TTLG|Thief|Bioshock|System Shock|Deus Ex|Mobile
Page 6 of 81 FirstFirst ... 234567891011162126313641465156 ... LastLast

Thread: Good Old Games (gog.com)

Sweet, thanks

I had mentioned this before in a previous post, but it sounds like you're not keeping your cookies. Make sure your browser doesn't automatically delete cookies from GOG.com. A cookie is involved in redirecting you to the front page, otherwise you'll get bumped back to the teaser pages. While putting your access key in again at the GOG.com/beta site will let you in again, your access key is only valid for a finite number of activations. If your access key expires and you no longer have your cookie, then you'll probably have to contact the support staff and try to get them to activate your access key again. Sadly, this happened to me when I started using GOG.com shortly after it went live; can't say it was my finest hour.

Taking a break
    Just a heads up, there's an article-interview about GoG and DRM on Ars Technica.

It seems the beta version for the downloader when online today, for those who are interested.

PC Gamering Smartey Man
    I <3 consoles and gamepads

Quote Originally Posted by The_Raven View Post
    It seems the beta version for the downloader when online today, for those who are interested.
    Thanks for the FYI.

PC Gamering Smartey Man
    I <3 consoles and gamepads

Earthworm Jim 1 & 2
    "Coming soon for only $5.99"

When the hell are we going to get Operation Flashpoint!!!

GOG has just implemented a voting system for which games should be added to the catalogue. Here's the top voted games as of October 1st:

GOG is a service I'm extremely interested in. And now that I see SS2 and SS1 in that poll, it can only get much better.
    EDIT: Gave SS1 & 2 my votes.
    Last edited by Bjossi; 1st Oct 2008 at 14:45.

Nifty, didn't know they had a poll; but then again, I haven't visited the site at all today.

Heh, I already own all of those games and most of them when they came out I think I will definitely be looking into this GOG thing now.

I wouldn't hesitate to buy games like SS2 again. No DRM, support for modern computers? Count me in!

chasm: the rift

One game I would purchase if GOG offered it is an old DOS game called Chasm: the Rift. Most have probably never heard of it, but it was a shooter like Quake. I thought it had good atmosphere (e.g. the sounds of rain pattering on windows while inside a building). You could also hear the faint sounds of the water hitting a drain pipe or paper blowing in the wind in some areas.

That wishlist is nice, but it is just sad that people decided to add stupid shit like Crysis on there.

Quote Originally Posted by lost_soul View Post
    One game I would purchase if GOG offered it is an old DOS game called Chasm: the Rift. Most have probably never heard of it, but it was a shooter like Quake. I thought it had good atmosphere (e.g. the sounds of rain pattering on windows while inside a building). You could also hear the faint sounds of the water hitting a drain pipe or paper blowing in the wind in some areas.
    I have that one and it wasn't too bad at all. I quite liked the ability to dismember monsters and it had some cool bosses too.

I voted for Wing Commander: The Kilrathi Saga; I've wanted to get hold of a copy of that, but they've usually been going for upwards of 200 quid on Ebay.

Also, is it worth getting the Descent 1 & 2 pack, or should I jump straight to Descent 3?

N'Al:
    http://tinyurl.com/529eha
    (because GOG thread URLs are enormous)

No obvious answer, but maybe it will help you choose.

Thanks! Went for Descent 3 in the end, FWIW.

Chakat sex pillow
    Good for ye! I'm playing it now m'self, and it's been made of win and awesome so far. Pretty spiffy when compared to the original Descent, and that was a hard act to follow.

Also, Wing Commander, hell yeah. I wouldn't mind being able to get the Kilrathi Saga either.

The problem is, the rights to Wing Commander (and SS1/2) belong to EA. And EA just letting GOG have 'em is about as likely as a herd of pigs floating past your window, to not put too fine a point on it.
    Last edited by Sulphur; 2nd Oct 2008 at 15:08. Reason: i do not know who this Wrathy person is, or why the tigerlion wanted me to kill him

It isn't as unlikely as you'd think, since Wing Commander I and IV were part of gametap's lineup of awhile. Unfortunately, EA decided they didn't like it after a bit and pulled their catalog from the lineup.

Chakat sex pillow
    Really? Didn't know that. I always thought EA was a hard sell when it came to things like this. But it's nice to see they're not as tight-assed as they seemed to be. Maybe there's hope after all!

hahah just noticed that, on the GoG wishlist, 6 people voted for "Limbo of The Lost"

I really hope that they get the Quest for Glory games and Space Quest games. It's impossible to find the QFG games for less than $100 total.

Quote Originally Posted by Kalit View Post
    I really hope that they get the Quest for Glory games and Space Quest games. It's impossible to find the QFG games for less than $100 total.
    I hope you know about AGD Interactive's VGA remake of Quest for Glory II: Trial by Fire?

Yea, I know about that, but it would be nice to have them all.

Page 6 of 81 FirstFirst ... 234567891011162126313641465156 ... LastLast