TTLG|Thief|Bioshock|System Shock|Deus Ex|Mobile
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: ShadowSneaker's music

The Architect

ShadowSneaker's music

Recently ShadowSneaker debuted his Thief-inspired music here, but as it was an offer to FM authors to provide music, it was moved to TEG forum.

But now that his music is available to download and not just listen, I wanted everyone in General to enjoy it too.

Shadow Sneaker - Crypts.mp3
    Shadow Sneaker - Mechanist Massacre.mp3
    Shadow Sneaker - Midnight Whispered My Name.mp3
    Shadow Sneaker - Twilight Trickster.mp3
    Shadow Sneaker - Dreams of Dead Thoughts.mp3

Yes, I'm deathly allergic to myspace, sorry. Thanks for the conversion of MP3's! Much appreciated, and good stuff too.
    Keep it up.

Damn, those links won't load for me - just get a blank web page (& a 'wait' cursor).
    Never had so much trouble accessing / downloading anything before - myspace locked up IE, yousendit had a security certificate issue (& then wanted me to join just to d/l) & now this!
    Really would like to listen to ShadowSneaker's music: guess I'll have to wait for you to get it linked at The Circle, DN.
    Last edited by Sticky Fingers; 21st Jun 2008 at 00:13.

The Architect
    have you tried a right-click save-target-as?

I went ahead and mirrored them at the Keep if it helps a few more folks be able to hear this very good quality stuff!

ShadowSneaker-Crypts.mp3
    ShadowSneaker-MechanistMassacre.mp3
    ShadowSneaker-MidnightWhisperedMyName.mp3
    ShadowSneaker-TwilightTrickster.mp3
    ShadowSneaker-DreamsofDeadThoughts.mp3

EDIT - added new song
    Last edited by Shadak; 27th Jun 2008 at 18:21. Reason: Added new song
    "For the Love of the Game"

Should've said; tried that too & the versions d/l'd bring up "input media invalid" messages from WMP (the d/l's started about 1/3 the way in, like I was resuming them...)

Wierd thing is I've tried again, & now have playable versions of the last 2, but the first 2 still give the same error message. Will try again later.

"Midnight Whispered My Name" (great title) & "Twighlight Trickster" sound really good ShadowSneaker - giving a feeling of darkness & mystery. Looking forward to hearing the other 2 (I hope)

EDIT: Thanx for the links DN & Shadak, but have the same issue with the Keep links (if only the 'Help' link with the WMP error messages was actually helpful). I'll see if I can get an update for my WMP - although it plays everything else just fine...)
    Last edited by Sticky Fingers; 21st Jun 2008 at 01:41.

Hey thanks, guys. And thanks Shadak/Dig for hosting them.
    I can email you those two remaining tracks if you want, Sticky Fingers?

Thanks

SS

Keeper of FMs

How'd I miss this last night? Very nice music ShadowSneaker! Can we expect more tracks from you in the future? I hope so.

As it turns out, I got the same problem that other fellow has. The first two give that invalid media thing. It is worth pointing out that my install is so bare minimum, I dont even have any form of Divx installed. Who knows, I bet after I install my dvd burner software, this will clear up like it usually does.

Oh, as for the last two songs, it sounds to me like they are the missing songs from Thief II with better production. Thats pretty cool.

Great job ShadowSneaker! It is realy cool to listen to your music while sneaking around on ttlg

I don't have a any knowledge on creating music but would it be possible to create a soundtrack that makes you feel you are on the rooftops of the City?
    A feeling like looking down 40m to the streets...

Goldmoon, I am not sure why it is doing that, maybe it is the program I converted them with. I might redo it. Thanks for the compliments

I could give that a go, intruder. I love Thieve's Highway/City missions.

WMP "input media invalid" problem

Solved by simply using WinAmp (me overlooking the basics again). All 4 play just fine, & there's probably several other music-playing programs that would also work (sod WMP for playing music! - what is their problem?)

Thanx for the help, ShadowSneaker.

Definitely recommend d/ling these

Hey Sticky, glad you got them working. Yeah, I don't get what's up with WMP, they were just regular mp3s as far as I can tell....

Thanks

SS

Crypts - good, atmospheric and ominous, not too loud, which is good. A great one!
    Mechanist Massacre - too rhythmic I guess and too repetitive.. I don't know really, I liked this one less than the previous..
    Midnight Whispered My Name - awesome, I think it would really get me shivering in a spooky location - perfect! :O
    Twilight Trickster - second favourite, stunning and cool, love it

And a note to FM creators: please take music into your missions, there've been many fantastic creations out there in the Thief community and it's just going to waste, I have personally composed Thief-style music and ShadowSneaker here is doing an awesome job as well. Just get all that stuff into your worlds and they'll improve a lot!

Clearinghouse
    Cool.
    I wait more tracks!

Permanently Enlarged
    Awesome music, man! Granted I can only listen to the latter two as I only have WMP, and am currently too lazy to go out and acquire WinAmp, but still, damned good work. Might use some of it in my FM "City of Vines." ... With your permission, of course.

Permanently Enlarged
    ::a la Stinkoman:: Correct me if I'm wrong, but are you asking for a CHALLENGE?!

Haha, I could be..........

The Architect
    Added to the first post.
    Shadow Sneaker - Dreams of Dead Thoughts.mp3

More excellent work!

I've added this one to the Keep as well, but I can't play this one myself. All the other four work for me in WMV (I have a ton of codecs installed for it too), just not this last one.

How are you encoding these, as many people have had trouble?
    "For the Love of the Game"

Keeper of FMs

I'm using WinAmp v5.531 and haven't had any problems.

Realplayer does not like the last one for me. I've listened to the first four so far. They're really good and Thiefy at that. Thanks!

Cool Edit Pro? That's before this thing was bought by Adobe, isn't it? The Child of Karras always complains about (the quality of) Adobe Audition's mp3 codec; not sure if this has something to do with the problems which some guys have around here.

By the way, played them all in WinAmp, too, and had no trouble at all. Really good stuff. A rooftops track would be interesting. Since the CoK is still somehow ambitious to make the Metal Age Soundtrack, I already thought about LotP which is so big but features afaik no useful music except maybe for Angelwatch itself. So I already thought about making a little rooftop theme for this part, especially since we added custom material in the Thief Gold Soundtrack and no one complained.

Pad sounds should work. Pad sounds always work. Well, you know what I mean. I would like to do such a eletronical action-progress-movie-drumloop-thingy (the "let's get it started" kind of theme) if it wasn't so out-of-the-mill.