TTLG|Thief|Bioshock|System Shock|Deus Ex|Mobile
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: pavlovscat's 2008 Third Quarter FM Review

btw: too bad "Bloody Flounder’s Inn" and "Balfour’s Secret" were never translated into English .

btw: too bad "Bloody Flounder’s Inn" and "Balfour’s Secret" were never translated into English .
    What? I did the translation of "Bloody Flounder’s Inn" as well
    Check this topic:
    http://www.ttlg.com/forums/showthread.php?t=122311

Keeper of FMs

Yes, I posted a link to the proofed English texts. Maybe I'll have a crack at putting it all together in mission form. I have instructions on how to add an English translation from SinisterShadow, but I haven't had time to try.

pavlovscat:

please do - would be great to have it as multilang FM archive with English included .

Keeper of FMs

I'm slammed for the weekend, but I will work on that during the week. If I can get it to work, my intention is to write a tutorial so that, once the texts are translated, other people can do this as well.

Quote Originally Posted by Hiatus View Post
    pavlovscat:

please do - would be great to have it as multilang FM archive with English included .
    I think that this is the makers' or the translators' job. It is necessary to accept it in this form if somebody lets his officially FM out in this manner. I as a not English I suffer rather much with the translation, and many thanks for Linda (Nightwalker) and Bernie who make it perfect finally.

@pavlovscat:

I could do the job for you with putting together an multilanguage release of "Bloody Flounder’s Inn". I've got the proofed texts from you and the german release of the mission, so I only need to set up the folders correctly and would upload it and send the link to you. The author of "Carkess Escape" gave me his permission to translate the mission as well. So I could set up a multilanguage release of this mission and include it to the upload so you only have to check the texts for mistakes if you have some time.

Keeper of FMs

That's great! You can pm or email me the links. I'll proof them, upload them & post the links.

pavlovscat:
    I've sent you an PM containing the links and a short description of what I have changed / done.

Excellent work!

Desperately dodgy geezer
    Quote Originally Posted by pavlovscat View Post
    July 31 – Taonside’s Mortified in MP3 format; Forum Discussion Thread; Taonside (also known as Yandros) has created an incredibly atmospheric tribute using the sounds of the Cradle. I sat in the dark and listened with my best headphones. This track flat out terrified me. Are you brave enough to listen? I bet your heart will race too!
    Pavs, feel free to add a link to my MySpace page, where you can also listen to the track without having to download it. And thanks for the review!

Keeper of FMs

OK, I will do that. And thank you for the good music!

Keeper of FMs

Added:
    Taonside's My Space link
    Valley Multi
    Legend of the Four Elements v3
    Strife v1.1
    Material Museum Texture Demo

Now, I'll work on those English translations.
    Last edited by pavlovscat; 16th Oct 2008 at 01:03. Reason: It's my thread I can double post if I want!! LOL

Just wanted to add my "Thank you" here as well Your reviews give a very good idea of the FMs and help to decide, what to play (Well, what to play first, I guess sooner or later I'll play them all). Especially after taking a brake and not following the new releases and the discussion, you help me a lot to catch up now. A big thank you for that, pavolvscat.

Desperately dodgy geezer
    Good to see you, snowcap!

Keeper of FMs

Glad to be of assistance!

Clearinghouse
    Thanks again, pavlovscat

Click for big enlarge.
    Image by Leira the Lynx (Russian forum).

Keeper of FMs

Thanks, clearing! Please thank Liera for her beautiful art. I've made it my desktop wallpaper!

Clearinghouse
    Quote Originally Posted by pavlovscat View Post
    Please thank Liera for her beautiful art.
    Yes, of course.

I can be very slow on the uptake but I hadn't quite realised how really comprehensive your reviews are. Now that I'm trawling through what I've missed, providing links to the discussion threads means I don't have to do any work at all. All I have to do is play.

I do think it's time you were appointed Official Fan Mission Treasure.

Keeper of FMs

Thanks, nickie, that's sweet. I'll settle for being the Keeper of FMs, though!

My 2007 review did not include the links, but I realized, especially as I work backward in time, that putting the discussion links would be very helpful. I'm glad you find my reviews useful! Eventually, I'll go back & add the discussion links to the 2007 review, too.

Thanks again!

I thought is was appropo that nickie said "treasure" instead of "treasurer"!

Keeper of FMs

The English/German versions are ready for download:
    The Bloody Flounder's Inn
    Carkess' Escape

Many thanks to intruder for his translations and all his help in getting the files setup!!

another thanks

Just another thank-ee. I've been using your reviews to make sure I haven't missed any goodies, cos that would NEVER DO !!

Your comments and descriptions are most helpful. Thanks again from Lomondtaffer.

Keeper of FMs

You're welcome! Glad you enjoy them.