TTLG|Thief|Bioshock|System Shock|Deus Ex|Mobile
Page 117 of 118 FirstFirst ... 1767727782879297102107112113114115116117118 LastLast
Results 2,901 to 2,925 of 2948

Thread: Current song you are listening to(or the Last song you listened to)

I'm torn. On the one hand Regina Spektor is a good musician and this was a more than decent cover.
    But did this song really need one? And a video with scenes from a cute but soon forgotten CGI film?
    I guess it won't hurt, but I hope the kids who like this will go after the roots and then also understand the creative distance between writing a song like that and doing a vaguely ethnically infused cover of it.

Agree. I don't quite understand the choice of the song in the first place (like because it's about a guitar ) The good point though is that more people might try and google the original. learn something and so on

The best thing Dr Dre ever recorded:

(Yeah, still going through every hiphop record ever, it's taking awhile)

I was about to say you've been on a hiphop kick for a while now already.
    Even bigger than deth's 80s synthpop kick a while back.

While I'm posting... Josh Turner has become my favorite YouTube artist of late.
    Pretty much everything he and his collaborators puts out is gold, like this little original they put out a few days ago.
    He's bringing back an older style of musicianship and I like it.

As far as recent tunes of theirs go, The Levee is really great.
    Last edited by demagogue; 16th Sep 2017 at 00:44.

The older I get, the more I realize there are massive areas of music I've never really listened to much. Like everyone else I was into the Beastie Boys and Public Enemy and Ice Cube and random old school hits but I never dove too deep into it. So now my after-work ritual is a bunch of Old Crow and a stack of old and new school hiphop and electro records.

I can't really handle this song, but I guess I want to share with other people its significance...

So Boom Boom Satellites is, for me, the best or anyway my favorite industrial/electronic band after NIN, and like it, one of the few that have been around and consistently great since the '90s.
    I like(d) all 3 members. The keyboardist, Masayuki Nakano, has a great electronica sensibility and can create the perfect sounds for hardcore industrial to EDM to acid jazz. Their drummer, Yoko Fukuda, is my favorite female drummer basically ever.
    And Michiyuki Kawashima was the vocalist, lead guitarist, and heart of the band.
    He got a brain tumor. It went into remission for a few years and everyone thought he'd dodged a bullet. Then it came back, and he died last year.
    The last song they recorded was a theme for the anime Kiznaiver called "Lay Your Hand On Me", six months before he passed.

I hadn't seen the video until now. It's literally Kawashima's daughter (confirmed by Nakano) happy as a clam, before anyone knew what was coming ... But the whole song is saying goodbye and in the end (in retrospect) she's letting go of him.
    It's a happy song, cool beat, but I wasn't prepared for it.
    It's skirting all the rational parts of my brain and giving me true feels I didn't expect.

Last edited by demagogue; 18th Sep 2017 at 08:17.

Might have been covered already but perhaps not on a barrel organ...

It's satisfying to watch the note sheet fold back so neatly.

I was amazed that some of the arrangement made it through the barrel, there were so many perforations. I wonder if he used a MIDI composer to design the sheets.

Interesting bit of trivia from Wiki. Punch cards were also used to store programs for the mechanical computers, invented by Charles Babbage. But rather than being a fan of Barrel Organs... "Charles Babbage was a particularly virulent enemy of the organ grinders. He would chase them around town, complain to authorities about their noisy presence, and forever ask the police to arrest them."

Charles Dickens hated them too. Maybe they just need to play more MJ.

Chakat sex pillow
    Quote Originally Posted by demagogue View Post
    I can't really handle this song, but I guess I want to share with other people its significance...
    That is indeed a joyous tune. The context makes it bittersweet, but that's what some of the truest art is. Thanks, dema.

Just sharing this here because it's new. I'm always reluctant to share my own crap, and I'm trying to stop being such.
    Hey, if you like Björk as much as I do, you might like it a little.

https://soundcloud.com/tabiji/hideit

It's finally time to unleash the best song on you all.

Quote Originally Posted by Beauty-Man View Post
    I'm always reluctant to share my own crap, and I'm trying to stop being such.
    It's not my thing, but it definitely sounds fine. Keep sharing stuff.

Level 10,000 achieved
    Oh god dammit. First Sharon Jones and now Charles Bradley? All my favourite soul singers are dropping like flies lately.

This is addictive:

For a moment I was wondering if those totalitarian fan drones were computer generated but thankfully the end of the video cleared that up.

This is a little too on the nose as far as being pure retro goes for my taste, but damn.

Administrator
    I survived about one and a half minutes of that. The Farfisa organ put me over the edge...

Still Subjective
    I don't get it. Is it a cover/mash-up? Reminds me of Seasons in the Abyss and the start track from Jesus Christ Superstar.

Level 10,000 achieved
    Well I like it.

In a similar vein (another instrumental funk band from Daptone Records):

Vulfpeck's new single. I'm liking Flapjack Stratton on the pancakes, and Antwaun is divine funk as always.

Level 10,000 achieved
    Smooooove! I ended up listening a lot to that last Vulfpeck track you posted, and I'm sure this'll get plenty of play as well.

I watched the first episode of that new Mike Judge show "Tales from the back of the tour bus". It was about Johnny Paycheck. I'd only heard his hit "Take this job and shove it" previously, but the show introduced me to a few other great tracks of his, like this one.

Oh, the memories...
    Watched these guys a lot when I lived in Dublin. Drank a lot, smoked a lot. I used to be pale and interesting, honest I was......

Page 117 of 118 FirstFirst ... 1767727782879297102107112113114115116117118 LastLast