TTLG|Thief|Bioshock|System Shock|Deus Ex|Mobile
Page 7 of 16 FirstFirst ... 23456789101112 ... LastLast

Thread: Pirates ahoy! 08/17/2008

Quote Originally Posted by Christine View Post
    After such a long time away from thief, I was so out of form and very unsure about if this campaign will someone like....
    I think its safe to say that you've got such a winning gameplay formula at this point that anything you release that has your touch is going to be a hit.

You've obviously got alot of fans just judging by my enjoyment of your missions and the comments in this thread

I hope this isnt the last we see from you!

I have played this campaign and loved every minute of it. I sure hope there is more coming.

The only problem I had was that in every mission except the first, the levels would slow down at different points. The movement would get messed up, and I almost got killed cause it happened during a fight once..lol. Not a big deal but it was a bother sometimes.

But again the campaign was excellent and I can not wait for more. Thanks a million Christine.

Sting

Thank you. I'm sorry, I can't help you with slowdowns, I never had any while testing it. (But my computer is old, I don't have any upgrades installed).

I have no plans for Thief at the moment. To be honest, I'm back to ShockEd and currently working on an update for Ponterbee Station. (don't kill me... )

I enjoyed your System Shock 2 campaign and look forward to more of those as well.

Sting

christine's missions are to good for me haha

Quote Originally Posted by SneakyJack View Post
    Total Time: 1 hour 20 minutes (mission 1 only, I explored all I could and took my time!)
    I must be a slowpoke... Because I am almost 2 hours into the first mission and it looks like I'm only about halfway through.

Loving it though!!!!

Mission 1: Cast Off

I can't find the blackjack alternative. There was mention in this thread that it was in the Greengrocer's place, on the kitchen tabletop. So I assume that was referencing the soup ladle. But it doesn't frob. Am I in the wrong building?

what difficulty you are playing? The blackjack replacement in the first mission is different.

Lubber: the soup spoon in the house of the greengrocer

Jack Tar: the rolling pin in the bakery

Pirate: the pan in the kitchen of the Cafè

I guess, you are not playing on lubber

Quote Originally Posted by io organic industrialism View Post
    I must be a slowpoke... Because I am almost 2 hours into the first mission and it looks like I'm only about halfway through.

Loving it though!!!!
    My time went well over two hours after I figured out that there were even more secret objectives I had missed at the time I posted that. I even found a few areas that I had missed before (be sure to check around those corners!)

The first mission in this campaign is hands down my favorite city mission.

I even managed 40 knockouts by taking my time, and I think thats a personal best! The shadow placement in this mission is just so well done that its amazing.

Just getting into the first mission and loving it of course. Beautiful work Christine and Greenhorn! It exceeds expectations which were already pretty damn high! But it occured to me while playing that only in Thief would you go roaming around a fully staffed police station armed only with a soup spoon/rolling pin/pan!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Tannar View Post
    But it occured to me while playing that only in Thief would you go roaming around a fully staffed police station armed only with a soup spoon/rolling pin/pan!!!
    I would allways go to the weapon dealer first

Actually I've already been to the weapons dealer, lol, but it is just this kind of thing that I love most about Thief, and especially the FM's. You can get into situations which would never occur in any other game! This is one of the true joys of this game. Congrats on another stunning mission and thank you!

Quote Originally Posted by Christine View Post
    what difficulty you are playing? The blackjack replacement in the first mission is different.

Lubber: the soup spoon in the house of the greengrocer

Jack Tar: the rolling pin in the bakery

Pirate: the pan in the kitchen of the Cafè

I guess, you are not playing on lubber

Oh that was so silly of me...I only skimmed your previous comments and regarded Lubber, Jack Tar, and Pirate as 3 other people you were responding to, not representing difficulty levels. Sorry.

So, How many did U drown? :)) ** Hint inside **

I did not find the 'blackjack' until late in game, so I used a discovered highly probable 'drowning' technique to get those dastardly guards off my back!!

On the far side of the ship, on the 'railing/top' of the upper fore side, if your run around it to the deck side, the guards will try to follow from below and generally will fall off and drown themselves!

I got rid of 15 this way, but once I found the blackjack I stopped as it is a long ways to run when on other side of village.

See if you can beat my tally!!

PS: I got one to fall into the hold below, so another way.

What one does when no sword or blackjack

Leading the AI into situations where they kill themselves is one of my favorite quirks about thief.

To the Authors of this really GREAT and FUN mission I had a blast playing this one I did not want it to end!! How the heck did you guys find all of the new AI's I hope to get to play more from you!! and THANX AGAIN!!

Mission 1: Cast Off - Pirate

The mission won't end because I haven't "found a worthwhile secret". This is I assume, apart from the 2 registered secrets. I remember triggering that objective, but I have since forgotten what it referred to. Did it have something to with the dead dog?

Also, I have to find some love letters and a shock of hair, to place at the tomestone I think. Other than that, I should be able to move on to the next level.

Nothing in this thread seems to point me in the right direction. Any help would be appreciated.

Both things you mentioned are connected. Look more closely at the pub.

Look at the bones out back, one was the dogs fav and can be used on his bowl for a secret. Then you will know what to do at the grave.

Sting

I thought I had picked up every bone, but apparantly not. Things are falling into place now.

Thx

Music

I've often wondered if the music to Thief is original or borrowed. There is a classic passage of music when you enter the open area with the fountain, outside of the police station(?). I know this was presented in the original Thief game, but was it borrowed from another piece of work, or was it composed for the game. Anyone know?

I can now end "Cast Off". But I noticed in this thread reference to doing something that involves placing an item on the sheriff's desk. What is this?

Quote Originally Posted by Clock View Post
    I can now end "Cast Off". But I noticed in this thread reference to doing something that involves placing an item on the sheriff's desk. What is this?
    In the bar, you will find a diary to place on the sheriff's desk. It will make sense when you read it.

I just finished level 2. Agree 100% that level 1 is one of the best City levels I've ever played.

Level 2 is neat, in the caves with the yellow glowing crystals, the atmosphere reminds me a lot of the underground places in Oblivion

Also Christine, I have a nitpick about the english translation.. The word "Sushi" does not just mean unprepared raw fish straight out of the ocean. It is a japanese dish that looks something like this

It does quite frequently have raw fish contained in it, but you can get varieties with cooked fish, or even just vegetables.
    Last edited by io organic industrialism; 23rd Aug 2008 at 08:56.

Quote Originally Posted by Tannar View Post
    In the bar, you will find a diary to place on the sheriff's desk. It will make sense when you read it.
    I really shouldn't try playing this game half asleep. The diary was in my inventory, but it wasn't called a diary, so I ignored it. Further, it wasn't behaving like the other items where you had to "use" it to place it. In this case you had to "drop" it on the desk. These things should have been plain to me. Sorry.

Quote Originally Posted by Clock View Post
    These things should have been plain to me.
    No worries. I don't know how many times I've done the same thing!

Page 7 of 16 FirstFirst ... 23456789101112 ... LastLast