TTLG|Thief|Bioshock|System Shock|Deus Ex|Mobile
Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: Thief 3 Missions: Avoiding Mistrust 1.1.1 and Lord Raven's Mansion 1.2.2

Thief 3 Missions: Avoiding Mistrust 1.1.1 and Lord Raven's Mansion 1.2.2

Greetings to all!

I bring you 2 FM's today: One is a brand new mission called Avoiding Mistrust.

Avoiding Mistrust

After Garrett's run in with Lord Raven in the first mission. His fence has received information that a gathering has been organized at the City Watch's Captain's newly constructed mansion. They plan to discuss important, yet secretive, issues. Garrett doesn't like this so it's time to break in there and find out whats going on.

Updated to 1.1.1 on September 5th 2008.

Fixed a Bracelet in Asceline Burguet's room being sometimes broken and unfrobbable.
    Fixed the position of a book in Asceline Burguet's room hovering in midair.
    Added German Translation - Thank you Beleg Cuthalion.
    Added Italian Translation - Thank you Krenim.

More pictures can be found at This Location
    Avoiding Mistrust 1.1.1 - Download Link

Lord Raven's Mansion

This mission was released back in 2005. It was liked by many but I personally felt that I rushed it. It had many mistakes and performance was poor.
    So, I found that I had some free time after passing my A Levels in the holidays this year and decided to go back and to improve the maps appearence, quests and performance.
    What has been changed is located in the ZIPs readme.

Updated to 1.2.2 on September 5th 2008.

German Translation Added thanks to Beleg Cúthalion.
    Italian Translation Added thanks to Krenim.

More pictures can be found at This Location
    Lord Raven's Mansion Version 1.2.2 Download Link

The small print!
    Only 2 bugs are present in both these missions even though I PRECISELY followed and re-followed Komag's tutorials to the letter!

Saving on Normal Difficulty ONLY crashes Thief 3. Why Normal only, I'm not sure. I've been wrestling with this problem for months to no success.

Proceeding with the game after both missions debriefings crash Thief 3. This isn't really a bad thing as most people would Exit Thief 3 anyway at the end of the mission but I thought I would mention it.

Are the 2 bugs linked together? possibly. Until I learn more about how T3Ed works or I can get in contact with an Ion Storm programmer and annoy him to death with PMs, these problems will go unfixed. Hopefully that it won't deter you from giving the missions a try.

I hope you have as much fun playing them as I did making them.

Enjoy!
    Last edited by DarkDragon; 6th Sep 2008 at 01:43.

Delicious! Downloading now ...

Congratulations on you release! These missions look great

I may just have to reinstall Deadly Shadows and give them a shot

The Architect
    Shrink your images and repost. 800 px is the max width we allow.

Southquarter.com/fms
    Couple of mirrors here:

Avoiding Mistrust (Southquarter)
    Lord Raven's Mansion (1.2) (Southquarter)

Clearinghouse
    Thanks!

Keeper of FMs

Mirrors here:
    Lord Raven's Mansion v1.2.2
    Avoiding Mistrust v1.1

I liked the first release of Lord Raven's Mansion. I'm looking forward to playing the upgraded version & the sequel!! Thanks.
    Last edited by pavlovscat; 22nd Aug 2008 at 12:39. Reason: updated link

Keys don't work in Lord Raven's Mansion. I have the first and second floor keys, but they don't open anything on the first or second floors, so I'm trapped. Makes for an unplayable mission.

Ah, work for me. I'll have a look at these this evening hopefully.

Keys do work, you have to select them from inventory, press use and then frob the door open.

Excellent mission. Architecture could be more detailed, especially outside area, still a very good fm. And it's huge, not by tds standards, but thief2 fm sizes. There are lots of multiple paths, which is a good thing.

I finished all objectives except for golden eagle. Where is it?

There's also a bug with loot count, I've much more than 100%.

Good work, I enjoyed it overall.

Nobody noticing something extraordinary here ?

Ropearrows in Thief 3 !!

Quote Originally Posted by Flux View Post
    There's also a bug with loot count, I've much more than 100%.
    Pants! you're right.

Seems that Thief 3 has a 10,000 limit on loot per level as i've just checked the script for loot totals and it's set to 14,000. Didn't notice that.
    I'll have to go back and change some loot figures for 1.1 and bring it down to 10,000.

Quote Originally Posted by Outlooker
    Ropearrows in Thief 3 !!
    Correct! Unfortunately the limits of Thief 3 are felt because I think you can only climb the arrow whilst facing East or West. I was in two minds about having them in to be honest. They are a bit broken but they function and that's the main thing.
    Last edited by DarkDragon; 17th Aug 2008 at 11:45.

If you managed to get ropearrows even semi working in thief 3, I am definately re-installing and trying out these missions!

Thank you DarkDragon for this excellent mansion mission. The multible choices of how to get in to the mansion is superb, I tryed all of them for fun It was a joy to sneak through it. There aren´t many t3 fm makers out there so Keep up the good work.

Keys do work, you have to select them from inventory, press use and then frob the door open.
    I'm just playing the first mission – I found some half-translated files here, so maybe I had been stuck at the very same point months ago and thus did not finish translating it – and I cannot reach the floor at the top of the stairs. I think at least one of the two keys I'm carrying should work (1st & 2nd floor), but they don't.

@DarkDragon, just in case there will be further versions, I'd like to send you the German texts for all the readables and objectives. I guess the Russians would like to do so as well.

The odd rope arrows are nothing new, they were hacked in years ago, showed off in Krellek's Labyrinth. Still, it's very cool to have them even if they don't work as naturally as one would like
    "For the Love of the Game"

Gone, but never forgotten
    I pass by an automatic translator

I cannot play with 2 fms because as soon as I save, I return on the desk.

It does not make it with Lord Raven 1.1 ???

Not any of the other fms of Thief 3, the version is 1.1

As he said...
    Quote Originally Posted by DarkDragon
    Saving on Normal Difficulty ONLY crashes Thief 3. Why Normal only, I'm not sure. I've been wrestling with this problem for months to no success.

Proceeding with the game after both missions debriefings crash Thief 3. This isn't really a bad thing as most people would Exit Thief 3 anyway at the end of the mission but I thought I would mention it.
    I won't put it into an online translator for French, I hope you get it anyway.

I know how to use the keys, and they do not work in Lord Raven's Mansion.

They work just fine in Avoiding Mistrust though.

Updates!

Right! Thanks for the responses everyone .

AM has been updated to 1.1
    Fixes are at the top of the page.

LRM should be fixed in a short while. These things happen I'm afraid.
    @Beleg Cúthalion
    Translations are welcome at anytime by anyone You can PM me with the files/instructions and other things and I will add them to the ZIP file and give credit.

Not sure how to translate the objectives though. And I guess I'd have to take other people's word that they work properly.
    Last edited by DarkDragon; 17th Aug 2008 at 17:09.

Gone, but never forgotten
    Quote Originally Posted by Beleg Cúthalion View Post
    As he said...I won't put it into an online translator for French, I hope you get it anyway.
    Thank you Beleg Cúthalion

Everything is well if I do not play in normal

Well, apparently CaptSyn has the same issue that I'm having.

Translations for LRM are done, I just need to proof-read them which is always better in the game. However, if I cannot play it through, that's a little tricky. Anyway, I'll start with the other one as soon as I can. By the way, the objectives work just like the other readables, but they are in the sounds\...\... folder. Likewise you can simply replace them with my updated files (which have tags for the other languages so people can at least see the English goals).

Right!

The keys should now be working for 1.2.1! I tested this with no problems on my end.. if it's still dodgy, please let me know and i'll take another look at it.

Could the mirrors update to the new version 1.2.1 for the Lord Raven mission. Thanks.

Keeper of FMs