TTLG|Thief|Bioshock|System Shock|Deus Ex|Mobile
Page 7 of 8 FirstFirst ... 2345678 LastLast

Thread: T2 FM: Mystic Gems II - Heart of Bohn 24/08/08 (v1.1)

Fog in this mission is supposed to be a mist effect, not a weather effect . The mist works best on long corridors and outdoors.

Congratulations on this superb mission Wille!

It was absolutely stunning, and very immersive. I just finished it on easy, 3 hrs 37 min, and 3445 of 3600 loot. I decided to take my time and enjoy the whole building

It was not only the inside of the museum (and the domes!), but the skyline looked most spectacular too. I even climbed on the wall by using the vine near the secondary entrance (in the area with the drunk) just to enjoy the skyline view. I would love to have been able to climb onto the roof of the museum.

This will go down as one of the all time great missions. You are a very talented FM maker with great eye for detail.

Best,
    AndrewPhD

Quote Originally Posted by AndrewPhD View Post
    I would love to have been able to climb onto the roof of the museum.
    That is possible, although not intended. You can pass through the glass domes.

I used a rope arrow in the area where there are a lot of glass cabinets (all broken now ) to climb onto the two wooden beams forming a cross just below the dome, then jumped out somehow. There are some distorted visuals there, but you can still see some of the scenery below. (And fall to death into a place where no AI has gone before. )

Quote Originally Posted by baeuchlein View Post
    That is possible, although not intended. You can pass through the glass domes.

I used a rope arrow in the area where there are a lot of glass cabinets (all broken now ) to climb onto the two wooden beams forming a cross just below the dome, then jumped out somehow. There are some distorted visuals there, but you can still see some of the scenery below. (And fall to death into a place where no AI has gone before. )
    Thanks so much for your directions Baeuchlein.

I will try it when I clean up the museum of all AI. I have started playing on hard. I am interested to go to the roof for the skyline.

Best,
    AndrewPhD

Roof Screenshots

I really wanted to get to the roof just to see the skyline. Following Baeuchlein's kind directions, I was able to do it. Here are some screenshots. I have not reduced them in size in order to capture the full effect.

Thanks Baeuchlein,
    Best,
    AndrewPhD

Last edited by AndrewPhD; 11th Jan 2009 at 13:23.

Very nice - now I wish I'd made the effort.

Quote Originally Posted by Sticky Fingers View Post
    Very nice - now I wish I'd made the effort.
    Thank you, Sticky Fingers. It was the skyline of Prague that made me want to climb up there. It was worth the effort, albeit frame-rate problematic.

AndrewPhD
    Last edited by AndrewPhD; 11th Jan 2009 at 00:48.

On the wall opposite the two identical statues are two candles that highlight when close enough what am i supposed to do with them ?

Quote Originally Posted by Vipercat View Post
    On the wall opposite the two identical statues are two candles that highlight when close enough what am i supposed to do with them ?
    Hi Vipercat:

Are you referring to the two haunt-looking statues on the ground floor, where you hear haunting whispers when you pass by? No, from what I recall, you are not supposed to do anything with them. You can frob them to "Turn them off" and create a darker corridor.

Best,
    AndrewPhD

One of the most beautiful FM ever. Outstanding architecture, design, textures.... As somebody has said in this thread: every room looks great, every place has life. Some Thief FMs look a little bit "empty", flat and without life. This is absolutely not the case of Heart of Bohn. Awesome, outstanding, excellent !!! Thanks Wille.

I finally got around to playing this mission and what a pleasure it was! Great job, Willie!

Hi!

Please let me know, how to enter a vault code? There is a "0" number in code, but no possibility to put "0" on a vault lock system. :|

I think there are two possibilities for the vault code, and you thought of the wrong one.

When I played the mission, I thought of two possibilities, 1069 and 2769. I wrote down in my notes that I probably used the second code because the first contains a zero, and you can't enter that.

I just finished this fantastic FM, and LOVED IT!

What I loved about it most was unusual and unique for me, the "pacing". What I mean is that after going through the obligatory initial "knock-out-spree" so I was free to roam and explore, I would search for a while for the next clue, re-read readables, check nooks and crannies, and juuuuuuust about the time where frustration was getting ready to rear its hideous head, BOOM! A CLUE! I'd follow said clue and enthusiastic progress would be made. Then after completing/finding the clue's objective, again I'd search and explore some more for ways to progress, and again, juuuuuust before frustration, BOOM! A CLUE! This happened quite a few times, and it made this mission absolutely captivating for me! I realize it may have just been simple luck that it worked out this way, but I can't remember ever hitting this perfect "sweet spot" of seek/find progression before.

Anyway, thanks Wille for an exceptionally unique and satisfying FM!

I can't wait to play Part 3!

Gorgeous mission

Thank you Wille for a truly stupendous mission -- gorgeous textures etc. !! I remember playing the Unlucky Soul many years ago, and this one too, but on an old PC so the graphics were not that great. Now that I've got my Thief working again on the Windows 7 system, with widescreen resolution 1680 x 1050 -- thank you all the great taffers who've made it possible for plodders like myself to play Thief again -- this mission is absolutely stupendous. Wow. I've got to replay this though, I was 300+ short on loot...Klatremus has put together a loot list, it seems...thank you!

Love this mission, would *love even more* to finish it!

But I cannot! Why?

It's the loot. I have 3115 of the 3600 total (I don't think I need to hide the loot total now at this point, well after the mission's heyday), and all I'm missing is 485, the exact amount of the Golden Skull display cage and all the other loot in the pickable display cases. I would happily pick all of it up and be on my way, except:

None of it is Frobbable!! ARRGGGHHH!!!

This includes the secret switch over the fireplace--the picture is moveable/frobbable, but not the switch itself. Which keeps me short of the total secrets by one.

And of course keeps me from the required 3200 by 85!

WTFartz? And any way to patch this without my having to play it over again (preserving my saved game)?

Oh man, so close and yet... frustrating! But, fun!! :-) What a wonderful mission! I can also later post some of my "climb on top of the world" pics that are from different places other than the roof ones that have been posted...

Thanks-- Crowemagnon, man.

----------------------------------------------------------

EDIT: Well, turns out there was a simple solution, though not necessarily obvious...

I found that just by frobbing the painting over the fireplace again (twice, pushing it back up too of course), that made the switch underneath frobbable again. :-) So, the skull was enough to allow me to technically finish! Didn't help for the glass-encased items, since all the glass was somehow broken (lol), and no doors would slide because of it... well then, yay! :-)
    Last edited by crowemagnon; 28th Jan 2011 at 23:53. Reason: Discovered solution...

Great Mission.

This is a great mission and I have spent hours playing it much to wife's dismay. I have been playing Thief for quite some time. I bought all three of the original missions and am anxiously waiting the fourth. It took me awhile to realize there were fan missions available. Then I discovered TTLG. I have been playing every mission I can get my hands on. It amazes me that the quality is as good as or superior to the original. I love these missions that have multiple parts and hope that you will continue to produce them. I too had great difficulty but that is the fun of the game. AND, of course, when my head is about to explode from a puzzle I cannot solve I read the threads. This fan mission thread has had entries for more than five years and that alone attests to its greatness. Cudos to all of you wonderful people who develop and post these.

I've encountered a large problem.
    spoiler:
    The holy water vile is not having any effect on the four torches.

Hi, absolutely loving this mission. I love how everything looks. it's awesome!

I need a bit of help though, and I don't want to read through the threads because I really don't want to find out about anything through someone else.

All I need to know is can someone point me in the right direction on the clue to the 3rd verse of the Ode to Catherine, I thought it might be Morley's room but there's nothing in that room with the bunkbed. So I'm wondering if it points to 'lusty lass' ? Just a simple yes or no would help, I don't want the answer.
    Thanks
    Last edited by llanita; 21st Aug 2013 at 13:02. Reason: forgot to be more explicit

Quote Originally Posted by SlyFoxx View Post
    spoiler:
    Bump. I went back to this mission after a long break (boy, I never remember a darn thing, but that's beside the point in this case). I'm having the exact same problem: I don't appear to be able to put out the torches.

Help!?

Quote Originally Posted by FKenFord View Post
    Bump. I went back to this mission after a long break (boy, I never remember a darn thing, but that's beside the point in this case). I'm having the exact same problem: I don't appear to be able to put out the torches.

Help!?
    What the?! I just reloaded into this mission (I switched to play a different mission) and now I'm able to put out the first torch, at least.

Quote Originally Posted by FKenFord View Post
    What the?! I just reloaded into this mission (I switched to play a different mission) and now I'm able to put out the first torch, at least.
    OK, I was able to put out all the torches. Go figure. Now I'd like to find the rosary. Any hints?

Quote Originally Posted by SlyFoxx View Post
    spoiler:
    Was replaying this mission and I am having the exact same problem.
    spoiler:

rosary

MOST FANTASTIC MUSEUM IN THIEF MISSIONS! BUT WHERE IS THE ROSARY AND secret locations?

Quote Originally Posted by Orfeus21 View Post
    WHERE IS THE ROSARY AND secret locations?
    The secrets are included in Ricebug's Thief 2 Walkthrough for this mission, available at http://www.bogadocious.com/thief.html. "Heart of Bohn" is among the walkthrus of 2008.

I think there's only a part of the way to the rosary described in there, and my own scribblings for this mission don't include finding the rosary, so I can't help you much on that subject.

Page 7 of 8 FirstFirst ... 2345678 LastLast