TTLG|Thief|Bioshock|System Shock|Deus Ex|Mobile
Page 7 of 76 FirstFirst ... 23456789101112172227323742475257 ... LastLast

Thread: Good Old Games (gog.com)

Quote Originally Posted by Kalit
    I really hope that they get the...Space Quest games.
    You do realize that Vivendi released collections of Space Quest, King's Quest, Lesuire Suit Larry, and Police Quest just a few years ago, right? Sure, the collections were hardly perfect, but something tells me that the Vivendi/Blizzard merged entity has absolutely no interest in these brands at all. Considering that many highly anticipated games have been dropped faster than a red headed stepchild after the merger, I doubt Vivendi/Blizzard is even remotely considering licensing their back catalog to GOG.

For all the debate about GOG (Count me as a big fan, even though I have the Top 10 and probably Top 30 in their Wish list!), it's obviously going great guns, because you only have to go back to a post on this thread from 7 days ago showing votes for the Top 10 games in the Wish List in the 100's when today those votes are already now in the 1000's!

Name any gaming site poll that can get 1,000+ votes added to a poll choice in one week!!!

For the DRM question, the price question, the availability question and the PC reputation question, GOG needs to succeed!

Even though it's just beta, by bringing lots of retro PC gamers together in a community way, it is letting the console orientated media and industry know PC gaming is still there to be counted!

PC Gamering Smartey Man
    I <3 consoles and gamepads

Quote Originally Posted by The_Raven View Post
    the Vivendi/Blizzard merged entity
    It was Vivendi and Activision that merged. Vivendi had already owned Blizzard for several years beforehand.

Haha, that's right.

Activision/Blizzard, then.

Closed beta is over. Open beta begins!

In other words, they're keeping the "beta" sign up for now, but the site is open to everybody.

"Gothic" and "Disciples" are new on the 'coming soon' list.

Spangley!

*Joining*

PC Gamering Smartey Man
    I <3 consoles and gamepads

Oddworld 1 & 2 now on GOG.com.

wtf really? I just got them on steam awhile ago. I"d rather have them on GoG.

i so bought them both. and darkstar one.

Beneath a Steel Sky is now free on GOG. (Yes, I know it can be had for free on the internet, but the GOG version is painless and works with Vista.)

Also, Lure of the Temptress.

http://www.gog.com/en/frontpage/

Wow thanks! They are painless to install/play finally!

Also, how is Stonekeep? That is the game I want to buy next, but I have no real idea how good it is. Just looks cool.
    Last edited by gunsmoke; 19th Dec 2008 at 12:08.

I'm not as in love with the point-and-click golden days of LucasArts games as some are, but BASS is a great way to sample the gog.com service without buying anything. It even includes a few extras, such as a pretty cool looking wallpaper with the game logo.

Quote Originally Posted by gunsmoke View Post
    Wow thanks! They are painless to install/play finally!

Also, how is Stonekeep? That is the game I want to buy next, but I have no real idea how good it is. Just looks cool.
    It's okay, but really dated-looking. They used full-motion video for the enemies! Check out Youtube to see the game up and running. I had fun with it for a few days, but it made me itch for some good-old Ultima Underworld.

Has anyone tried GOG's version of Gothic? Are any of the bugs worked out? I remember I couldn't get the demo to play consistently on my old machine.

Downloadable games that work forever with no activation or DRM forthewin.

What was your problem w/Gothic? It runs, and has always run, for me on the last 5 PCs and 2 notebooks I have had w/zero problems.

The demo ran the first few times, and crashed thereafter. A few years later, I tried on a fresh install of XP, with the same results. I also recall some grousing about some other bugs the game may have had, again, this was a few years ago, so I'm not clear on it. I'm just wondering if anything well-known that was wrong with the game was ever resolved.

Quote Originally Posted by doctorfrog View Post
    Has anyone tried GOG's version of Gothic? Are any of the bugs worked out? I remember I couldn't get the demo to play consistently on my old machine.

Downloadable games that work forever with no activation or DRM forthewin.

Works just fine on my dual-core Vista rig. I'm hoping they get Gothic 2 next. That one I could never get to run under Vista.

is Best Pony
    JAGGED ALLIANCE 1

FUCK YEAH

is Best Pony
    Bloody hell, Robinson's Requiem!

When will they get The Last Express?

gog.com updated their account page. they now let you arrange your games on a virtual bookshelf !!! I already suggested to expand the feature by letting users choose the color of wood, different textures. PIMP MY GOG !!!!!

Taking a break
    Even better would be if you could take a pic of your basement and use it as a base.

ah, and I forgot. for everybody that bought BrokenSwordII, gog.com updated the installfiles on Jan 5th to include much better cutscene resolution, so re-download to get the 1A version.

Quote Originally Posted by Koki View Post
    Even better would be if you could take a pic of your mom's basement and use it as a base.
    Fixed. Because that's where all gaming geeks live. At least the emancipated ones.

Quote Originally Posted by Pidesco View Post
    Fixed. Because that's where all gaming geeks live. At least the emancipated ones.
    Unless emancipated means the exact opposite of what I've known it to mean for the past 30 years, that makes no sense whatsoever.

Page 7 of 76 FirstFirst ... 23456789101112172227323742475257 ... LastLast