TTLG|Thief|Bioshock|System Shock|Deus Ex|Mobile
Page 6 of 16 FirstFirst ... 234567891011 ... LastLast

Thread: Pirates ahoy! 08/17/2008

Just out of curiousity, in the first mission, can anything be done with the duck?

He he he... this:

Last edited by Greenhorn; 20th Aug 2008 at 14:34.

Quote Originally Posted by Christine View Post
    @ Gillie - there is a guy walking around in the city, he has the key. If you can't find him, wait for him near the flowershop.
    Quote Originally Posted by BrokenArts View Post
    Gillie There is a key, I'll be damned if I can remember who had it. So many keys in this mission, hard to remember who had what. Take the love letters and the hair to the graveyard, once you have the key. You should figure it out from there.
    Thank you Both. How I missed that I do not know! I not looked close enough. Beautiful mission. I figured what to do after that.
    When I got
    In the graveyard is he saying something? I did not understand what

Still 490 short that is too much, another search as I missed a lot here.

@Greenhorn I am going to go do that.

Loved this missions sequence

Many thanks to Christine and Greenhorn for bringing to us a great mission ...the first mission was definetly my favourite, a gorgeous town , loved those new objects, the textures are very familiar to me since i worked with them on my last fm , there youŽll find many more new textures ... the islands were also enjoyable and cute...ahhh but the town is what i really most loved...congrats on you both for this wonderfull mission.
    iŽm looking foward for more

Pedro Quintela

I have completed nearly all the objectives, but i have not find the ghost ship, help me please.

My congratulations and thanks to both Christine and Greenhorn for producing this stunning campaign! The first mission was my favourite because of the bonus objectives you could complete but the other 3 had such fantastic settings and new creatures and A that they were amazing! I will be unlikely to play those 3 again simply because of those dratted snakes! They are much too realistic and I HATE those critters. I will, however, be replaying the first mission on the other two difficulty settings.

Finished it and enjoyed it a lot, thanks Christine and Greenhorn!

I have two complaints though:

The collision-detection with the snakes was way off, it made it quite frustrating.

I was expecting the treasure to be a significant amount. All those crates full of gold coins and those golden pots and whatnot were barely worth 2000, which is even less than what Garrett stole in the first mission. If you want the story to be believable, the "Great Treasure" should be worth much more than a few household items that Garrett can usually collect. Something worth tens of thousands maybe?

What haplo said about the loot in the final mission mirrored my thoughts - and the final mission on the whole seemed a bit lacklustre after the visual feast of the first one...

But that said I enjoyed this mini-campaign immensely. I liked the increased use of 'nuisance' wildlife. The flying bugs that spawned swarms threw me for a loop at first, as did the snakes. Had my gamma so low I didn't even see either until they were hitting me... ended up playing at a much higher brightness than I normally would because they were for all intents and purposes invisible.

But, excellent little campaign - but then, could we expect less with Christine on the case?

Recipe

Where is the Butcher's "special" recipe? I found the loot in the hidden attic, and I noticed there was something behind the two crates as well, but when I clicked on it, it went into my inventory as loot.

Clearinghouse
    Beautiful pack! Fantastic missions, great graphics and atmosphere!
    Thanks for missions, Christine and thanks for new cool objects, Greenhorn

@oneof4: Looks like you got it.

There were several other items (such as the ducks) that looked as if part of a special objective, but instead were just great decoration. I wondered for a while if there was anything special to do with the captain's daughter, but I guess not in that mission?

The snakes and crabs had me doing a silly diagonal run-hop all over the place.

Great campaign, Cap'n Christine! Yarrr!

Fine mission

I have completed. Fine mission.
    Thank's Christine!

On the snakes in mission 3.....
    They were one of the things I liked best. Every day I walk my dogs in bushland and here in Australia, snake season is September to March. You need to be aware, keep your eyes peeled looking for signs of movement.

Christine's snakes were the same. Find a safe, preferably high spot, and scan for movement. Then I did something I never do in real life; make enought movement for the snake to start heading towards me and pick them off with a single arrow.Great fun.

Wonderful mission pack, I love Christine's work!
    But why is it whenever you pick up a fish, it's listed in your inventory as 'sushi'? And not only in this mission pack, in every other Christine's mission as well!

You can answer to this my question?

I have completed nearly all the objectives, but i have not find the ghost ship, help me please.

In which mission are you? The ghost ship is only in mission 3. make your way through the caves.

What does your objectives say?
    Last edited by Christine; 21st Aug 2008 at 07:12.

Ah, i am in the second mission and must complete this objective that speaks about the ghost ship and of a key that I do not have:

"Look like you will first have to find this ghost ship to get the key.When you are done here, search search for a sail boat, so you can begin your quest."

Go through the pirates caves until you reach the beach. The sail boat is here: http://www.zinkchristine.de/piraten031.html . As soon as you are near it, the mission will end

Ok thanky you Christine, i have found the way and now they are in mission 3.

Piranhas

It seems so far nobody had any probs in trying to cross the lake in the trasure island where all those piranha patrol and your only chance is to swim in there..... I keep getting killed.........

OK, as always when I post a question, I found the way. Finished this outstanding mission.
    Thank you somuch again Christine, for all your hard work and the incredibly detailed and truly awesome missions your create!
    Last edited by maga; 21st Aug 2008 at 08:42.

I have ended the FM, optimal mission, compliment the Christine author.

I've been out of the FM scene for a while, so I admit that I had not played any of Christine's levels before. When I heard the news about the new COSAS level coming out, it got me ready to jump back in for a while. So 2 nights ago I started playing Gathering at the Inn.... However I got frustrated, didn't really enjoy it, and decided to stop playing.

However, still being in a Thiefy mood I went back on TTLG in search of something good to play, and stumbled across this, Pirates Ahoy. Loaded it up last night and suffice to say I am very impressed with the quality here. As someone said on the first page, the texture work is amazing. There's so much atmosphere and attention to detail here. I'm about 45 minutes into level 1 and I am loving every minute... What a fantastic world to explore. I love levels like this, and this one seems to be well thought out, well constructed, beautifully designed, and just plain fun. Can't wait to get home from work so I can play it some more!!

You should play some of her others missions! Thief has come a long way the past few years. Lots of GOOD changes. Glad to see you are playing again. This mission pack was a joy to play. I'll play it again for sure!

Thank you, I'm so glad that you like it

After such a long time away from thief, I was so out of form and very unsure about if this campaign will someone like....

Quote Originally Posted by BrokenArts View Post
    You should play some of her others missions! Thief has come a long way the past few years. Lots of GOOD changes. Glad to see you are playing again. This mission pack was a joy to play. I'll play it again for sure!
    Yeah the last thing I really played was the first half of Thief2x when it came out. Before that the last thing I played was Ominous Bequest, when it came out... So it's been a while.

When I finish Pirates I'll look into some of Christine's other levels

Page 6 of 16 FirstFirst ... 234567891011 ... LastLast