TTLG|Thief|Bioshock|System Shock|Deus Ex|Mobile
Page 81 of 81 FirstFirst ... 313641465156616671767778798081
Results 2,001 to 2,008 of 2008

Thread: Good Old Games (gog.com)

I remember this game. Unfortunately, I also remember how frustrating it was. So many good ideas so poorly executed. Otherwise, this could've been an amazing immersive sim.

An amazing game which I'd recommend to anyone who wants a good horror experience.

However, I'd be a little hesitant. I have it on Steam and it has a lot of crippling bugs. The GOG release notes some bug fixes, but it's a little vague.

It says it fixed the game-breaking one with the beach, so that's good, but it also suffered from very annoying clipped audio, regular crashes unless you manually set it to one core, and another game-breaking bug where your movement speed got slower at higher resolutions and made the last level unwinnable.
    I'd love to know if those are also all fixed.

I only played it on Xbox, but I remember it being pretty awesome if a tad trial-and-error at times.

According to recent(ish) Steam reviews the game gets broken and practically unplayable after Chapter 3, "Attack of the Fishmen".

No, it just crashes a lot unless you set the affinity, has two game-breaking bugs on modern systems that you can bypass with a fan mod, and has that very annoying dialogue-clipping problem.
    I replayed the Steam version a few months ago.

Quote Originally Posted by Nameless Voice View Post
    No, it just crashes a lot unless you set the affinity, has two game-breaking bugs on modern systems that you can bypass with a fan mod, and has that very annoying dialogue-clipping problem.
    I replayed the Steam version a few months ago.
    That sounds "broken" to me!

Southquarter.com/fms
    Broken yes, unplayable no.

Awesome game btw, one of my all time faves. Had always hoped for a sequel. And I believe if you have a 360, the xbox version plays on it just fine.

Page 81 of 81 FirstFirst ... 313641465156616671767778798081