TTLG|Thief|Bioshock|System Shock|Deus Ex|Mobile
Page 6 of 9 FirstFirst ... 23456789 LastLast

Thread: TDS mission: Valley (June/04/2008) UPDATE:All Languages.

I finished this earlier today. The environments, especially the mountains at the beginning, the ruins and the forest area, were stunning. The objectives were quite unique : the voodoo dolls, the perfume, getting the pagans 'stoned'. I thought the bush monsters (totally scared me when I noticed them moving), speedy pagans and Freesia with her magical eyesight were really great ideas. As a whole I thought it was better than some of the original TDS missions.
    I thought the increased pagan presence was one of the best things about TDS so it's nice to see some missions that feature them.

You've obviously gone to alot of effort with this one and it shows, Flux. I hope you make a sequel but if not, just keep making FMs

Thanks

SS

ShadowSneaker, thanks for your comments.

Updated the first post, all language versions are ready to download.
    http://thief.bittersense.com/valleymulti.zip

Clearinghouse
    Thanks, Flux

GREAT mission. Wow. THAT was hard. I finally had to come searching for spoilers.

Finding that amulet was nearly the death of me. I really could've used better directions than "near the fountain". Never would've seen that frobbable wall, and even AFTER being told where to look, I had a hard time finding it.

The bush-guys? Yeah. FREAKY. Am I right that they don't show up until after the dolls are gone? Because that area seemed eerily empty, and then after I killed the dolls I noticed ONE OF THE DAMN BUSHES WAS MOVING.

Man.

I blackjacked the speedy-shamans by waiting at their turning point.

And that last lady I need the purple perfume for -- she was cool. I tried taking her out with my remaining fire arrows, but no. I was forced to go make the potion in order to get past her.

The only downside -- if difficulty isn't a downside -- was that some of the cave walls looked climbable, but I couldn't seem to get up them. There seemed like a ledge near the speedy guys, but I couldn't stay up there. I still wonder if that's not where some of my missing loot was. (I ended with 91%.)

Great FM. You've drawn me back into Thief.

LockPick problem, I need help

I've received an email from some pc magazine editor, telling me that he's a problem of lock-picks not appearing in this mission. When he wants to open chests/doors, it looks like the lock-picks aren't there.

Has anyone else encountered this problem? How to solve it?

I was downloading the updated version of this from the link on the very first page and after 4 hours the download failed, it looks like all the bandwidth of the host has been used up. The other links don't seem to have this new version, or maybe they do but i can't tell since the filename hasn't been changed and it would take me hours to download it on dial up so i have to be sure.

Could a kind soul point me in the direction of an alternate link?

Keeper of FMs

Clearinghouse

Thanks everyone!

Phew. Finally finished this one. Great mission!

I did have a bit of trouble. Both with the key issue (same key as so many others. That first key you need to get), and the fountain/potion thing. I kept thinking that the -thing- outside Lilac and Dyan's rooms was the fountain. I didn't -think- it looked like a lion's head. . .but it did resemble a fountain. I finally found the fountain in question. And of course it fits the description better than that other thing. lol

The bushes nearly sent me out of my skin. Sheesh. Creepy.

I did find a few 'buggy' areas. The corner behind the second shaman's hut (where the voodoo dolls are found), there's a corner I can look into a greenish void. And the cave where the fast guys are. . .right after you come out of the tunnel from where the huts are, I ducked into a little alcove there to hide. . .and kept running through the wall, through a little tunnel and came out on the edge of the map. At least I think it was, since the edge was sharp and straight and there was -nothing- below except for that green void stuff. I was able to get back. . .but it was odd.

I was able to 'disable' the running shamans fairly easily. I mean, it took a few tries - several reloads. . .but it worked. I waited for them at their turning points, and snabbed their wands. They slow down after that. . .and it made getting the keys easier. They also can't attack you after that. They become wimps. Same with the two women near that green fountain thingy. It was more fun than knocking them out, I think.

Anyway, great job. I enjoyed that mission a lot.

Dyan

I'd like to know
    Where's Dyan's window (I suppose where the green thingie is) and how do I drop the amulet as it does not appear in my inventory?

Quote Originally Posted by maga View Post
    I'd like to know
    Where's Dyan's window (I suppose where the green thingie is) and how do I drop the amulet as it does not appear in my inventory?
    It is in the square where that green thingy is. Second level up. And you just have to frob the windowsill.

electric door

where i can find the key to open the wallbox at the electric doors?
    to shut the electric down down and start the thing to let the gas out

Quote Originally Posted by Garg View Post
    where i can find the key to open the wallbox at the electric doors?
    to shut the electric down down and start the thing to let the gas out

It's on the desk where the sleeping thug's room.

thanks but now im stuck again.
    where is the necklace the agent is hiding? what ruins near the lionhead he means?
    i found already 3 ingrients for the mixture at the lionhead , but where is the pepperbag ingrient?

For the necklace go back to the tower with the lion head fountain and get to the room where you drop down to the area with the hole in the floor. When you get there look for a frobbable wall section near where you dropped. Once you have the necklace, goto Dyans and put it on her window ledge. She will come out and light the fire with the other pagan. Once that is done search both rooms, as one holds your missing ingrediant I believe. Hope this helps!

Sting

Do you excuse friends, but... which is the system to overcome the abyss to enter in the room of Fresia? ... and the green fountain, which is her function? Thanks a lot in advance

You have to read the keeper diary, of course first you have to find it. All your needed answers are there.

Quote Originally Posted by Flux View Post
    ShadowSneaker, thanks for your comments.

Updated the first post, all language versions are ready to download.
    http://thief.bittersense.com/valleymulti.zip
    Most excellent work, Flux!
    I love rock-climbing and Ghosting, and this is the very best of both!

(Btw, I am trying to talk a Japanese h-game producer, into doing a T3 FM.)
    They are developing their very own 3d-engine and even our very old T3 engine would be light-years ahead of their Quake-with-tits work, for some real game-play, you know.

The Japanese are famous for their unforgiving horror movies, aren't they...?

Quote Originally Posted by Beleg Cúthalion View Post
    The Japanese are famous for their unforgiving horror movies, aren't they...?
    Yes, they are, especially in the Silent Hill, Grudge and Ring series.
    (But Japanese h-games, to me, primarily deal with adult or sexual topics.)

pavlovscat
    @Hope Vincent
    You don't need to select the keys from inventory. They will automatically open the door. If the doors are still locked, then you don't have the proper key yet.
    So the two keys that I just got, from the desk of the sleeping man, will not be showing in inventory? (Talk about a strange game of blind-man's bluff.)
    Last edited by tiger@sound.net; 6th Sep 2008 at 05:14.

The keys work in the usual TDS style, i.e. doors are unlocked automatically once you have them in your inventory (see the menu --> objects or something).

Quote Originally Posted by Beleg Cúthalion View Post
    The keys work in the usual TDS style, i.e. doors are unlocked automatically once you have them in your inventory (see the menu --> objects or something).
    Yes, that's it, Beleg.

If you go to Gear -> Items, I have a Pagan Fruit, a Generator Fuse and 3 Keys.
    But if I use the game's on-screen 3d inventory then I have none of those.

(I got confused because I saw keys in the "All the World's a Stage" FM.)

So, it might be a safer with avoiding those 3d graphics for keys?

Thanks, again, to Flux and his team of translators and testers for a great game!
    Last edited by tiger@sound.net; 6th Sep 2008 at 16:51.

Thank you both, Stingm and Beleg Cúthalion.

My problem, with Dyan, was that she would not exit her room.

(Imagine placing the amulet on Dyan's window and then she opens, says a few words and simply closes the door to continue mumbling to herself, behind a locked door.)

So I stealthed in, as she turned to close the door, stole her key and robbed her blind. And then I returned to open the door for her exit, where she finally lit the Green flame.

Bravo, Flux, with your new and very spooky creatures!

Page 6 of 9 FirstFirst ... 23456789 LastLast