TTLG|Thief|Bioshock|System Shock|Deus Ex|Mobile
Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast

Thread: T2 FM: Mystic Gems II - Heart of Bohn 24/08/08 (v1.1)

Quote Originally Posted by klatremus View Post
    ... on top of one of the bookcases in the library...
    gives you a new objective

Well Done Wille!

I had the pleasure of Beta Testing this along with a great bunch of fellow taffers. And all I can say is that Wille not only is a tremendous artist and designer, but a joy to test for. He listens, then he decides. Thanks Wille for a great misison.

BTB, for you ghosters: enjoy! This can be ghosted lots of different ways. And, in fact, due to the nature of some of the patrols, every ghosting of this mission is different.

Wow this house is huge and a little confusing sometimes. Can someone give me a hint to where to find the clue or poem or whatever to find the order to put out the torches.
    Also where to find a candle or something to light the candlesticks

Quote Originally Posted by shadows View Post
    Also is it just me suffering from these random crashes in the area i mentioned? It's not a big hassle as i avoid that area now, but if others experience it as well, they should report it so it can be fixed.
    If you can reproduce the crash, save the crash log and send it to me. Windows should save the log to Documents and Settings folder with a file name dfaf_appcompat.txt. This file gets removed quickly by Windows so copy it somewhere else.

Quote Originally Posted by Wille View Post
    If you can reproduce the crash, save the crash log and send it to me. Windows should save the log to Documents and Settings folder with a file name dfaf_appcompat.txt. This file gets removed quickly by Windows so copy it somewhere else.
    'Documents and Settings' folder? That's only if you're using XP right? I am using Windows ME.

I am using Windows ME.
    No offense, but I think you could have the problem right there.
    Klatremus' Supreme Thief Site - Walkthroughs, Loot Lists & Ghost Reports
    Let's Supreme Ghost Thief - YouTube Channel with Thief Let's Plays

Quote Originally Posted by kittykat View Post
    Wow this house is huge and a little confusing sometimes. Can someone give me a hint to where to find the clue or poem or whatever to find the order to put out the torches.
    Also where to find a candle or something to light the candlesticks
    1) The clue about torchesdepends on your difficulty.
    Normal and Hard hint: look for someone who was laid off from the museum and is known to drink a bit
    Normal and Hard better hint: look for a drunk outside the museum
    Easy difficulty: If I remember rightly, all you need is in readables on the 3rd floor
    Here is the poem:
    Met a lovely maid at court
    Between two statues did make sport
    Invited the lusty lass to my room
    Was swept into the fount by her broom

I suggest you annotate your map and with where you find the torches as you go. Then the poem will begin to make sense. Most folk forget that you can type on the maps and save your notes.

2) Hint for the candlesticks: look both high and low
    Better hint for the candlesticks:one is inside and one outside
    Best hint for the candlesticks:Get as close to heaven as you can for one and the grave for another
    SPOILER: One is in the cemetary and the other is in the rafters above the main staircase to the museum offices (top floor)

Helo all I have been wandering around for a long while but can not find the rosary, any help would be great!

To Willie: This one great mission you have built Thanx for some great playing time!!!

pwl: LarryG's last post has the answer, section 2). He even gave a direct spoiler.

I agree, it is a beautiful mission.
    Last edited by klatremus; 24th Aug 2008 at 19:06.
    Klatremus' Supreme Thief Site - Walkthroughs, Loot Lists & Ghost Reports
    Let's Supreme Ghost Thief - YouTube Channel with Thief Let's Plays

Quote Originally Posted by klatremus View Post
    'Documents and Settings' folder? That's only if you're using XP right? I am using Windows ME.
    No offense, but I think you could have the problem right there.
    We tend to forget that Thief II was created with Win 98/Me in mind.

One of the systems I betatested this FM on was a PII 350 with Me installed. The 128 MB 7500 Radeon helped to compensate for the very slow CPU but it was still sluggish, especially in the starting area. But I was able to get through without crashing. Mind you, I was working with a fresh Thief install with no enhancement packages. I find the Sound Enhancement package, in particular, can cause some unexpected problems no matter what system I'm using.

EDIT: forgot to mention that I made sure the most recent scripts were installed.
    Last edited by DreamWalker; 24th Aug 2008 at 19:29.

Thank you LarryG for your help. Just finished 2 secret short

And thank you Willie for a great mission. Canīt wait for the next one

Keeper of FMs
    Mirrors here:
    http://www.thief-thecircle.com/download.asp?fid=1361

Updated to Version 1.1
    Last edited by pavlovscat; 27th Aug 2008 at 17:59. Reason: updated file

Clearinghouse
    Lovely mission Wille, thank you very much! I really enjoyed this mission

Wahoo! Finished with 5/5 secrets and 2800 loot.

Do those two haunt looking statues come alive?

Wow very nicely designed mission, this reminds me of the Museum in T3. Congrats on the release Wille.

But I am suffering from crashes in one part of the museum that doesn't happen anywhere else. If you look at the first floor map, it's the double staircase on the bottom left hand corner. The crashes don't happen everytime, but most times i go through there.

Need help though, I've put out 3 of the 4 flames, but cannot work where the last one is, or what the clue refers to. Could i have the answer please.

The first 3 flames are located:
    Courtyard
    Basement - between 2 statues
    Room - the one with a metal locked door behind a red curtain and inside with 2 candlestick holders in front of a statue.

I am having the same problem in the same area. I am using vista. Any ideas?
    edit: Also i have crashes on the upper floor after the balcony where the metal statues with swords are (in an large area with carpets).

I have ddfix installed and widescreen patch.

Quote Originally Posted by DreamWalker View Post

EDIT: forgot to mention that I made sure the most recent scripts were installed.
    You mean that they are contained in the mission zip or someone should install them separately.
    Last edited by Kin; 25th Aug 2008 at 12:14.

Crashing in XP

I too am having the crash problem. I'm on XP Home Edition SP2, on a reasonably powerful PC. The problem occurs when I'm on what in the UK we would call the first floor (US: second floor) of the museum. The problem seems to occur when one of the unknockoutable guards is near, so it may be linked to the sound of his footsteps. I'm not aware of having installed any Thief audio enhancements. I installed the texture enhancement pack but then uninstalled it.

I haven't yet found the file in Documents & Settings mentioned earlier in this thread.

I was able to make the mission crash too after few attempts .

Cause is clearly that helmeted guard patrolling the west wing. He is a normal guard by default but on hard he has a helmet. I removed this difficulty setting and now that guard has no helmet anymore. After that I couldn't reproduce the crash. I also got the crash log so no need to worry about that anymore .

I will release a patched version ASAP.

Re: Scripts

Quote Originally Posted by Kin View Post
    I
    You mean that they are contained in the mission zip or someone should install them separately.
    Just saying that I always install the latest scripts every time I install Thief ... just in case they don't get included with a FM. That and the illusion that someday, just maybe, I'll have the courage to create my own FM.

The domes! THE BEAUTIFUL DOMES!!

This mission is absolutely amazing looking. Probably one of the top 5 best looking missions I've ever played. And amazingly- it PLAYS well too! Just the right amount of challenge and a story that's actually pretty damn intriguing and thankfully also well-written. Dude, consider me a new fan of yours!

I can't wait for part III, tell me it's not two years away.

Willie, Congratulations for a truly beautiful mission. Every now and then I would stop to gaze or admire the artwork and architecture. It had me spell bound.

The story is interesting. Most taffers don't like to take away from the excitement of the "hunt" by reading all the books, but in this case it was essential for clues.

I'm still looking for the armory key in a basin.
    What do I need to do in Gunther's room according to the verse about Catherine?...and then find the fount. So far, I have put out 2 torches; in the court, and between 2 statues.

Still looking for the vault code, but I'm sure it will turn up after I explore more.

The FM has run very smoothly; no glitches so far.

Thanks very much for a fine FM.

The patch for crashing should be ready soon unless something comes up. I will replace the mystic_gems_part2.zip in my own mirror when it's done and announce it here. Should I rename the file to something like mystic_gems_part2_v11.zip?

Wow! Gorgeous mission! Thanks! I really enjoyed playing it

Quote Originally Posted by Dawggon View Post
    Still looking for the vault code, but I'm sure it will turn up after I explore more.
    Look for the key in the basin but not in the water. Your last question will answered then too...

The question about the torches was already answered above.

Yes, crashes here too. Have everything done except collecting loot on 2nd floor and it is happening at shadow's staircase.

What do I need to do in Gunther's room according to the verse about Catherine?...and then find the fount. So far, I have put out 2 torches; in the court, and between 2 statues.

In the sewer area where there is the big pool of water with wooden planks inside. Look around the area on your level and look for some pipes sticking out of the wall. Directly below that is a plank. That is the one you need to jump down to.

armory key in a basin.
    Take a look at the map. Directly below the library is a room. If you look closely you will see what looks like another door entrance leading to nowhere.
    What you want to do is open that door.

Still looking for the vault code, but I'm sure it will turn up after I explore more.[/SPOIL]
    Go to the statue of the war hero. (He is holding a sword and hammer and to the left of him are two armour breastplates) read the book.

Many thanks bob_doe_nz! Will have to hang up my hat on this one until after Sept. 27th when I return.

Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast