TTLG|Thief|Bioshock|System Shock|Deus Ex|Mobile
Page 6 of 27 FirstFirst ... 234567891011162126 ... LastLast

Thread: Broken Triad Released (05/31/08)

I normally don't ask for help, but I think this might be a technical issue that I cant resolve.

Dont read the spoiler if you have not yet completed all of the primary objectives in the first mission.

After you discover the plot twist with the keeper and watch the excellent camvator sequences detailing the betrayal, you float back into the cathedral to see Garrett still lying in the circle of protection. At that point.. I suppose something is going to happen.. but ive been waiting and starting at the screen for over 10 minutes now and no sequence is activating.. and I cant move. Upon reload of a save before the other sequences, still the same result.

Any ideas?

Edit: To anybody else: Don't worry, it's highly unlikely that you encounter the same issue. SneakyJack did something special.

Darn, that sounds indeed like a technical problem which we didn't encounter before. Somebody should enter the cathedral. If you give me some time, I can upload a save game that gets you near that point in the mission and try it that way. I'll PM you when it's up.
    Last edited by Eshaktaar; 1st Jun 2008 at 15:25.

Quote Originally Posted by Eshaktaar View Post
    Darn, that sounds indeed like a technical problem which we didn't encounter before. Somebody should enter the cathedral. If you give me some time, I can upload a save game that gets you near that point in the mission and try it that way. I'll PM you when it's up.
    That would be great. I've left it running and waiting for 20 minutes and no one ever came. Garrett seems to be taking an extended nap.

Thank you - should have guessed there was something in there.

Thanks Eshaktaar I now have the staff

Just to be clear on my earlier report - it was user error and not anything to do with this excellent FM.

I was going somewhere I was not intended to be going.

Thanks for the help Eshaktaar!

I look forward to mission 2.

Wow, just finished! Everything was totally amazing!

This has the be the best dual-pack of the last few years

Eshaktaar, you have done an excellent job!

chalice: I get the idea of what to do, however when I use the levers and obviously dont get the correct sequence, I can then move them up and down and nothing happens at all anymore. noone turns around.

a small hint please. thank you

dkessler: I don't think that is supposed to happen. Can you load an earlier save and try again?

The Elusive One: I can give you a hint. Have you played Temple of the Tides?

dkessler: Eep, that sounds indeed like a bug. Do you remember if you did something special, i.e. frob the same lever in quick succession? If you have a previous save where the switches still work, pull the first three levers from right to left, starting with the one that's to your right when you enter. After the third lever the field should vanish.

The Elusive One: Did you find a scroll called "An Odd Occurence"? There's a clue in there.

Quote Originally Posted by ffox View Post
    dkessler: I don't think that is supposed to happen. Can you load an earlier save and try again?
    hmmm...the last one I have is before I inactivate the alarm. I do not save too often, which is more realistic game play for me.
    This one of the typical Esh sequence puzzles which are normally straight forward, but here the levers do not move the statues after you use two of them.

The statues should always move. Each lever controls a different set of statues, and you need them all to face away for the field to disappear.

The statues should always move. Each lever controls a different set of statues, and you need them all to face away for the field to disappear.
    Esh, first of all awesome job as always.
    While I do expect the statues to all move, what I have encountered at least is that I can trigger "any" two of the four levers and then the statues do not move at all anymore. The levers still move up and down. As I said the idea is straigtforward.

And maybe it is also only something with my install/system etc, but fact is I think that I will not get to taste that moonshine unless I can progress.

That's weird. At the moment I cannot say what could cause this, but I can send you an email with a link to a save game that puts you immediately after the puzzle.

Excellent mission, Eshaktaar - OB was brilliant, this is on the same level.

I'm stuck, and I can't figure out if this is due to a bug or not.

I deactivated the red security beam (both on the roof and in the exhibit) and removed the blue rays. Seems I may have done it in a wacky order, though - I flicked the roof switch, then the blue ray switch, last the exhibit switch. But my precious prize is completely non-frobbable/non-interchangable. Should it be?

I also had problems with the flower card. I figured out that the book code should be on it, but right clicking didn't display anything. I must have looked real silly dropping the card, magnifying my vision and squinting, trying to pick up a name from a heavily pixelated card... I ended up reloading and breaking into the museum directors house just to see if the code would be there now - which it was.

So... tell me won't have to restart this...

The thing about the flower card sounds like a buggy install, and I'm not sure if the other problem is related to that. You can try the following: Turn the red beam back on by switching the lever in the basement and the one in the attic. Go into the central hall and check if it's indeed reactivated. If so, turn on the blue rays again, and check if they're really on as well. Then deactivate them, and then the red beam, and check if the statue is now frobbable (which it should be at that point).

Well after playing for over 12 hours I'm knackered. I think I'll need all my wits about me to tackle those zombie things so will wait till morning.

What on earth can you say about a mission like this. To paraphrase Shelley, 'Look on my works, ye game developers, and despair'.

Thanks for the help, but it won't work. Guess it's reboot/reinstall/restart for me.

Oh, and in case I wasn't perfectly clear about it - great, great mission! The time you must have put into this...stunning effort.

/deef

deef the thief, check your PMs.

The Elusive One: Did you find a scroll called "An Odd Occurence"? There's a clue in there.
    Ahh, off course, i had completely forgotten about that scroll, thank you, got it now.

Any hints as to the secrets? I'm missing quite a lot in both levels and normally i pride myself on being able to find most of the secrets, but these have me stumped.

Can ANYBODY give me an hint how to reach the switch right obove the big round decoration in the museum, right behind the balcony ?

Some of the secrets in the second mission are quite hard to find. Here are just a few pointers:

The odd occurence the scroll mentions will also help you locate a few secrets.

In the Necropolis you need to trap yourself to get somewhere else.

Market stands can be mantled if you stand in front of them.

The pyramid lights are also mantleable (is that even a word?).

Edit:
    Outlooker: You need a certain item that helps you frob that lever. If you haven't found a secret in the catacombs near the fountain yet, head back there and take a look at the light fixtures.

Ohhh, sorry for this, I've managed to crash the FM three times in the same spot

Whoops. That's the game's way of saying you don't need to go there.

Ohh I know, sometimes I like to break the mission, if I can, and go places I shouldn't.

Page 6 of 27 FirstFirst ... 234567891011162126 ... LastLast