TTLG|Thief|Bioshock|System Shock|Deus Ex|Mobile
Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: CTEC Mission - Baffords Town House

bikerdude

CTEC Mission - Baffords Town House

Got into the antique dealers place..

all Im gonna say is go see the statues - I was in stiches with laughter...

biker

The pop up book in the Guard Quarters inside Bafford's town house is also quite amusing.

So are the readables in the antique dealer's upstairs fixit room.
    Last edited by kamyk; 16th Sep 2008 at 18:21.

Where is the sword ?

Quote Originally Posted by Lightningline View Post
    Where is the sword ?
    Have you been to the city watch station yet? You will find it in the armory there.

d. 30.4.16 Always remembered
    Evidently I'm missiong something obvious, but I'm stuck and I can't enter Bafford's house.

I went into the City Watch and I got the sewers' key, but it seems that there is no way to go into Bafford's house from there. There is a well in the "upper" sewers, with a pail, but no rope. I have a rope arrow, but obviously I can't shoot it whil I'm in the water.

Any hint please?

Quote Originally Posted by Lady Rowena View Post
    Evidently I'm missiong something obvious, but I'm stuck and I can't enter Bafford's house.

I went into the City Watch and I got the sewers' key, but it seems that there is no way to go into Bafford's house from there. There is a well in the "upper" sewers, with a pail, but no rope. I have a rope arrow, but obviously I can't shoot it whil I'm in the water.

Any hint please?
    You can

Quote Originally Posted by kittykat View Post
    You can
    Really?! I stayed ten minutes down there looking around....
    Well, I'll try again.

Quote Originally Posted by Lady Rowena View Post
    Really?! I stayed ten minutes down there looking around....
    Well, I'll try again.
    edit

No way....I surrender.

Can I have a direct spoiler please?

FW:FW:FW: SO TRUE!!!
    Did you use your telescopic EYE to minutely examine the area? Sometimes using the "magic" EYE will let you pickup on subtle nuances. If you are not sure, shoot a BROADHEAD into it. If it sticks, a ROPE ARROW WILL STICK, and you don't lose your Ropes if you only have one or two.

Lady Rowena - You have a rope arrow, you just need to find someplace that you CAN use it. Head back to town and explore a bit.

Do you mean....in the water? Or somewhere else? Because I just CAN'T shoot an arrow while I'm in the water......and there is nothing I can climb on.

Ok, I have just read your last hint Tannar. Thanks.

I was able to shoot my ropearrow while in water.

Sure about that

Why not try? It worked for me over and over.

But I seem to be missing a lockpick. Did I miss that in the armory? Guess I'll have to backtrack a bit. I've finally made it inside Baffords.

This water is made I think with fill with water brush or one of those others...in any case, it is not standard water and weapons can be used within it...or the author altered the properties for what he used...though I highly doubt that as the water felt a lot like that used in Temple of the Tides when the place flooded

Not sure that is intentional. There is a perfect place to shoot a rope arrow from in the Antique Dealer's attic that seems set there specifically for that purpose. It's where I shot from anyway.
    Last edited by kamyk; 17th Sep 2008 at 03:02.

Yes, you CAN shoot the rope arrow while
    spoiler:
    in the well water
    =)

Now then...

Where in the high holy hell is
    spoiler:
    the switch to the secret room in the basement of the shop? I SEE the door, and the hints file says theres a door there, but i can't figure out how to open it >_<
    Last edited by EmperorSteele; 17th Sep 2008 at 18:45.

Quote Originally Posted by EmperorSteele View Post
    Where in the high holy hell is
    spoiler:
    the REAL Scepter? I found the fake knock-off, but i can't seem to locate the real thing and i've been all over the map 3 times >_<

spoiler:
    the switch to the secret room in the basement of the shop? I SEE the door, and the hints file says theres a door there, but i can't figure out how to open it >_<
    The way to the real sceptre is very near the fake one. And the switch in the basement is very near the secret door.
    Last edited by Tannar; 17th Sep 2008 at 19:14.

D'oh!

Yeah, i found it, and changed my spoiler to ask a different question.

Speaking of...

spoiler:
    When are FM authors gonna stop using tiny switches and secret hiding spaces as the end-all, be-all of challenging gameplay?

Don't get me wrong, it was a pretty good mission overall, but this is like the 3rd or 4th "find the tiny switches" type mission that i've played recently and... well, it's starting to wear on me a bit (Mostly cuz i suck at finding tiny switches)

I was unable to shoot my rope arrow while in the water, but when i went back later it worked. So it looks like it tends to come and go.

It's also refreshing to have a big bunch of keys on a key rack instead of hunting for them. Also in the Yearly Memo book, the last line of the first page, keeps repeating on the last line of the other pages, so it needs fixing

All this mission does is piss me off. How are you supposed to get into the watch station and get the sword? To light..loud floors..to many guards. The only way in that seems sneeky to me is via the coach outback and it seems impossible to me. Any suggestions ?

Any suggestions ?
    There are moss arrows at the art dealer's and under the paddy wagon and you can turn off lights in the watch station. You can jump on the wheel of the wagon and mantle up to get in the back window. Once you make it to the armory you will have other options.

All this mission does is piss me off. How are you supposed to get into the watch station and get the sword? To light..loud floors..to many guards. The only way in that seems sneeky to me is via the coach outback and it seems impossible to me. Any suggestions ?
    I am assuming you don't mind KOs. For me finding the blackjack was what got me going. I used the police wagon behind the station and then climbed in through the window, turned off the light there and KOed any guards. Then i moved through the station doing the same thing, until every guard was in noddly land.

Never found the BJ, didn't know there was one, but I did manage to get enough keys to run my ass off to the armory, open it and get the swordthen I ran back outside on top of the cart/wagon, waited for the guards to settle down enough to kill everybody in and around the building. I have never been so happy to kill a bunch of bluecoats, never ! Thx guys...

Well this mission certainly wins the contest for the most number of keys for a small mission, with its 28 keys.