TTLG|Thief|Bioshock|System Shock|Deus Ex|Mobile
Page 1 of 6 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Beyond Good & Evil 2 announced!!!

Beyond Good & Evil 2 announced!!!

http://www.gamespot.com/pc/adventure...ml?sid=6190987

It's a year on, so hopefully we'll get it soon!

But not actually greenlighted yet.

Sorta funny that he's talking about it, actually.

Hopefully internet fandom will spur the Ubisoft suits on ...

El Shagmeister

Oh please, oh please, oh please, oh please, oh please, oh please, oh please, oh please, oh please, oh please, oh please, oh please, oh please, oh please, oh please, oh please, oh please, oh please, oh please, oh please, oh please, oh please, oh please!!!!

Wasn't I reading just the other day that Ubi were hemming a hawwing over putting their stuff on Steam, or on Steam internationally or something. BG&E was one that suffered. I suspect it'd get a good reception there and that'd probably swing a sequel.

-edit-
    Oh yeah
    http://www.rockpapershotgun.com/?p=1762

A sequel would give me even more cause to look up the original, which I still haven't done.

SHAME ON YOU!!!

El Shagmeister
    Tsk...scottles.

=/

Yeah, BG&E has the #1 cliffhanger of an ending. That's why no sequel stung so bad. Scots, I would wait and see about the sequel's status, because the story just starts getting good (hits the climax)at the end of 1.

Dudes, I regularly struggle to make time/effort for games... I wish I had the energy and abundance of free time I had in my teens, but sadly, being a working parent with other hobbies kind of scuppers that.

Dilemma understood!

El Shagmeister

Why you gotta hate, playah?

I know I'll probably be lynched for this, but I don't really get what the big deal is about this game. I tried the demo a couple years back and wasn't that impressed.

Maybe I just can't get into that "whimsical" kind of stuff.

Thing What Kicks
    The demo was pretty bad ZymeAddict, and definitely not representative of the final game.
    As for you Scots, it's a very short game, so I'm sure you could make some time for it

BG&E2 !!!! hurray, please make it happen !!!

btw, BG&E 1 on my pc still doesn't get past the 10-20fps during some boatmissions, I hope they LEARN HOW TO PORT AND CODE when they put out the sequel.

Quote Originally Posted by ZymeAddict View Post
    I know I'll probably be lynched for this, but I don't really get what the big deal is about this game. I tried the demo a couple years back and wasn't that impressed.

I think the game itself is one of those titles that is okay in terms of gameplay but made special by the sheer amount of heart it has. However, it's the sort of heart that will not be according to everyone's taste. It's normal.

Quote Originally Posted by ZymeAddict View Post

Totally agreed. Cliche story, weak and overly reveleaing storytelling, shallow characters and world without any background... though, on the upside the whole endgame section starting from the moon space battle was frikking epic.

Level 10,000 achieved

ok settle down TF

uhh...

Anyway.

I was talking to a friend who's playing BG&E at the moment and he said that if I liked BG&E I should play Advent Rising. Apparently there are quite a few similarities between the titles. Anyone wanna confirm/deny this?

I'd like to see a sequel. BG&E was a good game, an incredibly overrated game, but a good one nonetheless. I still contend BG&E and Scrapland are basically the same game, with one being more Splinter Cell and the other being more Hitman, but whatever.

is Best Pony
    I would buy two copies. Believe it.

Quote Originally Posted by henke View Post
    uhh...

Anyway.

I was talking to a friend who's playing BG&E at the moment and he said that if I liked BG&E I should play Advent Rising. Apparently there are quite a few similarities between the titles. Anyone wanna confirm/deny this?
    Er, deny. I have both on the Xbox. BG&E is clearly the superior game.

I wouldn't put them in the same genre at all. BG&E is a Zelda rip-off in almost every sense--I mean that in a good way. Whereas Advent Rising is a story-heavy shooter that wants to be the next Halo. AR takes itself VERY seriously whereas BG&E clearly does not (exhibit A: a pig with fart-powered rocket boots).

I wouldn't say AR is a bad game, I don't think it deserved a lot of the criticism it got. It's fun and interesting and has above-average story and dialog. But it's nothing resembling BG&E, either in design, gameplay, story, humour, or atmosphere.

Thing What Kicks
    Advent Rising's story is great Space Opera stuff, but that's to be expected when Orson Scott Card had a hand in it.
    The gameplay's a bit shallow and very linear, but the story makes up for that.
    Cheap on Steam at the mo too.

Quote Originally Posted by Malf View Post
    Advent Rising's story is great Space Opera stuff, but that's to be expected when Orson Scott Card had a hand in it.
    The gameplay's a bit shallow and very linear, but the story makes up for that.
    Cheap on Steam at the mo too.
    Card was the reason I actually bought the game. After I got it I realised the low production values and weak gameplay were not what I wanted and sold it on play. The story may have been good but the way it presented that story was horrible.

I couldn't find anything in the credits to support it but I think on of the characters was voiced by the hitman guy who's name escapes me.

On BG&E2, I'd give it a go. I played the 1st up to a point when a bug prevented me from continuing and eventually gave up. Shame though as aside from the cutesy graphics, which would put alot of people off, it was a really nice game.

Quote Originally Posted by DaBeast View Post
    On BG&E2, I'd give it a go. I played the 1st up to a point when a bug prevented me from continuing
    If that was the bug where you are preventing from obtaining a second triangle key, then there are workarounds available.

Shame though as aside from the cutesy graphics, which would put alot of people off, it was a really nice game.
    The graphics and art direction were superb. Anyone put off by them is deranged, IMHO.

Sure the game has flaws, and the story isn't what it could have been, but I still loved every minute. A sequel is brilliant news.

Quote Originally Posted by Shadowcat View Post
    If that was the bug where you are preventing from obtaining a second triangle key, then there are workarounds available.

The graphics and art direction were superb. Anyone put off by them is deranged, IMHO.

Sure the game has flaws, and the story isn't what it could have been, but I still loved every minute. A sequel is brilliant news.
    I tried a load of things that were supposed to fix it, at the time there wasn't a whole lot you could do. Eventually I got fed up and uninstalled.

When I say cutesy graphics I mean that people would look at it and assume it was a kids game fit for a nintendo. Possibly one of the reasons Psychonauts didn't fair too well. The average gamer seems to want tits, blood and explosions in roughly that order.