TTLG|Thief|Bioshock|System Shock|Deus Ex|Mobile

Thread: CoSaS Release Pack 6 - 103 Chairs

The Architect

CoSaS Release Pack 6 - 103 Chairs

These always take so much longer to put together than I think they will. Redleaf was relentless in her creation of far more objects than we could ever use.

Download - 103 Chairs!
    R Soul's fixed sofas

Other Packs: 178 Beds - Portcullises & Ladders - 18 Keys - Tinderbox & Flares - 103 Chairs - Chests, Boxes, and Luggage - Folded Clothes - Books and Scrolls - Light Gem & Health Shields - 80 Doors - Tiffany Lamps - Tables & Stands - Noble Skins & Drunk Voice - Lights of all Types - Desks, Cabinets, and Dressers - Drapes - Musical - Flowers - Bookcases - Loot - Pub Set - Bathroom Set - Gambling Set - Bow & Quiver - Dagger Motions

I believe that all of these are stock T2 objects which have been retextured by redleaf. Some of them probably need a little extra work in order to look "just right". Amusingly, only 39 of these were in Mission X.

There is one custom object - the rextextured ramsofa chair was done before the EP object was created, but I redid one of them using the EP version to see how hard it would be to upgrade them all to the new bin file. It was worth it for one, which was used in MX, but I decided not to worry about the others. That single upgraded version is included, but the rest still use the old T1 object.

I just have this impression that people in MX have awfully tired legs, hence this huge demand for so many beds and chairs, lol.

Some of these skins are looking great!

Cool Chairs!
    now how do I get em into dromed?
    I'm using dromed1 so are they surely working on it?

Goody goody...I know just what to do with these!

The Architect
    Yes, very very tired.

Nice Chairs & Sofas!,

do you mind if i use them to fill my furniture shop? I'm still working on a small FM

The Architect
    For the next pack I was going to do cabinets, dressers, desks, tables, and stands, but as everything was adding up I started to think that maybe I should divide each category into its own package. The other issue is that some of these have openable versions. What do you guys think? all in one pack, or a pack for each type, or maybe cut it up into two or three packs? Keep the openable versions in a separate pack? Include openable furniture with the new chests? What?

Kinda arbitrary, right now, but it might matter 10 months from now.

The bottom line is - smaller, more focused item-type packages, or bigger, more grab-bag type packages?

Vertical Contest Winner 2009
    grab bags, also, some of these sofas have funny texturing on the arms, like the uv was done from the side rather than above. at first i assumed that it was supposed to be a dust cover like on my grandmas sofa. but it just some texturing error. not sure how many are effected by this.

I agree - Grab bags. Variety being the spice of life and all that.

Either is fine by me. Especially if you include a readme in the zip which describes the contents to some degree, then I can quickly figure out whether what I am looking for is likely to be there. But something about gift horses and looking in mouths tells me to shut up and be especially grateful no matter how you decide to package it.

So, thank you very much!

I've used the chairs and the beds so far and each had a .mis file with all the items on display. Way cool that! It was like walking around a furniture store! Let's see...I'll take that one and that one and OH looky at that one!

Ottoj55
    some of these sofas have funny texturing on the arms, like the uv was done from the side rather than above.
    That's right, the texturing of certain objects is unrefined. Many of the original objects are that way by default, probably to save production time and money. For me, it began to feel wasteful to spend so much time on things that might never see the light of day. I also had a lot of other things to work on for MX. So I began to wait until Digi told me which designs had been chosen before adding the final touches to some object textures. And we were getting
    ... very very tired.
    A quick note to consider about future packs - grab bags are cool, but huge files are difficult and almost impossible for some taffers to download. Also, the objects are easier to load into and find in your own inventory if they're already pre-sorted by category.

The Architect
    I've just re-uploaded this archive. There was a problem with the mis file gallery that prevented some people from opening it. The file should be fixed now, but it's hard for me to test it myself because I never get the error.

d. 30.4.16 Always remembered
    It's fixed, thanks.

The new textures look very nice, but their extra detail has highlighted some rather poor UV mapping on the arms of the sofas and armchairs.

Since I'd like to use some of them in my FM, I decided to try redoing them. This is the first one I did:

I also did the same for the single seat versions.

Then I decided I might as well get the hex editor out and replace the rest of them:
    http://catmanofiowa.com/RSoul/mx_chairs_uv.zip

The Architect
    \o/

Thanks, R!

I take some time off from Thiefy stuff to make money and pay down my debt, I come back, and look! A bunch of nicely fixed chairs, Ahhhhhhh ....

T'anx R. Soul!

Desperately dodgy geezer
    Digi, can you fix this link too? I need the chairs!

The Architect
    Yup!

Nice chairs, i don't know what to choice.

damn.. i need to sit down a little

ehmm.. i never understood a thing about these COSAS features.

since the dromed has some limits..
    expecially the txt16 and the whole textures usage has the limits.
    how did you used all those chairs, lights, doors, dressers.. etc.. etc... ?? O_o

The Architect
    Only a small percentage of these were actually used in MX.