TTLG|Thief|Bioshock|System Shock|Deus Ex|Mobile
Page 8 of 16 FirstFirst ... 345678910111213 ... LastLast

Thread: Pirates ahoy! 08/17/2008

Quote Originally Posted by io organic industrialism View Post
    The word "Sushi" does not just mean unprepared raw fish straight out of the ocean.
    The words have strayed when outside Japan, but Garrett's seafood could maybe get renamed as "sashimi". Or one could just go with "raw fish", though less appetizing a name.

I was hoping the shark was frobbable for food.

Quote Originally Posted by draiocht View Post
    I was hoping the shark was frobbable for food.
    It wouldn't be a problem to do this, but I thought this would be too much fish for Garrett....

I stayed way the hell away from the shark!!!

Mission 2: Pirate's Island

Could someone give me a hint where the 1 secret for this mission is? Like...does it involve red crabs?

you are very close Check the waterfall

arghhh...I was just there, looking for a side entrance. I peeked but didn't see.

I found a bug >.>

Freaking shark flew out of the water and killed this villager while i was fighting the bartender. The fight was at the edge of the water with me constantly entering and leaving the water to make bartender stop attacking me. After killing the villager, the shark stays swimming in the same spot there.
    Last edited by Umicel; 23rd Aug 2008 at 14:50.

I make screenshots with F10 (I don't have DDFix installed, my computer is much to old for this )

Ghost Ship

Hmmmm...found the stone that opens the treasure cave, but not the treasure cave. And now that I'm on my way back to the beginning, I have to deal with certain 'newly hatched" dead things. A dry run showed me that finding the treasure cave isn't necessary to finish the mission, but where is this cave?

@ Umicel - that really shouldn't happen

@ Clock - the treasure cave is on another island, you'll visit it in the next mission

Quote Originally Posted by Umicel View Post
    I found a bug >.>

Freaking shark flew out of the water and killed this villager while i was fighting the bartender. The fight was at the edge of the water with me constantly entering and leaving the water to make bartender stop attacking me. After killing the villager, the shark stays swimming in the same spot there.

that is not a bug, it is suppose to be so...

no, of course i am joking, but it can be a confort for you to know that a similar thing happens also to the top of the nocks games named Crysis.. yeah flying sharks ! cool !

p.s. a good subject for a movie's script.

Flying shark happened to me too (see this post) but it was fine after a restart and never happened again. He wedged himself in the tunnel and I had to kill him to get past.

I got to kill the shark XD

took me 8 full charged backstabs. Its stayed at the same height but it lied down to die. I moved around it hitting it a couple more times, then I moved in and touched it and it fell thru the rock and the sand/ground.

That rock seems to be one of your custom objects. It acts like a big box which i can mantle on.

Yea, i just looked at it. You get bright pink, i get ultimate low brightness. I had to increase brightness in Paint for you to notice anything in it.... I don't even use DDFix, it makes the game not work at all.
    Last edited by Umicel; 23rd Aug 2008 at 18:27.

Quote Originally Posted by Christine View Post
    @ Umicel - that really shouldn't happen

@ Clock - the treasure cave is on another island, you'll visit it in the next mission

I thought this was a 3 level mission.
    I'm still missing significant loot, so I'll have to sneak back and explore instead of race to the beginning. Thx

Just want to to say thank you Christine.

Being away for nearly to years now (Guild Wars), this mission pulled me back to Thief. Being a german player I highly appreciate this one. Never missed one from Mrs. Schneider. Danke!!

Mission 2 Question

Is there a way to get to what appears like a second level above the caves? I see several "holes" in the top of some of the caves, bridges that run between some caves, ledges that are too high for me to mantle up, are those areas reachable?

Enjoyed this unique mission! Kept expecting to run into Indiana Jones on those islands. Reminded me so much of one of the levels in the Indiana Jones and the Infernal Machine game.

Quote Originally Posted by oneof4 View Post
    Is there a way to get to what appears like a second level above the caves? I see several "holes" in the top of some of the caves, bridges that run between some caves, ledges that are too high for me to mantle up, are those areas reachable?
    I saw those bridges too and never found a way to get up there. Curious about that myself

I am on mission two, and I simply can't find blackjack replacement anywhere. I'm playing the easiest difficulty level.

Quote Originally Posted by ticky View Post
    I am on mission two, and I simply can't find blackjack replacement anywhere. I'm playing the easiest difficulty level.

is near the starting point. look carefully in the middle floor of the ship.
    is a wooden tool

@ ticky - The Blackjack-replacement is on the pirate ship, if you go from the start the ladder up, it is lying on the floor in front of the chest.

@ io organic industrialism - it's just decoration

I absolutely find this campaign to be a peach. Well done, Christine. I've always liked your missions but this time you've surpassed yourself!

Oops, and of course I meant Greenhorn as well!
    Last edited by casalor; 25th Aug 2008 at 13:44.

Originally Posted by oneof4
    If it's the same bridges I'm thinking of (in the big tunnels) you can get up there by running up the walls at the side.

wow, christine!
    this FM was absolutely fantastic!
    i love love loved it!

i especially liked the sharks & stingrays in the water

another one to add to my favorites

Excellent missions as usual Christine thanks a bunch

And a fellow guild wars player cool my ign: Kira Dejana

Page 8 of 16 FirstFirst ... 345678910111213 ... LastLast