TTLG|Thief|Bioshock|System Shock|Deus Ex|Mobile
Page 9 of 81 FirstFirst ... 4567891011121314192429343944495459 ... LastLast

Thread: Good Old Games (gog.com)

and the crowd goes wild ! (well, at least ME)

This is a pretty big surprise for me, I thought with all the pinball and washed-out adventure games, the GOG well was beginning to run dry.

Anyone know what kind of guarantee GOG gives for whether games work on a given PC or not? I own Beyond Good and Evil already, but I would be willing to shell out a tenner for a version that will actually goddamn run on my PC.

is Best Pony
    THE PRODUCTS OR SERVICES OFFERED ON THE SITE ARE PROVIDED OR LICENSED “AS IS” WITH NO WARRANTIES WHATSOVEVER. ALL EXPRESS, IMPLIED, AND STATUTORY WARRANTIES, INCLUDING, WITHOUT LIMITATION, WARRANTIES OF MERCHANTABILITY, FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE, AND NON-INFRINGEMENT OF PRORIETARY RIGHTS, ARE EXPRESSLY DISCLAIMED TO THE FULLEST EXTENT PERMITTED BY LAW. TO THE FULLEST EXTENT PERMITTED BY LAW, GOG DISCLAIMS ANY WARRANTIES FOR SECURITY, RELIABILITY, TIMELINESS, AND PERFORMANCE OF THE PRODUCTS AND SERVICES OFFERED ON THE SERVICE. TO THE FULLEST EXTENT PERMITTED BY LAW, GOG DISCLAIMS ANY WARRANTIES FOR OTHER SERVICES OR GOODS RECEIVED THROUGH OR ADVERTISED ON THE SERVICE OR RECEIVED THROUGH ANY LINKS PROVIDED ON THE SERVICE, AS WELL AS FOR ANY INFORMATION OR ADVICE RECEIVED THROUGH THE SERVICE OR THROUGH ANY LINKS PROVIDED ON THE SERVICE. GOG SIMILARLY DISCLAIMS, TO THE FULLEST EXTENT PERMITTED BY LAW, ANY WARRANTIES FOR ANY INFORMATION OR ADVICE OBTAINED THROUGH THE SERVICE. YOU UNDERSTAND AND AGREE THAT ANY MATERIAL DOWNLOADED OR OTHERWISE OBTAINED THROUGHT THE USE OF THE PRODUCTS AND SERVICES OF THE SERVICE IS AT YOUR OWN DISCRETION AND RISK AND THAT YOU WILL BE SOLELY RESPONSIBLE FOR ANY DAMAGES TO OR CLAIMS IN RESPECT THEREOF, INCLUDING WITHOUT LIMITATION, YOUR COMPUTER SYSTEM OR LOSS OF DATA THAT RESULTS IN THE DOWNLOAD OF SUCH MATERIAL.

welp, there you go.

Chakat sex pillow
    What seems to be the issue with it, anyway? It runs on XP with nary a hitch in most places, except for the hovercraft and water bits.

My impulses got the best of me, and I just bought it with a promo code that was burning a hole in my pocket. I do have the CD version, which would install just fine but never run: it'd appear, then quietly disappear in the task manager.

Yeah, I've got no one to blame but myself if it doesn't work, but I'd have lost nothing more than a promo code in the process.

I wonder if the version on their site is 1.0, the broken patched version, or a newer patch that makes the patched version completable.

funny, any version of bgae ran on my pc without flaws. only back then when it was released the game was too laggy and demanding for my pc. but only a few crashes. even got the steam version during one of their sales and replayed it. well, i got this version now (and POP) only out of the principle of supporting GOG

Happy to say that GOG's version of BGnE works fine on my system now. Not quite as happy to admit that I already had too many games to play to begin with, now having one more

Ubisoft getting involved is FREAKING AWESOME news!

Go GOG!!

is Best Pony
    Quote Originally Posted by doctorfrog View Post
    Happy to say that GOG's version of BGnE works fine on my system now. Not quite as happy to admit that I already had too many games to play to begin with, now having one more
    Glad to hear it's working; it's a really lovely game.

Taking a break
    I just heard that GoG downloader uses Adobe AIR so I thought I'll drop by and laugh at you guys!

is Best Pony
    The completely optional downloader that I've never used, you mean?

Cuddly little misanthropic hate machine
    Hahahaha.

PC Gamering Smartey Man
    I <3 consoles and gamepads

Postal 1 + expansion is now on GOG, with Postal 2 Complete coming in a few weeks.

WTF is the big deal about Adobe Air?

PC Gamering Smartey Man

Quote Originally Posted by gunsmoke View Post
    WTF is the big deal about Adobe Air?
    No don't get either, it's a 3rd party development platform that's not married to any specific OS, thus making it automatically better than the likes of Microsoft .NET.

The new Java then! Can't wait

Uh

It's HTML, JavaScript, AJAX etc capable of being deployed on a desktop as well as online. It's not a bad idea.

So does anyone know which version of BG&E is on the site? I'm only asking because a DRM-free copy is tempting, but the patch adds a game breaking bug that I'd rather not have to deal with.

According to some it is unpatched.

I just bought the Freespace bundle during the last promo. That was so awesome, had a blast reliving the old days. Though the graphics are shit compared to current space games, the sense of immersion never gets old. Although there's no solid "space ship" HUD like Wing Commander, it's amazing how well a 1998 game can make you feel like you're part of the battle

PC Gamering Smartey Man

Quote Originally Posted by the_thiefster View Post
    Though the graphics are shit compared to current space games,
    FS2Open says hi.

Nah, too much trouble to set it up. I'm going to wait till I finish FS1 before I play FS2 on it

PC Gamering Smartey Man

FS1 is playable under FS2Open.

Page 9 of 81 FirstFirst ... 4567891011121314192429343944495459 ... LastLast