TTLG|Thief|Bioshock|System Shock|Deus Ex|Mobile
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: So I made this... (added another song here)

So I made this... (added another song here)

I was browsing through the Thief 2 RES folder, through the sounds, while I stumbled on the little tune that plays when you are at the docks stealing from a musicians warehouse.

I decided to make a... remix of it. mechanist drum n base? could be.

http://www.newgrounds.com/audio/listen/165898

enjoy (or hate.... whatever)

EDIT:

A new song, though not edm, more chilly: http://www.newgrounds.com/audio/listen/167143 called Child Of Endeavour. you'll know why
    Last edited by Xenith; 22nd Aug 2008 at 14:38.

I like it Xenith.

The compression was way too aggressive, but you've got a great ear for blending sounds.

Nice.

I love it.

What software did you use to make this?

jtr7
    Heh. Fun!

By the way, the real Thomas M. Blackheart, a playtester for TMA, really did compose the piece made for the game.

the real Thomas M. Blackheart, a playtester for TMA, really did compose the piece made for the game.
    I learn more things about this game every day.

What software did you use to make this?
    I used Reason (ver 3.0.4).

WOW!! I'm loving it! Great stuff Xenith! Very well executed indeed. Thanks so much for sharing with us.

One question: how can I download this?

Thanks again!

Quote Originally Posted by Dia View Post
    WOW!! I'm loving it! Great stuff Xenith! Very well executed indeed. Thanks so much for sharing with us.

One question: how can I download this?

Thanks again!

I think you can download it by clicking on the small black and yellow floppy disk in the "'Licensing Terms'-square".

It's very good!
    But I've never heard that in the game.

EDIT: Found the orginal in SND.crf

The start reminds me of the music from Tyrian.

Thanks 74. I'll give it a try.

Edit: It's working. Thanks again!

yes to download it you click on that square with a floppy disk on it.

I'm really glad you like it.

I was thinking on making a mix using Karras' robots voices. it would take a bit of editing though, but I can already hear the one saying "When I was young, Karras took me to the mother foundry and said, thou art the child of my endeavours, come with me and I shall enherit the Earth".
    Last edited by Xenith; 17th Aug 2008 at 12:17.

Well you made it even worse then it was, but it was interesting anyway. I HATE techno mindless music. I think hearing to Thief Gold zombies would be alot more enjoyable

but midndless techno music is what the Servants listen to all the time

Keeper of FMs

I always loved Blackheart's little tune and wanted to hear more of it. This definitely goes on my mp3 player!!

Quote Originally Posted by Xenith View Post
    I used Reason (ver 3.0.4).
    I never liked Reason until I learnt how to program synths properly from the ground up.

Recently I had a go on version 4. The sequencer is spankingly good now.

That sounds awesome! Very nice work young Eric Brosius!

I would invite you too check some of my other stuff on that site, but it's not thief related. still, if you're interested.

Excellent work!

(By the way are there any other good remixes out there? Just asking because there's no Thief remixes in OCRemix, this song would probably fit right in there too...)

By the way are there any other good remixes out there? Just asking because there's no Thief remixes in OCRemix, this song would probably fit right in there too...
    I don't really know. I haven't listened to almost any stuff from the circle and other sources of thiefnes.. no ideea.

Xenith, I just listened to most of your music on Newgrounds.

I'm not really a drum and bass fan, but I can hear your enjoyment in every track.

I don't particularly like a lot of the melodies, but that's just personal preference. The composition is excellent, and you clearly have a feel for layering complimentary sounds (as I said before).

Your drum programming is tight but is getting overpowered by the synths and doesn't quite fit in. Your hats and snares feel too dull. The drums just seem a little disconnected from the mix, considering how much prescence you give the other elements.

I hope this helps.

I'm quite a fan of Smile Of The Decayed. You've got some lovely subtle quirks to it. I like all of your music overall though.

thank you for the feedback. really, it's so hard getting feedback these days sometimes I just feel like quiting. thanks for all the info, really helpfull.

Wow, great piece, Xenith! How long did it take you to make this?

about two hours I think. I'm pretty fast when I know from the begining how the song should end up. in other cases I stay for a week and not get any ideas.

Quote Originally Posted by Xenith View Post
    thank you for the feedback. really, it's so hard getting feedback these days sometimes I just feel like quiting. thanks for all the info, really helpfull.
    No worries. I know what it's like sometimes. It's worse with friends because they'll usually just compliment you without giving any constructive criticism, as if it were a faux pas.

I've heard that http://www.dogsonacid.com/ is good for feedback online when it comes to drum and bass.

Oh yeah, make more music. The amount of times I've given up and then months later can't resist and come crawling back is unreal.

Wow. That's just awesome.

Rockin', yo! I enjoyed it immensely =D