TTLG|Thief|Bioshock|System Shock|Deus Ex|Mobile
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: T2 FM: Batman demo by Independent Thief

Desperately dodgy geezer

T2 FM: Batman demo by Independent Thief

This was announced at my forums yesterday by Independent Thief, who doesn't frequent TTLG so I offered to announce it here.

Quote Originally Posted by Independent Thief
    Hi guys, I've dabbled a little bit with the dromed editor and some of the abandoned stuff from the failed Deep Cover work and I came up with this: http://www.megaupload.com/?d=15YSAVLQ It's nothing major, just a little demo I put together after watching The Dark Knight. Hope everyone enjoys it!
    Hosters, feel free to mirror, thanks!
    Last edited by Yandros; 24th Sep 2008 at 22:56. Reason: Clarified for T2
    Death's Cold Embrace - Info and screenshots

The Architect
    Oh, I've gotta check this out.

But this makes me wonder. I only know of two (as of right now) FMs that use any Deep Cover media. Have any other authors taken advantage of that trove?

I've read the readme file, and it sounds really cool. Unforunately I'm at school right now, so I can't play at the mo.
    Last edited by thief0; 16th Sep 2008 at 13:11.

Interesting, it's a logical use of the Deep Cover material. I've played around with that stuff for fun myself and I must say a Gotham type environment is clearly possible.

What is the other mission that uses Deep Cover material?

Clearinghouse
    Cool. Thank you

Clearinghouse
    Looks like The Rebellion of the Builder.
    Screenshots.

Heh, pretty cool screenshots. Some reminded me of the original Deus ex.

What is your forum, Yandros?

SS

That was pretty neat! It could use more (grappling hook, new model for the KO bomb to make it a batarang), but overall it'd be nice to see a full misison done like this =)

when playing, are any other weapons available besides those that you start off with?

That was good as a demo.
    The size of the map and amount of buildings in there could well have a good size and length FM in there.
    I would like to see more bat toys to play about with and as EmperorSteele, the grappling hook/hookshot demos could well be used for these. Maybe a few of Batmans enemies in there too.

Keeper of FMs

Here are mirrors:
    Batman Demo

I can't wait to get back home & try this one out!!

Yeah, Batman villains like the Joker or the Riddler would go well in Thief. A cat-and-mouse style affair with notes left to taunt.

I just downloaded the zip and tried to play it. Darkloader won't install it. Garrettloader installed it but when I hit Play I got an error message saying I didn't have enough disk space - clearly inaccurate since I have over 200 gigs free. Anyone else experience this?

EDIT: I thought that perhaps I had a corrupt download. I downloaded originally from Darklurker so I deleted the file and downloaded again from TTLG. Worked fine this time.
    Last edited by Tannar; 16th Sep 2008 at 21:41.

What is your forum, Yandros?
    It's here: http://www.wearytaffer.com/forum/

Desperately dodgy geezer
    It also has its own subdomain: http://forum.wearytaffer.com

Not much to do there really, unless you're involved in testing a mission that I'm hosting (for example, we're now developing/testing Saturnine's horror mission there). Naturally, you only have access to forums that you're a member of.

Really great demo! Nicely done. Can't wait to see this fully developed.

You know it was funny, just the other day i was thinking that someone should make a mission where Garret is robbing some huge, but oddly empty mansion. Turns out to be Wayne manor, and you find the Batcave, and have to get the hell out before Batman whups your ass.

I... don't know how one would work that into a story... suddenly Garrett hopping between universes and all, but mweh.

Quote Originally Posted by Tannar View Post
    I just downloaded the zip and tried to play it. Darkloader won't install it. Garrettloader installed it but when I hit Play I got an error message saying I didn't have enough disk space - clearly inaccurate since I have over 200 gigs free. Anyone else experience this?

EDIT: I thought that perhaps I had a corrupt download. I downloaded originally from Darklurker so I deleted the file and downloaded again from TTLG. Worked fine this time.
    The disk space error is a thief one, thief works on a GB limit and doesn't always see the true amount of space free on your drive. There is a fix you can put in the user config file
    (Open the file user.cfg found in the Thief directory and add the line skip_starting_checks to it and save it. Please note, it may be necessary to create this file.)
    or you can stick about 25mb or data onto the drive you have T2 on and that resolves the issue.
    Last edited by potterr; 17th Sep 2008 at 05:35.

Thanks potterr, still having problems but I am going to move this discussion to the GL thread.

Is it possible to get into the church?

Ah, I love it when the music begins...Nice stuff!

Quote Originally Posted by oneof4 View Post
    Is it possible to get into the church?
    The church doesn't have an interior, but you can get into the churchyard if you "glide" in with a couple of slow-fall potions.