TTLG|Thief|Bioshock|System Shock|Deus Ex|Mobile
Page 1 of 9 123456 ... LastLast

Thread: T2FM "Evirath's Misery" (July 25, 2008)

T2FM "Evirath's Misery" (July 25, 2008)

This is my very first mission and I hope you like it

http://rapidshare.com/files/13235164...ryRev.zip.html

Alternative mirrors coming up soon.

Turcaill
    Last edited by Turcaill; 25th Jul 2008 at 08:59. Reason: changed downloadlink

Keeper of FMs

Last edited by pavlovscat; 25th Jul 2008 at 09:02. Reason: updated link

For anyone yet to play...

This is a very very pretty mission, very well laid out, loots of nooks and crannies, very good lighting, cool story, detail everywhere. I got goose-pimples straight from the off, I was stopping and looking around everywhere...the awesome beauty.. You taffer's are in for an tasty treat, its quality...

Miss Turcalli, very well done! - for a first mission this is incredibly, unbelievably stunning, the broken stonework in the streets is just....spot on...

biker
    Last edited by bikerdude; 24th Jul 2008 at 18:57.

Quote Originally Posted by Bikerdude View Post
    For anyone yet to play...

This is a very very pretty mission, very well laid out, loots of nooks and crannies, very good lighting, cool story, detail everywhere. I got goose-pimples straight from the off, I was stopping and looking around everywhere...the awesome beauty.. You taffer's are in for an tasty treat, its quality...

Miss Turcalli, very well done! - for a first mission this is incredibly, unbelievably stunning, the broken stonework in the streets is just....spot on...

biker
    You've got me convinced I'm going to love it before it even finishes!

BANNED
    OMG, sounds promising!
    Downloading now, thank you very much!

Last edited by Shadak; 25th Jul 2008 at 11:29.
    "For the Love of the Game"

What a fantastic mission!

My only gripe is that it ended! Thank you for this mission. Will there be more?

Edit: And your first mission - that is very impressive. I hope to see more from you in the future.

Clearinghouse
    Thanks, Turcaill Downloading now.

After playing this for a couple hours I can say it's a great and fun city mission, good job! Unfortunately for me, I got to a point where my quicksave won't load, it always gives me a CTD (crash to desktop). I think maybe it might have something to do with being on a lift at the time, not sure, but I'll just have to restart and enjoy the mission from the beginning!

Keeper of FMs

Shadak, are you on the lift in the sewer secret?

Nope! now I know to look for such a thing!

It's a lift in a manor, one with a big double doors entry near the water fountain.
    "For the Love of the Game"

A new FM, YES

Thanks very much.

Thanks Turcaill! From what i read it looks promising. I downloaded it but i will play it later and post some comments.

Last edited by SinisterShadow; 25th Jul 2008 at 14:43. Reason: Link updated

By the way - I never did find the sword. The one in the weapon shop would not come off the wall - and I've searched every house.. Am I just missing something obvious?

I'm having frame rate problems.

I've reloaded and restarted the mission as stated in the read me.
    However the mission starts at a normal frame rate, than slows down as one progresses in the game.

I've tried with EP on and off.

As a side note Winrar says some of the files in the zip is corrupt but darkloader doesn't complain. I've downloaded from two different mirrors but all the same.

Would have been great if I could have played this FM.

Quote Originally Posted by SneakyJack View Post
    By the way - I never did find the sword. The one in the weapon shop would not come off the wall - and I've searched every house.. Am I just missing something obvious?
    Sword

It's behind the bed (in the weapon shop, upstairs)

Thank you all for your positive critique, I'm really glad you like my little mission

@ cattamer: this also happened once while our tests and the only thing that seemed to work was delete the .zip and try a fresh download. I hope this will help you too.

Turcaill

Quote Originally Posted by cattamer View Post
    I'm having frame rate problems.
    Would have been great if I could have played this FM.
    I had the same thing recently - you can also try reinstalling Thief + assoc. scripts and then Darkloader.

biker

I don't think there is a problem with my installations as all other FMs and the original mission run without any problem. I think there is a conflict with a script that is installed necessary to run some FMs. I only need to find which one. But starting over for each one and play about half an hour is tedious work.

What happens is this: The mission starts normally. Than as you progress in the mission the frame rate starts to drop. Last time I tried reading the crumbled note dropped the frame rate slightly. Than after finding some secrets and entering the machine room lowered the framerate noticeably but it was still playable. But after climbing the ladder it became unplayable.

I downloaded from two different sources. It's the same file. -19.941.088 bytes.
    It's my habit to check every file I download so I tested this one in Winrar too.
    It gave crc errors for some files in the zip for both my downloads. I tried to post the winrar log here but the post length is not supported for this forum I think.

I hope you'll find a solution for this problem. As I said we had it once during betatesting but not with the released version and only one of four testers had this framerate-loss for any reason

Desperately dodgy geezer
    For what it's worth, my ZIP file also reports many corrupted files (several dozen) in WinRar, so I would advise you to repackage and upload again. The corrupted files were all over the place, from /snd to /intrface, and might cause unknown problems since they may not be extracted properly by DL/GL.

I played the mission for a while this morning and had a blast, btw. Look forward to finishing it later tonight!

we are working at this problem right now. I'm sorry i caused so many problems just by using a crappy program.
    I'll change the downloadlink(s) soon.

Turcaill

DONE, see my first post. Everything should work fine now! the .zip is now called miseryRev.zip
    Last edited by Turcaill; 25th Jul 2008 at 09:00.

Clearinghouse
    This is good solid mission, Turcaill Beautiful!

Quote Originally Posted by fibanocci View Post
    Sword

It's behind the bed (in the weapon shop, upstairs)
    Thank you!