TTLG|Thief|Bioshock|System Shock|Deus Ex|Mobile
Page 118 of 122 FirstFirst ... 1868737883889398103108113114115116117118119120121122 LastLast
Results 2,926 to 2,950 of 3026

Thread: Current song you are listening to(or the Last song you listened to)

Pretty sure they released a new album like a year ago.

Yep. Still around. I'm just a little nostalgic tonight.

I love this song. The first part is melancholic and matches my mood, then it gets exuberant.

Last edited by Harvester; 24th Oct 2017 at 18:00.

Southquarter.com/fms
    You know what's great? Sitting down and getting hammered and listening to old Rush. That may or may not be what I'm doing right now.

The singer is weird as a witch, but it goes together well.

I saw a docu recently about a guy who created new kinds of instruments. I wasn't exactly into the scrap metal stuff he worked with, but he made an interesting observation:
    In the beginning of rock'n'roll it was easier to experiment and impress with the sounds. Nowadays everyone knows what an electric guitar should sound like. Even if the opinions differ, they're settled nonetheless. With a completely new instrument you can experiment again, instead of trying to emulate a sound.
    I have no idea if that makes any sense to people who play. I'm bad with a triangle. But it sounds plausible.

Level 10,000 achieved

Here's a spooky jam!

I went through a lot of albums on my "album listening list" while playing Road Redemption last week. This was the tune that stood out, thanks to the super-catchy refrain.

verbose douchebag

They are Spanish, but singing in English.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fr_FNC8rlOI

They should have a native English speaker check their lyrics sometime. Many of those lines sound weird, even to me.

Mike Kennedy, a Berliner in Los Bravos and living in Spain. And here we never really cared about his accent and pronunciation even at that time, 1966.
    After all, he tried his best unlike Bale, Beckham, etc.
    And others tried their best like Cruyff, Schuster, McManaman, Wayne Brabender, Clifford Luyk,etc.
    Everybody sounds weird to me, even in my own country with dozens of different accents not to mention english, german people etc that after 20 or 30 years living here sound weird.
    Nice lecture here.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=q2jVA7PEr5k

Looking for the best dance tune centred around The Crumbles Murders? Well, look no further....

Level 10,000 achieved
    In the mood for some... SWEDISH HARCORE?

This song with it's dumb, sing-along-friendly lyrics is one of my 2017 faves.

Administrator
    My Swedish hardcore requirements are usually handled by Meshuggah. I can't listen to that yet so can't make a comparison...

Eh up! I bet they come from Macclesfield.....

Level 10,000 achieved
    BADDD

BADDD

BADDD

BAD-A-BAD-BAD BOMBACLOT BAD

BOGG!

Administrator
    Quote Originally Posted by henke View Post
    In the mood for some... SWEDISH HARCORE?

This song with it's dumb, sing-along-friendly lyrics is one of my 2017 faves.
    This isn't hardcore! The lyrics have a melody. It's heavy though, but reminiscent of 70s English bands?

It's probably too heavy for most people but Meshuggah's unusual rhythms are like nothing else I've heard when browsing around metal bands, most of which I find boring. Thomas Haake is also one of the drummers I admire. I don't know how he can play these rhythms.

Seconding Meshuggah -- although I'm not always in the mood: it can get pretty intense after an hour or so, but that's also what I like most about them; I very seldomly get bored while listening.

At the moment I'm rediscovering Venetian Snares (another one I'm not easily bored by) and have missed his crazier stuff. He does cut-up jungle/breakcore/horrorcore/etc, but also more ambient tracks. I never know which track to choose, though: should I choose something typical or something that might make people want to listen to him more? His "Hungarian" album might be the easiest to start with if you're not used to his style, like the track Hajnal or Szamar madar.

You could also start with a more ambient synthesizer track like Magnificent Stumble V2:

...and just because VS apparently sampled a thing by Edward Elgar, I have to listen to that as well:

...and on the theme of music not to get bored by: Pen Expers by Autechre:
    Last edited by qolelis; 16th Nov 2017 at 03:53.

Administrator
    Someone else on TTLG does like Meshuggah then. They are certainly not for everyone. I can't listen to them for too long although Catch 33 has enough variety to give you a break for a few minutes.

I haven't got very far with Venetian Snares. I am more likely to listen to late 90s Squarepusher. I haven't been able to get through all the albums yet. The trouble with complex music is that I find it hard to have as a background. It'll distract me while working.

Quote Originally Posted by scumble View Post
    Someone else on TTLG does like Meshuggah then.
    Yeah, I got into them some time in '99 or 2000. There was this second-hand music store I often visited in search for music I hadn't heard before and I think that's where I found Chaosphere, had a listen and was instantly hooked.

They are certainly not for everyone. I can't listen to them for too long although Catch 33 has enough variety to give you a break for a few minutes.
    I mostly listen to them (or similar stuff) when doing something that isn't intellectually demanding (or when I don't have to really focus on what I am doing), like cooking, baking, taking a break with a crossword, or what have you.

I haven't got very far with Venetian Snares. I am more likely to listen to late 90s Squarepusher. I haven't been able to get through all the albums yet. The trouble with complex music is that I find it hard to have as a background. It'll distract me while working.
    I used to listen a bit to Squarepusher in my younger days, but haven't in a long while. I remember he wasn't really my thing (not as much as for example Aphex Twin), although better than a lot of other stuff we were fed back then.

Most days, nowadays, I start with earplugs while working. Then towards the afternoon or evening I take them out and put something on. I tend to be the most sensitive to (complex) sound at the start of the day. Some days, though, I start with an impulse to go through all sorts, jumping from one thing to another -- like today.

More ambient music to work by -- without going too mainstream -- might be Lorn or Kammarheit. Some days I prefer simple, more popular, non-demanding house stuff like Boratto (an old favourite is his Chromophobia album) or just anything I happen to find on Youtube. I don't care so much about genres; if I like it, I like it.

https://marthadiy.bandcamp.com/track...in-the-hallway

I know you’re in detention. But I promise that I’m worthy of your attention after school.

I missed their live show early this year, but I hope to catch up on them soon.

I think I came across one of their earlier tracks when I was staying up late just before Christmas two years ago. I'm a big stickler for traditional Czech dishes, so I was cleaning and gutting a big 4kg carp that night, and as always made creamy fish soup from the head, trimmed meat and miscellaneous guts. It's a lenghty process, so I stayed up until about 4am. I had Brian Jonestown Massacre playing on YouTube and then it went in a random direction which led me towards The Underground Youth (Sadovaya, I think), A Journey Into Abstract Hip-Hop by Gasoline and a few other albums that got me hooked on more blues-y stuff.

My ongoing obsession with Mark Lanegan Band is still going strong. I saw them perform live less than three weeks ago. Like a giddy fanboy, I bought a poster and got it signed along with my only other physical medium related to Mark, a '92 Screaming Trees CD that I got from a flea market somewhere around the upper end of Bowery in '02.

Anyway, that's a long and disjointed tangent. Here's the song:
    I'm so dumb I wouldn't find my ass even if I Googled "my ass".

Don't you try to distract my thoughts from dinner.

Page 118 of 122 FirstFirst ... 1868737883889398103108113114115116117118119120121122 LastLast