TTLG|Thief|Bioshock|System Shock|Deus Ex|Mobile
Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast

Thread: T2 FM: Mystic Gems II - Heart of Bohn 24/08/08 (v1.1)

Quote Originally Posted by Wille View Post
    The patch for crashing should be ready soon unless something comes up. I will replace the mystic_gems_part2.zip in my own mirror when it's done and announce it here. Should I rename the file to something like mystic_gems_part2_v11.zip?
    Yes that's a good idea, so people know what version it is.

I tend to keep all versions of a FM, so if they weren't renamed then I wouldn't be able to tell which is which.

Quote Originally Posted by DreamWalker View Post
    Re: Scripts

Just saying that I always install the latest scripts every time I install Thief ... just in case they don't get included with a FM. That and the illusion that someday, just maybe, I'll have the courage to create my own FM.
    Is there any link that contains all the scripts someone needs just for playing fms?

edit: I thought that darloader 4.3 installed all standard scripts upon installation.

Willie, beautiful mission - absolutely stunning, in fact the best museum I've seen in an FM. Sewers were pretty good too.

Unfortunately I think I might have buggered it up though. By the time I found the letter about the torches and the holy water on the top floor, I only had 3 water arrows left and I guess I will need 4 to douse the torches. Do I need to start again?

Quote Originally Posted by canetoad View Post
    Unfortunately I think I might have buggered it up though. By the time I found the letter about the torches and the holy water on the top floor, I only had 3 water arrows left and I guess I will need 4 to douse the torches. Do I need to start again?
    You don't need water arrows to douse them, just use the holy water vial on the torches and they will go off.

I will release the patch later today. My conclusion is that the crash is somehow hardware related. Careful analyze of the error log would probably reveal the exact cause. If someone could help me with that we could find out how to avoid this kind of error in future .
    Last edited by Wille; 26th Aug 2008 at 04:39.

Wow really nice mission and let me tell you my opinion in other things too:

I think that its colors and music, plus the atmosphere are way too serious and sad; but still very well worked out.

Is that Prague on the skyline?

Thanks Willie, good to know I dont need the arrows. Can carry on now.

Btw, I had no crashes at all, it's running beautifully.

Quote Originally Posted by ticky View Post
    Is that Prague on the skyline?
    Yes it is. I tried to make it non repetitive but you can't do much with two 256x256 textures. For part 3 I am going to make something like in Mission X to create a better skybox .

Quote Originally Posted by Kin View Post
    Is there any link that contains all the scripts someone needs just for playing fms?

edit: I thought that darloader 4.3 installed all standard scripts upon installation.
    It does .. the 'standard' ones and quite often authors will include updated scripts that can be used while playing their FMs.

So one could easily do without adding any more. Still, I like to have my own copy of scripts ... just in case. Got the originals from Cheap Thief Missions (we still can download files from there) ... click on "other goodies". I also check periodically with the suggested source sites for updates. And since I'm lazy I save these scripts somewhere that I can remember so that I can use them again whenever I revamp my computer and reinstall Thief 2.

I have released a patched version now, check the first post for link. I have only done changes to one guard and fixed one misc. readable so if the mission didn't crash there's no urgent need to update .

The patch works. Found 3560!
    This mission is of amazing quality.
    Can't wait for your next one!!

I bet you're missing a certain coin on a certain library floor.
    Klatremus' Supreme Thief Site - Walkthroughs, Loot Lists & Ghost Reports
    Let's Supreme Ghost Thief - YouTube Channel with Thief Let's Plays

Thanks for the patched version. Beautiful mission
    Last edited by fibanocci; 27th Aug 2008 at 09:01.

Patched version did the trick for me - though the change in route of the 'clank' indoors did a number on me.

So... How's part III coming along

Quote Originally Posted by deathshadow View Post
    So... How's part III coming along
    I haven't started anything in DromEd yet but I have a general idea what the mission will have. It will be very different FM than the first two however .

But at the moment I feel like doing a simple and small mission just for fun like Polygon's two FMs. Also I'm thinking of giving Dark Radiant (Dark Mod tools) another try .

BANNED
    Absolutely stunning fan mission, thank you!

Just wondering if there is a secret list?
    I ask because this area is puzzling me:
    In the graveyard area, the tombstone highlights and if you put a lockpick to it, it makes a clicking noise. Is it a secret? I can't find any levers/buttons and I tried using the rosary beads and other items on it, to no avail.
    Forgive me if it is nothing... just curious.

I never thought that could happen thiefessa , I wonder what could cause it as the gravestone is just a plaque with new model and collision detection. All secrets are listed in klatremus' page.

This mission is even more beautiful than the first one. It's a total joy to lurk in the shadows of this beautiful building. I thought you couldn't make better sewers than the ones in the first mission, but you proved me wrong. Congrats.

One little bit of trivia here: In a book on the second floor that details the history of the city of Bohn, there are named five tribes: The Dana, Sveri, Nor, Reyki and Suo. These are slightly different versions of the Danes, Swedes, Norwegians, Icelanders and the Finns, respectively.

(Dana and Nor explain themselves, Sweden is called Sverige in its native tongue, Finland is known as Suomi in its native tongue and the capital city of Iceland is Reykjavk.)

Classical Master 2008
    I completed the mission, and I'd say this one might be one of the most beautiful made yet. Others have used modern textures and detailed architecture before, but here, it is done with such a style that it deserves applause. Gotta love the window textures too. The play was interesting (I resorted to ghosting to add some challenge), the readables were all very well realised (a less visual point, but important for the mood), and there was the feeling of being in a real museum - that's about how it would look like, and that's what sort of items it would exhibit.

So, all in all, excellent! :OK:

Quote Originally Posted by Unkillable Cat View Post
    One little bit of trivia here: In a book on the second floor that details the history of the city of Bohn, there are named five tribes: The Dana, Sveri, Nor, Reyki and Suo. These are slightly different versions of the Danes, Swedes, Norwegians, Icelanders and the Finns, respectively.

(Dana and Nor explain themselves, Sweden is called Sverige in its native tongue, Finland is known as Suomi in its native tongue and the capital city of Iceland is Reykjavk.)
    And names like Kalmar and Karelia also relate to history and cities of the area. Had actually created a couple of maps relating to Norda's foundation and what it looked like during the Wars of the Imperium that look somewhat like the area (but barely since the Thief universe is located on an alternate earth). It also gave a perspective as to the locations of Dayport, etc. It was a first time effort and looked great until it was viewed in Thief's wierd alternate color scheme ... it just didn't meet the quality demanded for this mission so it was dropped.

BANNED
    Quote Originally Posted by Wille View Post
    I never thought that could happen thiefessa , I wonder what could cause it as the gravestone is just a plaque with new model and collision detection. All secrets are listed in klatremus' page.
    Okay, thank you for your help.

Oh man ! This place is huge. Architecture, lightning, textures simply all is excellent. Thanks Wille for such a masterpiece !

thanks for all the fun, and all that !

Just wanted to say, yes the dome is LOVELY, and I'm enjoying the readables too. I love to see allusions to the templars and such; it makes it all just even MORE fun!

Keeper of FMs
    Mirror for Mystic Gems II: Heart of Bohn v1.1

Fantastic mission! Thanks Wille!

Beautifull mission

This is a very beautifull Museum youve got here Willie also the ambient music inside the museum is beautifull as well, though i dont understand why you had to make such hard objetives in "normal" difficulty ...ive read all readings and i didnt find in the mission any vault number combination, i had to check through dromed the number in the quest var trap... as for getting inside the shrine i cant understand what the readings say about the blue flames in order to enter the shrine, im not a English native and therefore i feel lost with this goal, still im sure the entrance to the shrine should be in the main museum hall, i dont want to corrupt this mission by going through dromed and open the floorpanel by myself to enter the shrine, but if i cant find the solution i wont have problems to change the mission at my way and save it with the new changes so the next time i replay this one i wont have any problems in acomplish this mission...serioulsy this puzzle of the unextinglishble torches is very annoying , somebody give me a total spoiler on how to enter the shrine.please

thanks in advance

Here you go cardia1:

1. Find the holy water bottle first, it's in chest in curator's office
    2. Use the bottle to douse the blue torches in following order:

-Small courtyard in west
    -Basement with two statues
    -Room with cobwebs
    -Front yard next to small pool & fountain

A special lever will now appear in front of the big statue in the dome hall.

Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast