TTLG|Thief|Bioshock|System Shock|Deus Ex|Mobile
Page 4 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast

Thread: TDS mission: Valley (June/04/2008) UPDATE:All Languages.

Thanks for the feedback, I'm happy you folks are enjoying the mission.

I really have no idea how you can bjack those fast running shamans. I tried several times before I gave up. But I'm glad there is an alternative that I couldn't do/think of before.
    Last edited by Flux; 14th Jun 2008 at 06:23.

I had no trouble blackjacking them. I just snuck to the spot where they stopped to turn around and then nailed them on the turn. Easy! What I never got was how the readable said the moss arrows would slow them down. That never worked for me on the ground or on them. Thats why I snuck to the turn around spot and whacked them..lol

Sting

They work like gas arrows, you have to shoot them in the face or chest.

I didn't blackjacked them. I managed to steal the keys while they were turning. The one inside the ruins was harder. First I stole his wand and made noise by throwing it next to him. The other two guards came and when they calmed down they stopped at the running pagan's path. So he had to go round them and he did that slow. So I took the key. Lucky me

Any French translation started yet ? (I could help a little)

btw Flux, any idea why FM objectives never display using a french TDS (whatever user.ini I use) ?

Keeper of FMs

I pickpocketed the keys from the runners then blackjacked them. I did basically the same thing as Stingm, waited where they stopped & turned.

They work like gas arrows, you have to shoot them in the face or chest.
    That explains it, I think I hit them in the back..lol I will have to try that next time. Thanks for the tip!

Sting

Very nice mission, only thing I found bad was because of the size of it it would take a few minutes to load up the mission even from a quicksave..I guess that is because of the poorly optimised game engine...hard to believe an Unreal modified engine can perform so poorly...

For me it wasn't significantly longer than with one of the bigger original missions. Well, maybe I always went into the kitchen... no, I didn't. Anyone else with this issue? Would be interesting to know since FMs in the future might as well be so big.

Keeper of FMs

The loading time was a bit longer than many TDS FMs, but not enough to annoy me. I don't recall much difference in the TDS OMs. For me, the reward of having no loading zones mid-game makes it well worth an extra minute as this was my least favorite part of TDS. Many of the larger T2 missions take as long or longer to load, so I am used to it. If we want bigger, better FMs, then we can expect longer load times. I think this is something that will become normal as people expand their missions.

An enjoyable mission overall and one of the better TDS fan missions so far.

Thanks for taking the time to build it.

WOW I finished it.
    Nice, some low FPS with open areas and lots of flames, but manageable.

Can I receive more feedback regarding performance? It will be useful for future reference. I'd like to hear from players especially with low-end rigs.

GREAT!!

To Flux: This has to be one of or the best TDS fan made mission I have played I hope you keep up the GREAT work and give us a sequel like the ending hints to!!!! I enjoyed it very much Thanx

Quote Originally Posted by Flux View Post
    Can I receive more feedback regarding performance? It will be useful for future reference. I'd like to hear from players especially with low-end rigs.
    1280MB RAM GF6200 256MB CPU P4 2.8GHz HT, Thief 3 was installed on a SATA2 HDD where there is no OS swap file in that physical disk, but somewhere else. Oh yes playing at 800 x 600. Windoze XP SP3.

I had only the usual crash problems related to drivers issues that always pop up in t3 once in a while. Only a couple of slow downs when near certain flames, but only lasted a sec or so. It was almost like the computer had slow for a bit to load something, and then it was okay.

I play on a p4 1.5 512ram gf3 ti200 w/64ram with xp sp3 at 800*600. Thanks again for a great level.

Sting

Quote Originally Posted by Stingm View Post
    I had only the usual crash problems related to drivers issues that always pop up in t3 once in a while. Only a couple of slow downs when near certain flames, but only lasted a sec or so. It was almost like the computer had slow for a bit to load something, and then it was okay.

I play on a p4 1.5 512ram gf3 ti200 w/64ram with xp sp3 at 800*600. Thanks again for a great level.

Sting

Sting, Are my eyes reading correct? You have geforce 3?

Because of the enormous negativity pulsed by "pioneers" when t3ed first released, we still feel timid about pushing t3ed to its limits. What I hear from you is really encouraging, thank you.

You read right, GForce 3 Ti 200..lol Glad its encouraging, keep up the great work. I eagerly await your next fan mission release.

Sting

Performance

Sempron 1,8GHz, 512 DDR, GF 6600, WinXP, 1024x768

In the open areas it starts to lag because of the low FPS. But not much.

Quote Originally Posted by Ringer View Post
    I found bad was because of the size of it it would take a few minutes to load up the mission even from a quicksave...
    I think that it's better without loading times in the mission. I have no problem with slow loading. Maybe because I don't frequently use LOAD. Yes, when the mission is divided it will load quickly but in this way it will interrupt your experience.

I'm enjoying this fm so much, beautiphul atmosphere, but I'm experiencing some probs during saving.
    Saving just freezes, I can move the mouse around but it will never finish the saving.
    So I reboot and tadaaaa my last saving before this has totally disappeared!!!
    What may be the cause of this????

I am stuck, I have destroyed the two voodoo dolls, have the pagan fruit, the flower rose, the dead beetle and Dyan's amulet, what I must make now?

@maga: Since the only difference I know of concerning the Thief DS setup is your probably Italian language setting, that might be one way to have a look. Did you change it to English for instance?

@bluclint: If you have read the diary and so completed your first objective, you should know what to do.

Quote Originally Posted by Beleg Cúthalion View Post

@bluclint: If you have read the diary and so completed your first objective, you should know what to do.
    I have not had the time to read the diary and now I do not know as it is opened from inventory. You say to me as it is opened?

Beleg, everything concerning Thief is set to English language................

Well, then I have no idea. Unless of course you have Vista; there have been some savegame problems with that because TDS won't find the My Files folder or something.

@bluclint: Once you have it in your inventory/belt, just use it the way you would use a flashbomb.