TTLG|Thief|Bioshock|System Shock|Deus Ex|Mobile
Page 6 of 8 FirstFirst ... 2345678 LastLast

Thread: T2 FM: Mystic Gems II - Heart of Bohn 24/08/08 (v1.1)

Need the safe code

In the armory i've found a paper with the safe instruction... it says the code's been set to General De Moreno's birthday! whick is it??

Quote Originally Posted by EMYMAX View Post
    In the armory i've found a paper with the safe instruction... it says the code's been set to General De Moreno's birthday! whick is it??
    First floor, display room imm north of main library - readable next to an heroic-looking statue.

good!

Thank you! Now i got it, but i still need to get info about it, i've been first in curator room but nothing's there... may you give me another little help about it? (i wish to complete this campaign! It is very harder than "Mystic gem I " ! )
    Thank you very much! (sorry for my english,i'm sicilian)

EMYMAX: see this post

Thank you very much!

I complete the mission... wooooh!!
    Congratulation to the developers... very great mission! even if a little harder eheh! Great architectural and ambient sound !

Where is the cemetary?
    Great mission so far! Thank you!

maga: in the courtyard, through the main (south) doors.

Ok, found it.
    Another question:
    Is the small yard where one douses the 1st torch the one next to the cemetary, where the guard patrols?

No the 1st torch is in courtyard to west, you have to access it from inside. Your map should show where it is.

Oh well, it seems I'm growing old.....I cannot find, for the life on me the room with the candlesticks and the golden door and the blue flame. I had been there before, so now where has it gone?????

maga: it's due south of the first floor library, behind a red curtain.

Thanks, Sticky for your help, off to search the library! At least I narrowed my search!!

Hyviä missioneja molemmat Mystic gems osat 1 ja 2. Eka osa oli hyvää haamuilu harjotusta,
    mut tokas piti turvautua jo pamppuun ku pentele vie vartijat huomas niin monta kertaa.

Siel museos oli vaikea olla huomaamatta kaikkia niitä Suomen vaakunoita.
    Samoin Turkulian dynasty ja Queen Karelia pistivät kyl hieman hymyilyttämään.

--

Good job with both Mystic gems part 1 and 2. The first part was a good ghosting practise.
    In the second part I had to resort to blackjack after getting spotted way too many times.

The museum revolves nicely around a (somewhat fictional?) nordic theme.
    The flag where there is a lion holding a sword is Finnish coat of arms for example.

Really Enjoing it!

Hi, I'm really liking this mission so far. Looks nice too. It's even better than the last one.

Please make more!

I finished it. Thank You.
    It was quite involving.

I feel that I would have wanted hints for the candle locations. I did find the one in the rafters, but it was luck. I also didn't know there was a graveyard, or the poem because I seem to come in from another direction, and I really thought that all my clues would have been inside. I also forgot about the blue flame down below. I would have needed to know to watch for blue flames to have remembered it.

My loot were 3395 out of 3600, so I think I did okay as far as thoroughness.

Thank you again, a very enjoyable and good looking mission.

...and make more missions please : )

Willie, I just finished MGII for the first time. I am speechless. This is an incredibly beautiful mission. The details in the architecture, the colors, the atmosphere, and the DOMES , all stunningly beautiful. And the incredible amount of detail in the texts. I greatly enjoyed your creation of Bohn and it's history. Fascinating! I found myself looking more for the next readable than the next piece of loot or the next clue to the puzzle. And I found myself just wandering around enjoying being in this place. Eventually I tore myself away and went on to finish the mission but it was tough. I just wanted to gawk. Enjoyable gameplay, lovely design, captivating story...truly well done! Thank you!

Pretty much all readables are DreamWalker's creation. I lack skills to make interesting readables unless I spent weeks on them so I'm more than happy that DreamWalker helped me out .

I've finally managed to finish this absolutely stunning fm. Quite, quite beautiful and I've now had to rethink my position on museums.

I have a problem with the .ogg files ambiant and first2floor
    Garretloader tells me it can't convert them to .wav because they are unreadable ; even though I read them well with winamp...

Converting them into another format doesn't work , if I reinstall the mission the .ogg files reappear along with the error message.

I'll play through the mission and tell if I can hear those musics anyway...

Oggs I used are quite high quality with stereo so maybe that's the reason. Potterr might give you more insight why GL doesn't recognize them. DarkLoader however loads them just fine .

I used ogg format to keep the mission zip as small as possible and to maintain good installation speed in DarkLoader. MP3s always load very slowly in DarkLoader for me plus they are bigger than oggs.

Garrettloader tanked yet again ; so I switched to less fancy (but hopefully more stable ) darkloader .
    No problem with .ogg there

very nice fm

Gorgeous Mission

Just started this one (actually, nearly an hour into it, but I've been relishing the scenery), & what a lovely combination of traditional Thief ambience & suberb new artwork this is. Glorious lighting, exquisite textures & spaces. The sewers are pretty enough to have a birthday party in, & the full moon is the loveliest I've yet encountered in Thief. Mystic Gems Part 1 was very pleasing too, if a little too easy.

Looking forward to fully exploring the museum.

Oh if you haven't reached the museum yet you are in for a treat! This is a true gem from the hands of a very talented author.

Enjoy!
    Klatremus' Supreme Thief Site - Walkthroughs, Loot Lists & Ghost Reports
    Let's Supreme Ghost Thief - YouTube Channel with Thief Let's Plays

Played this over the course of three or four days. 2 hours, 33 minutes, 38 seconds. All secrets found, 75 short on the loot, now I'm going to have to go find it. Incredibly fun mission, everything looked beautiful.

Well, that was a nice mission, although I found the map a tiny little bit too large for my taste. On the other hand, there's a lot of detail there which I do not find very often in other fan missions. For example, there seem to be enough guards for a museum of this size, and I think they're armed reasonably as well, with only one helmeted one on the loose. There are a lot of texts placed near the exhibits which told the player more than just "Horn of the Quintus family" or any other similar one-liner. And then there were these domes (although the player shouldn't be able to pass through them ), the windows with their light beams, the outside visuals - really good.

There's only one question I have: Where in the mission is the fog supposed to be? I can only see some haze, mainly on the edges of the screen, when I turn on fog, but the fog in the original mission Life of the Party looks fine with my graphics card (Radeon 9550).

Looking forward to part three...

Page 6 of 8 FirstFirst ... 2345678 LastLast