TTLG|Thief|Bioshock|System Shock|Deus Ex|Mobile
Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: CTEC Mission - Unbidden Guest (2008/09/16)

CTEC Mission - Unbidden Guest (2008/09/16)

(Hope it's ok to start this thread. Title ok?)
    Excellent mission so far - very TH. But I seem to have hit a dead end; have reached Master Willy's (& adjacent apartment), but really can't figure out how to move on from here - can't backtrack, it's still way too far down with no rope-arrow point I can see & can't find any hidden doors.

Really hoping somebody else is playing this one.

Help?

Quote Originally Posted by Sticky Fingers View Post
    Excellent mission so far - very TH. But I seem to have hit a dead end; have reached Master Willy's (& adjacent apartment), but really can't figure out how to move on from here - can't backtrack, it's still way too far down with no rope-arrow point I can see & can't find any hidden doors.

Help?
    I was in the same situation as you to begin with but i'm not that good at describing architecture so i thought i would try with an image instead:

Location is down from where you get your equipment and you can jump to the balcony from there (beware there's normally an archer patrolling there, i knocked him out) after that it should be obvious which way to go.

Hope that helps.

Since Sticky Fingers started a separate thread for this mission i'd better move my question from the announcement thread to here:

I have been everywhere as far as i know and have done all objectives except plant the explosives, but i can't find where to do that. There is a single locked door in the seminary that i can't open. If that's where i need to go then where is the key, please? If that's not the place then where are the robots?

Help?
    I am in the same situation. Can't find any way to continue from here.

Tannar You can jump/mantle back to the power station balcony. It's a bit of a stretch so save first as it may take you a couple of tries.

The Elusive One There's a workshop key you need to find. Where it is depends on difficulty setting, I believe. If you're playing on the expert setting, you need to find the candlemaker's. Have you been there yet? I believe on the other difficulty settings, the key is worn by the priest in the chapel downstairs in the seminary.

I loved this mission!

Thanks Nightwalker, never would have thought you could make that jump! On my way again.

Quote Originally Posted by Nightwalker View Post
    The Elusive One There's a workshop key you need to find. Where it is depends on difficulty setting, I believe. If you're playing on the expert setting, you need to find the candlemaker's. Have you been there yet? I believe on the other difficulty settings, the key is worn by the priest in the chapel downstairs in the seminary.
    Nightwalker, could you please elaborate? I have no idea where the candlemaker's is...

I am in the diamond makers and i've opened the blue chest next to the bed, inside is a healing potion, a book and an blessed hammer. I got the potion, but can't frob the other items, since the chest usually stays highlighted first. Are these items getable?

Also i just want to say to the author, good building work on this mission, i had no problems climbing, jumping, mantalling from place to place, which of course is very important for missions like this. So thumbs up.

Thanx Nightwalker & Elusive One - never would have thought that jump possible!

And I'd like to echo shadows' question about the blue chest.

Candle maker's? Diamond maker's? Can't find either. And how the taff do you get the optional book off the pedestal?

Also have seen a few places I can't find a way into. Namely the place on the other side of the glass window in Master Willy's rooms, the area under/behind the grate on the ground by the inn/tavern/resturaunt/whatever, and the place behind the locked bars with the little tray full of coins next to it.

I'm stumped on this one.

Quote Originally Posted by kamyk View Post
    Candle maker's? Diamond maker's? Can't find either. And how the taff do you get the optional book off the pedestal?

Also have seen a few places I can't find a way into. Namely the place on the other side of the glass window in Master Willy's rooms, the area under/behind the grate on the ground by the inn/tavern/resturaunt/whatever, and the place behind the locked bars with the little tray full of coins next to it.

I'm stumped on this one.
    kamyk - The candlemakers and diamond seller are both accessible via the thieves highway. As for the book, I ended up luring the creature into the elevator back in the church and sent him upstairs so I could have free run of the place. Then used a rope arrow to climb to the book. The "window" in Willy's is a mirror I think. I don't know about the other two places you mentioned. Hope this helps some.

Quote Originally Posted by Tannar View Post
    kamyk - The candlemakers and diamond seller are both accessible via the thieves highway. As for the book, I ended up luring the creature into the elevator back in the church and sent him upstairs so I could have free run of the place. Then used a rope arrow to climb to the book. The "window" in Willy's is a mirror I think. I don't know about the other two places you mentioned. Hope this helps some.
    Could you be slightly more specific about the two shops please? I've been looking for an hour... I'd appreciate it.

To get to the diamond cutter's place, go to the back of the mechanist's church where there is a walkway made by three long wooden planks laid over some beams. When you are on this walkway,face north and look down and to the left. You will see a balcony with a multicolored door. This is the diamond cutter's place. I can't remember how I got to the candle maker's but I will go back in and check.

To get to the diamond cutter's place, go to the back of the mechanist's church where there is a walkway made by three long wooden planks laid over some beams. When you are on this walkway,face north and look down and to the left. You will see a balcony with a multicolored door. This is the diamond cutter's place. I can't remember how I got to the candle maker's but I will go back in and check.
    Well that hepled enormously for the Diamond Cutter, ty It also answered my one question about the place behind the locked bars with the little tray full of coins next to it. Diamond cutter 1st floor.

I'm about to give up on the book though. I get trapped once I take it, and can't find a way out. I see what looks to be a teleport gate behind unfrobbable gates, but I haven't figured out any way to get past them.

To the left of the gates is a lever.

To the left of the gates is a lever.
    Yeah, just found it. I must be blind, and/or my gamma is waaay too low. Lol. Thanks for the help.

Really enjoyed this one - however, I never found a way into the building immediately west of the Seminary (the Candlemaker's?).
    I think it would explain most of my loot shortage.

I found the candlemakers! I'll describe this the best i can. The building with the red curtains that you can pass through and which has a balcony on one side, get yourself onto that balcony. Then face the building with the ledge and jump across, which is the candlemakers!

Quote Originally Posted by shadows View Post
    I found the candlemakers! I'll describe this the best i can. The building with the red curtains that you can pass through and which has a balcony on one side, get yourself onto that balcony. Then face the building with the ledge and jump across, which is the candlemakers!
    Sorry, shadows, I don't follow - is that the ledge which leads to the East Gate?
    Could you give a compass direction please?

Sorry, shadows, I don't follow - is that the ledge which leads to the East Gate?
    Could you give a compass direction please?
    Nope. Find the building with the red curtains you can pass through and go through them onto that floor. With the compass pointing South, go through that window. There's a wooden ledge on your left, walk along it to the end. Now turn 90 degrees right. You should see an wooden balcony on your right just below which also has a door, but if you look across from that you can see a window with a glow fron candles and an ledge to reach that window. I hope that's clear enough.

I'm at Ysm's lab I've dealt with the zombie and nabbed the floating loot and now I'm stuck

there's a gate with the sky behind it and an elevator that leads to a garden with what looks like a hidden door to your right as you enter the garden there seems to be a way out by climbing various walls

how do I proceed ?

Quote Originally Posted by Esme View Post
    I'm at Ysm's lab I've dealt with the zombie and nabbed the floating loot and now I'm stuck

there's a gate with the sky behind it and an elevator that leads to a garden with what looks like a hidden door to your right as you enter the garden there seems to be a way out by climbing various walls

how do I proceed ?
    There's a fire arrow in a footlocker nearby IIRC, use it on the unlit torches in the garden

Thanx, shadows, got it this time - always lost in city missions without compass directions.

And after all that, there was only 5g in there!

There's a fire arrow in a footlocker nearby IIRC, use it on the unlit torches in the garden
    thanks, I kinda figured they were the means, but I'll be taffed if I can find any footlockers with firearrows in I found one on a shelf and used it on the zombie do they change locations on different difficulties
    ?, I'm on expert if thats a help

Thank you shadows, i have been looking for that place for a long time!