots. The PC version was pretty good anyway - I'm not sure that an "HD" version will make a huge difference given the style of graphics in the game.

I'll be interested in what they do with the music score though. It really contributed towards the atmosphere in most places and I really enjoyed the battle themes.

The Architect
    If they release a soundtrack I'll be all over it!

Well, now that you mention it... Is this alright to link in here?

Chakat sex pillow
    Yeah dude, it is. The OST was released for free on the 'net by Ubisoft a long while ago.

They say they're going to remaster the soundtrack, which could be pretty sweet.

Oh, well that's a pretty sporty move on their part! Indeed it turns out Google has plenty of hits, just checked. Here's one right away, though it looks like unless you can be bothered to make an account you'll have to download the songs one by one.

Chakat sex pillow
    You can get the full thing off the MySpace page for it in a .rar file. There's a bunch of mirrors you can download it from linked on the right.

EDIT: Of which, only the Filefactory link seems to be up. Oh well, at least the one mirror works.

still got in on HD, PM for link if u cant find it/get it

The Architect
    !! Thanks!

Necro for... well, judge for yourself:

http://www.eurogamer.net/articles/20...-story-to-tell

Level 10,000 achieved
    Mmm yeah, I'm not holding my breath. Ancel seems pretty evasive on the subject. Anyway his studio is working on Wild at the moment, which still doesn't have a release date in sight.

PC Gamering Smartey Man

ZZZZZZ, French Duke Nukem Forever, nothing ever comes of this.

Let's get excited about some Ubi games that aren't eternal vapourware... Bring on Ghost Recon: Wildlands!

So, admittedly, it might not be directly related to BG&E 2 as such, but did no one read the bit about the naked Italian in the woods? Seriously?

Southquarter.com/fms
    I'm guessing there will be some folks not too happy about this (if true), but here it is anyway:

Rumor: Nintendo funding Beyond Good & Evil Sequel

Level 10,000 achieved
    Huh. Well I guess that might mean there's a greater chance of it actually getting made, but also a greater chance of it being a Nintendo-console exclusive. :/

Chakat sex pillow
    If Nintendo's footing the development bill, it will almost certainly be a Nintendo exclusive, just like Bayonetta 2. Which would be not so great, but them's the breaks.

verbose douchebag
    Out of interest, have Nintendo ever produced anything which wasn't an exclusive?

Chakat sex pillow
    First party titles? None that I know of. dethtoll would probably be able to relate any arcana or anomalies in that regard. Things developed by third-party studios do sometimes see release on other platforms. Resident Evil 4 eventually made it to the PS2, for example.

PC Gamering Smartey Man

Quote Originally Posted by faetal View Post
    Out of interest, have Nintendo ever produced anything which wasn't an exclusive?
    Educational titles Mario is Missing and Mario's Time Machine came to PC at least. I played them emulated many years ago and for what they were they weren't terrible.

Then there's Pokemon Go that's coming for mobile OSes.

Level 10,000 achieved
    Ancel post an image on his Instagram. :O