TTLG|Thief|Bioshock|System Shock|Deus Ex|Mobile
Page 5 of 40 FirstFirst 123456789101520253035 ... LastLast

Thread: COSAS 2 Mission X - Available Now ... 8-15-08

Oh my... this gives a whole new meaning to ghosting.

Quote Originally Posted by jtr7 View Post
    Odd. Try flipping the power off and on rapidly. Then tell us what happens.

An alarm is triggered.
    Been there, done that.

jtr7
    Dang. Restart? Also is the alarm only going off after you mess with the power/fusebox, or is it happening anyway?

Do you have a hard save from earlier? It's possibly a thief bug when the guard is told to go to the switch, then flip it, but since he can't go the switch, he flips it straight away.

Leaving the guards conscious should delay matters. Though, this is definitely a serious bug, and its presence has been noted.

To those who are reading this thread and are a little put off by all the bugs so soon: -

By now there have most likely been thousands of downloads (though I don't have access to the exact stats, due to distributed servers and bittorrent).

Having so few people find bugs is actually a good thing... I know it looks like a lot, but with thousands of people playing it, it's quite small.

Clearinghouse
    I would recommend using many save slots.

Quote Originally Posted by Yametha View Post
    Do you have a hard save from earlier? It's possibly a thief bug when the guard is told to go to the switch, then flip it, but since he can't go the switch, he flips it straight away.

Leaving the guards conscious should delay matters. Though, this is definitely a serious bug, and its presence has been noted.
    I really believe this may be a bug that I've somehow triggered, as i can stand right in front of the switch (second from the left, as told by rubber) and flip it on - no guards come into the room - but literally about a second and a half later the switch flips itself back on. I've tried dashing to get to the fuse box, but as soon as I turn around the switch is back on. Its very strange.. and I think I'll wait until its noted whether or not its just me having the problem before I dismiss the mission. It may have been something I've done somehow.

At any rate, this mission is absolutely stunning to look at and really fun to play - so I hope any issues are worked out soon

Note: I restarted Thief and reloaded from a save from before I got my mission gear. This time I am further along and the operatives seem to be doing their duties:

spoiler:
    Steele finished the elevator and left his gear. The woman is coming in from the roof. I finished my job and am exploring/doing optional quests

Anyway, it might be the case that simply restarting Thief (not necessarily the entire mission) may be enough to get the agent "scripts" running again.

Quote Originally Posted by Yametha View Post
    To those who are reading this thread and are a little put off by all the bugs so soon
    No worries mate! For a mission this complex it would be a miracle to catch every last thing during testing. We're patient! *Plus, we get this awesome mission to play around with while we wait for fixes. *

The exploration took all day, but I left almost no stone unturned. Still have a couple of rooms I can't access. Perhaps I'll puzzle them out later.

This mission was a wonderful experience. My compliments to all involved in its creation.

Quote Originally Posted by elkston View Post
    Anyway, it might be the case that simply restarting Thief (not necessarily the entire mission) may be enough to get the agent "scripts" running again.
    The current thinking is that the masks glitch and somehow don't realise that what they've had to say is over, and it's time to continue. So it's eternally waiting for the previous mask to signal that it's complete.

If you were to reload before the mask glitched, it probably wouldn't happen a second time. So everyone, make lots of hard saves, it may help you in future. It also gives you more chances to explore alternative paths, should you so choose. Remember, there are three alternate endings!

OMFG - I love the drunk on the second floor! Taffing hilarious!

I'm having a little bit of trouble.

The code to disabling the camera system. I know it has a 3 and a 7. I've tried many combos, but I can't seem to find the right one. I feel so stupid right now.

On another note, I really like the items. And the sky. When I first started, I just stood there and stared at the sky.

jtr7
    Did you dustbomb the keypad? You should see you only have 4 choices if you know the first two numbers are a 3 and a 7.

I know what you mean about just looking at things, standing and staring. I killed a lot of game time doing that!

Quote Originally Posted by Syltae View Post
    I'm having a little bit of trouble.

The code to disabling the camera system. I know it has a 3 and a 7. I've tried many combos, but I can't seem to find the right one. I feel so stupid right now.

On another note, I really like the items. And the sky. When I first started, I just stood there and stared at the sky.
    If you use the dust bomb you should be able to read the code

spoiler alarm if you give upthe code is 3760

Now I have played on both tasks and expert and professional but I see that I am not a proff. because I can´t seem to find how to get in the monarch room, the captain of the guards and the ambassadors suit. What am I missing???

I did use the dustbomb, but I didn't see that there was a zero in it! So that's what was screwing me up. Ha ha! Thank you both so much for the help. Now I feel completely stupid for missing that.

...I'll just go back to staring at things inside the Ivory Rose now.

jtr7
    Whew!

Quote Originally Posted by Syltae View Post
    That's the idea, lol!
    One time, when I was testing the material properties of all the objects, I just stopped in the Ambassadors Suite and stood around for five minutes drinking in the atmosphere! That was before the sky was in...

The Code - A Series of Hints

There are four digits in the combination, and four different buttons have been pressed, therefore no digit is repeated twice.

There are a limited number of permutations of those digits. Try getting a piece of paper, jotting them down, then systematically trying each one.

If you can't be bothered doing that, here is a list: -

If you still can't be bothered, it's 3760.

What a beautiful, beautiful, technical tour de force Mission X is.

I can't really play it though because it forces you to play GHOST.

Unless I am SUPPOSED to have the SAP when I pick up my gear from the toilets ?

And where are the lockpicks ?

[QUOTE=Yametha;1757672]That's the idea, lol!
    One time, when I was testing the material properties of all the objects, I just stopped in the Ambassadors Suite and stood around for five minutes drinking in the atmosphere!

Ok I want to do that too but can´t get in, help please

Made me chuckle when you poking the guards,serverts and nobles with the dagger and even when KOed on the ground

I've just loaded this up and wanted to say WOW!

This mission marks another milestone in FM history. The graphics are superb and the comm system and 'pick your objective in real time' is definitely something that's never been done before. I think that the 'impossible' difficulty could be considered an 'realistic' difficulty. Dante is supposely an elite agent of this top criminal organisation, so he should be able to use his own initiative and intelligence to achieve his objectives, with little support.

I just want to say THANK YOU! to Team CoSaS for bringing us this.

malau, I am also looking for the blackjack and lockpicks, but I assume the answer is in the manual, which I am downloading now.

jtr7
    malau:

Did you pick up the bag of gear off the floor in the restroom stall after you got the mask?

Awesome

I actually lol'd at the convo when I put a certain key into a certain someone's purse.

I was wondering if you can acually see your teammates while you wander around the place. I would have totally screwed over Steel over when he was caught by the cameras and randomly pushing the buttons XD

I'm only stuck on where to find the important documents...I've only found 3 copy things, and copied 2, letter to mistress and some accounting stuff. where is missing last one?

And uhh...ps....I loved poking at guards, but I hardly did any damage with the dagger...5 hp isn't helping when they can potentially kill you in 1 hit

Page 5 of 40 FirstFirst 123456789101520253035 ... LastLast