TTLG|Thief|Bioshock|System Shock|Deus Ex|Mobile
Page 9 of 16 FirstFirst ... 4567891011121314 ... LastLast

Thread: Pirates ahoy! 08/17/2008

Wow, i am just back from the Games Convention in Leipzig and reads this big become Thread! Many thanks to You all for all the praise

Very very cool mission! Thanks!

Großartige Mission - einfach klasse!

Keeper of FMs

I finally had a chance to play. This is an absolutely beautiful campaign Christine & Greenhorn! Very unique and fun.

Have only completed part 1 so far - fantastic stuff, congratulations!
    All terrific, but I thought the combination of Gameplay settings & the fact that you're obliged to ghost at least part of the mission was particularly well done.
    And I just can't get over the quality & extensiveness of the detail (& so much of it new). Paticularly:-
    - the doll which 'talked back'; gave me a bit of a shock!
    - the (gorgeous) loot statue,
    - the books that look almost better than real,
    - the way you included details which weren't...well, 'necessary'...such as the fishing net & the oars at the end of the docks.
    Along with many other examples, they add so much to the feeling of being there - in a 'real' place. Great Stuff!

Anyway, gotta get back to part 2...

I have just got back to finishing part one. The mission is just glorious.
    So many extra details which make it so special.
    I loved
    The names of those pirates

I had been trying to find the last 150 I can not though, thought I had combed it all, but never found it.

Christine, you are without a doubt a "Thief Master" or should I say a "Thief Mistress". Pirates Ahoy is fresh, it is original and it is beautifully planned out, I cant begin to enthuse enough about it.
    How on earth did you control the framerates in some of those large areas...I wish you were doing some of the jack the ripper one I'm struggling with.
    Very well done and thankyou.
    Ravenhooky
    (I did use to own a boat...black raven??)

Quote Originally Posted by Sticky Fingers View Post
    Have only completed part 1 so far - fantastic stuff, congratulations!
    Along with many other examples, they add so much to the feeling of being there - in a 'real' place. Great Stuff!

Anyway, gotta get back to part 2...
    I agree with all you said It is Great!.

Which do you mean here? I did not think I had missed anything. I am still short though on loot
    the (gorgeous) loot statue,

Thanks to you all for your feedback

@ Gillie It's a small statue in the bookshop, it is in one of the bookcases

Soon you are going to have folks starting a petition to get you back into dromed again as soon as possible!

Quote Originally Posted by Christine View Post
    Thanks to you all for your feedback

@ Gillie It's a small statue in the bookshop, it is in one of the bookcases
    I had forgotten for a moment about her.. It is so beautiful
    I had it already.
    Guess I will leave as it is just 150 Me being a perfectionist.

Just for fun after. It is amusing to get Guards to all jump off the bridge after a chase

A Couple of Issues with Mission 1: Cast Off!

I just finished a ghosting run through Cast Off!, and want to report a few "structural" issues I discovered.

1. There are spots on the wall near the police station where you can walk right through the wall, esp. the NE corner.
    2. And, in fact, the mortor between the stones at the N end is completely missing (or transparent). [just checked, and the same is true for the S end.]
    3. The house opposite the back of the bookseller's house has a similar problem, but this time it is the entire foundation area that is missing. The house seems to be floating in air a foot or so off the ground. Surely that is not intentional.
    4. I almost forgot to mention: none of the secondary objectives showed up for me until after I had completed them. That is, I never triggered the objectives. I just happened to figure out what to do based on context clues, and did them. Were there more than three? That was the number of "optionals" that I did (ghost, kid, and Sgt. Bill) and got credit for as objectives after the fact. Again, I'm pretty sure you intended the objective to show up after some trigger, but that never happened for me.

A side note: How are you supposed to get into Sgt. Bill's house? The door is not pickable (though it clicks as though it should be). Did I miss a key lying around someplace or on someone? I was glad that I could complete the mission without getting in there, but disappointed too.

Oh, also the long objectives for mission 2 mention a "ladle" on Pirate difficulty, but, at that difficulty, the replacement for the BJ was a frying pan. Oops.

Thanks.
    Last edited by LarryG; 27th Aug 2008 at 12:56.

LarryG: key for Bill's carried by a guard patrolling near the fountain (I think the unko'able one).

Quote Originally Posted by Sticky Fingers View Post
    LarryG: key for Bill's carried by a guard patrolling near the fountain (I think the unko'able one).
    You're right. Don't know how I missed that! Thanks.

I think those objectives were in the nature of Bonus objectives that you only get if you figure out what to do on your own. A number of FMs have them and it's quite fun trying to complete them. You sometimes do it by accident or as in this case, the clues are there to lead you towards the solution. I had no trouble picking up on what to do for them.

Quote Originally Posted by Nightwalker View Post
    I think those objectives were in the nature of Bonus objectives that you only get if you figure out what to do on your own. A number of FMs have them and it's quite fun trying to complete them.
    It was just that in my limited experience, every time there was a bonus objective, I was given the objective before I completed it. Generally some readable triggered the objective on reading. In this mission, the triggering of the bonus objective did not work for me. Only on completion of the actions did I find out that there was an objective that I satisfied. If that was the intent for this mission, then it worked as designed, but if I was supposed to get an objective added prior to its completion, then it did not work. I just wanted to report that so it could be fixed if the authors were so inclined to do so.

How do I save the grocer's life and get him back to his family? I'm just starting mission 3 on hard. I don't have an objective to that fact, but found a note about him being on a sinking boat.

About the bonus objectives, I feel it's better to not get them before you complete them because in that case they are no longer bonus but feel required. Then there are "additional" or "new" objectives, which you indeed get before you finish them.
    "For the Love of the Game"

Ghost

Mission 2 blues

I'm more or less at an impasse on the second mission. I've been to the three areas marked on the map -- the wharf (where I start, I suppose), Scummbar, and Hunt's joint. I've swum in all three lagoons... but I can't find any significant loot... just 42 in coin stacks that I picked up in Hunt's. I have the replacement blackjack and sword.

I'm obviously missing something huge, but what?

Thanks,

Dafydd

Fido's bone?

Lovely mission. So beautifully detailed. But I'm a bit stuck:
    I've done the doll/birthday, Sgt Bill, found the ghost and his house.

I've found the right bone but nothing happens when I place it in the bowl
    . I even carried it to the cemetery, just in case.

What do I do with it please?

Ghost
    Lyril, are you using it like a key? Or are you just dropping it?

When you use it on the bowl, the doghouse should slide aside.

Dafydd

Lyril: placing the dog's "favourite" (named as such) into the bowl should move the kennel - hope you don't have a bug.

Ghost
    Aha, I found a whole 'nother cave system! The area I thought was Hunt's was just a couple of huts and an open platform with fruit and a half-naked native girl. In between the huts is another cave, leading to further adventures, including the real Hunt's -- waterfall and all, just as the map shows.

Dafydd

Thanks

of course, I was just dropping it. How damned stupid of me!!

Scumm bar.....Monkey island, you even got the music right too

Quote Originally Posted by Nightwalker View Post
    I think those objectives were in the nature of Bonus objectives that you only get if you figure out what to do on your own. A number of FMs have them and it's quite fun trying to complete them. You sometimes do it by accident or as in this case, the clues are there to lead you towards the solution. I had no trouble picking up on what to do for them.
    And that's the way it was meant to be.

Quote Originally Posted by Verak View Post
    How do I save the grocer's life and get him back to his family? I'm just starting mission 3 on hard. I don't have an objective to that fact, but found a note about him being on a sinking boat.
    you don't find him in mission 3 you'll find him later, in mission 4

Page 9 of 16 FirstFirst ... 4567891011121314 ... LastLast