TTLG|Thief|Bioshock|System Shock|Deus Ex|Mobile
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Pavlovscat's FM Reviews

Keeper of FMs

Pavlovscat's FM Reviews

To make it easier to find the older reviews, especially once I start adding the pre-2007 reviews, the links to all my review threads will be posted here. This thread is available for general comments, but comments can be added to the invidual threads if you find a problem with that review. These reviews are for all you taffers, so any feedback is appreciated. And, please, let me know if I manage to miss any missions or make any other mistakes so I can fix them. I want this to be a complete archive of mini-reviews for all the FMs.

Happy Taffing!!

2008 Fourth Quarter FM Review
    2008 Third Quarter FM Review
    2008 Second Quarter FM Review
    2008 First Quarter FM Review
    2007 FM Year in Review
    Last edited by pavlovscat; 25th Jan 2010 at 22:26.
    Check out the Thief Fan Mission Beta Testing Forum for all your beta-testing needs!

Thanks Pavloscat, this is really helpfull.
    I never noticed this thread before. Sorry that it took me this time to review it: eww:

Gloria Creep
    There're angels who playThief and angels who don't ........ both go to heaven ............
    Dare to join .............

Keeper of FMs

That's OK, Gloria! There are so many things going on it's hard to catch everything! I'm glad you found it useful!

Thanks Pavlovscat, you're a gem.

Say, have you ever thought about doing some reviews for the older missions...there are a lot of oldies out there that still jazz with taffers today. Equilibrium and stowaway are two of my personal favorites and both were released in the same year as T2.

Keeper of FMs

I'm about halfway through 2006, but things keep happening...like server crashes & RL. Anyway, my intention is do reviews all the way back to 1999. I completely agree that there are some excellent older missions that have been overshadowed by the newer ones. I started working backward, but I'm considering going back to the beginning next - not sure yet.

I think it might also be easier to start from the beginning just because there were fewer missions back then and they tended to be shorter. Also fewer campaigns.

Keeper of FMs

I seems I picked the second biggest release year. These are approximate numbers including re-releases. Either way, that's a butt-load of missions. Good thing I don't have a paying job!

1999 - 60
    2000 - 68
    2001 - 94
    2002 - 153
    2003 - 80
    2004 - 87
    2005 - 87
    2006 - 124

um,

i KNOW this iz gonna get laughs AT me, but, what the heck exactly is a "taffer"

never could figure out if it just meant a thief or is a derogatory remark like jerk or ***hole!

Quote Originally Posted by Garrett's Shadow View Post

never could figure out if it just meant a thief or is a derogatory remark like jerk or ***hole!
    There was a glossary somewhere about the Thief world and I read there that the "taffer" is a Thief specific nickname used by the guards on the thieves and other ones being mischievous. It means nothing actually, it's just like the "asshole" .

Quote Originally Posted by Garrett's Shadow View Post

I know I'm way too late for this, but I just HAVE to point out THIS THREAD, which links to four different threads about just this.

You know, the one titled IMPORTANT: Essential Reading. Stickied right to the top of ThiefGen.

Yeah. So not laughing, just groaning at the young taffer's today.

Oh, and wondering after reviews from this year!

.j.

Keeper of FMs

It's been a bad year in RL. We are moving from a house to an apartment on Oct. 1 - YIKES!! That's in 3 days! Once we are settled in the new place, I will catch up on playing FMs & start doing reviews again.

It's hard to believe how much crap 2 people can accumulate in a few short years. Going through all of that has been worse than the actual packing!

Thanks for your great input on this forum
    I hope you're settled down now?!

Gloria Creep
    There're angels who playThief and angels who don't ........ both go to heaven ............
    Dare to join .............

Applause for you!

Just wanted to add a thank you for your very dedicated efforts to the Thief Community with this humongous project!!! Every "taffer" will be in much appreciation for many a moon. Cheers!

I really miss his review of our FMs.

Keeper of FMs

I started reviewing again. Check out my review of Eclipsed at The Circle. I've got some catching up to do!

Thanks for the reviews, Pavlovscat

They have been fun to read and very useful in tracking down some FM's.

Q: When (or if) are you going to review some of the stuff from last year and early this year? I personally can't wait

Summer

Desperately dodgy geezer
    Quote Originally Posted by Bulgarian_Taffer View Post
    I really miss his her review of our FMs.

This isn't funny.

I'm sorry How could I know she's a girl?

Go to her profile?

Oh well, it's always hard to see if someone is male or female, especially when they don't have nicknames that show that.

Desperately dodgy geezer
    Quote Originally Posted by Bulgarian_Taffer View Post

This isn't funny.

I'm sorry How could I know she's a girl?
    Not your fault, B_T! Probably plenty of folks here who don't know.

The Architect
    I'm probably a female myself.

This won't surprise me at all, Dig!

After all I started playing WoW (this explains my absence) and I'm surprised we have a lot of girls there :P

Yeah, I was surprised by the number of girls in gaming today, too. Always thought the violence in most games kept many of them from getting interested.

Heck everybody young and old seem to be gamers in some fashion today...never would have guessed this back in the mid-'90s. Seemed like a very niche market.

Games are not only about blood and violence. There is a significant amount in romance. Let's take for example the relationship between Zaya and Kedar, or between Basso and his girl...

Plus, killing in Thief has a modest role.