TTLG|Thief|Bioshock|System Shock|Deus Ex|Mobile
Page 5 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast

Thread: T2 FM: Mystic Gems II - Heart of Bohn 24/08/08 (v1.1)

Quote Originally Posted by ShadowSneaker View Post
    Is it necessary to have played the first Mystic Gems before playing this?
    It looks really cool and I want to play but not if it is going to mess up the story.

SS
    No it isn't necessary to play MG I first ... and yes since it occurs 1 week prior to MG II it will give you perspective to the story in this FM.

Mission Finished

Thanks for the hints Willie, afterall it wasn´t all that hard , i´ll be glad to replay this one more times and add it to my favourite´s fms list , this mission as a great architecture and a beautifull ambient music ...looking foward for more

Museum inside ambient was made by a guy named ERH, he has lots of other great ambients that can be download from freesound (you have to register for free though) http://www.freesound.org/usersViewSingle.php?id=215874

Outside ambient is from Thief 3 (Auldale music).

I will use other ambients by ERH in part 3 .

Quote Originally Posted by Wille View Post
    Museum inside ambient was made by a guy named ERH, he has lots of other great ambients that can be download from freesound (you have to register for free though) http://www.freesound.org/usersViewSingle.php?id=215874

Outside ambient is from Thief 3 (Auldale music).

I will use other ambients by ERH in part 3 .
    Great thanks for providing this link Willie , i´m crazy about ambient musics ...yes i recognized the outside museum ambient musics being from TDS, Bit Torrent give us everything we need

Distant Quasar

Two Thumbs Up!

Somehow I missed the release of part I, so I got to enjoy playing both back-to-back. Outstanding work! Great atmosphere, great architecture, great gameplay. I look forward to part III like I look forward to pumpkin pie on Thanksgiving
    - eep!

very nice mission! I do love museums, they give the perfect opportunity to have all kinds of relics and objects of value together - and this one has such beautiful architecture! the main hall was gorgeous, I just walked around staring at the ceiling as beams of light surrounded me...

great job!
    missed 50 loot somewhere, but 5 of 5 secrets!

What a beautiful mission! I thoroughly enjoyed exploring this one and it is a top notch contribution in every way. Thanks you very much! I hope there will be a third Mystic Gems installment as I'd love to see what's at the bottom of the elevator.

There will be a 3rd part, but it's too early to say when . I have just started planning the layout and gathering custom resources.
    Last edited by Wille; 4th Sep 2008 at 18:06.

I just saw the beginning of the mission, but it is great Very nice and interesting to explore. I entered every room in basement and wondered where will be the end? So many interesting spaces and every object is so in place. Now I begun part I, but I hope to return to part II soon

First screen of part 3:

Not much done yet, I will start WIP thread for part 3 when I have more to show .

Clearinghouse
    Beautiful

Cool!

For a finnish player there are several familiar items (like the coat-of-arms) and paintings in this mission. Great work/loistavaa Wille!

The museum is so complex I keep losing my way all the time, but it doesn´t matter... And the city views are beautiful, I´ve been in Prague and it is one of my favourite cities!

I also played part one, which was also great!

Jatka samaan malliin!

I love this Mission

But is there a way to Turn off the god awful music! I can't here foot steps or be alerted to anything necessary to good taffing.
    A slight rant.

Only way turn off the music is probably to delete some files in Thief2/snd folder that is created when you install the FM. Music files are ambient.wav and first2floors.wav. You can also delete them directly from the FM zip file, they have the same names but are ogg-files instead of wavs .

First player I've seen to actually dislike the music. I thought it brought excellent ambience to the mission. Atmosphere is everything in Thief.
    Klatremus' Supreme Thief Site - Walkthroughs, Loot Lists & Ghost Reports
    Let's Supreme Ghost Thief - YouTube Channel with Thief Let's Plays

Quote Originally Posted by klatremus View Post
    First player I've seen to actually dislike the music. I thought it brought excellent ambience to the mission. Atmosphere is everything in Thief.
    Yea, It isn't that bad. I just get tired of listening to the same music loop for 3 or 4 hours. It is small flaw with thief not being able to change the music settings.

beautiful mission, I just wandered round staring at the architecture, very nice

I really must look into how you do the shafts of light from windows, I love that effect

Light shafts are by Vigil, you can download them from his website (instructions included). I edited them a bit though by adding dust effect and recolouring the texture.

Distant Quasar
    Quote Originally Posted by klatremus View Post
    That is the only criticism I have of the missions (I and II) - the music is nice, but too loud. There were many times where I missed the opportunity to move from one spot to another because I had so much trouble hearing guard movements.
    - eep!

HELP ! i wish to end the level!!

Quote Originally Posted by Wille View Post
    Fourth and last torch is in eastern front yard next to a small pool.
    Hi ! I'm totally unable to find the last torch (4) ! i searched the outside but can't find any pool, or torches, just normal red torches. Please may you tell me the exact location ?? i wish to complete the level ! thanx you very much. EMYMAX
    emy.max@live.it

@EMYMAX:

Fourth and last torch is in front yard of the museum. Look at the map and find the great hall, then go to to south and you should find two tall locked doors leading to front yard (they can be picked). There you should be able to find the 4th torch.

:@ WILLE

Thank you! alright with the torches... i get the elevator, and descent below the shrine.. but very strangely soon as i arrived, in front there is a closed gate, with NO BUTTON or LEVER !!! how can i open it???

EMYMAX: that's the end point of the mission (no button or lever) - have you finished all objectives?

:-O

Quote Originally Posted by Sticky Fingers View Post
    EMYMAX: that's the end point of the mission (no button or lever) - have you finished all objectives?
    No! i still haven't found the gem and info!!!! HELPPP !!!

Page 5 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast