TTLG|Thief|Bioshock|System Shock|Deus Ex|Mobile
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Ponterbee Station V3

Ponterbee Station V3

Ponterbee Station V3 is released. I added a new earth level and some new areas in the existing levels, new custom objects and ai's. Most of the new objects and all new ais's were made by Greenhorn, he also did a new player modell for multiplayer.
    Please note: I had to splitt 3 of the existing levels to avoid multiplayer bugs.

You can take a look at some Screenshots here: Ponterbee Station V3

Special thanks to Greenhorn and NamelessVoice for their help and to Kolya and MsLedd for voiceacting.

You can download it here: http://thiefmissions.com/info.cgi?m=PonterbeeStation

I hope you'll like it.
    Last edited by Christine; 10th Apr 2009 at 16:28. Reason: new download link

You fixed/bypassed the multiplay bug?

WOOHOO!

How do you get off Earth? I've looked around the entire area (I think) and checked off three objectives. Now what?

Go to the conference room in the unn recruitment centre.

Ponterbee uses custom scripts, make sure that the nvscript.osm is in your SShock2 directory.

Wonderful! This gives me an excuse to play Ponterbee again.

I was wondering if you could do us a favor though, Christine? It's not clear at a quick glance on your website, as to which SS2 FMs have been updated. Would you be able to put some kind of note on each FM page for the missions that you've updated?

Thanks in advance.

Shocking Ruins and Ponterbee Station have been updated. The other missions will follow soon.

Clearinghouse
    Beautiful, Christine

Whats been added to Shocking Ruins?

@ iceman - I didn't make many changes in Shocking Ruins, I just made it multiplayer ready. http://www.ttlg.com/forums/showthrea...02#post1776902

I am playing V3 now. Silence the disCORD!!

Where is the commander on the Med/Sci deck?

The commander isn't on the med/sci deck, you'll find him later, on the command deck

Quote Originally Posted by Christine View Post
    The commander isn't on the med/sci deck, you'll find him later, on the command deck
    The thing is that I am stuck. I have been to all the decks, and I have sent the message to UNN Nightwalker. The only things left to do in my notes are 'find the commander' and two unused codes for core control 1 and core control 2. I can't find these two locations. I may have hacked entry, I'm not sure. Are they hackable? if not, I assume I have to find them. Where are they?

And I'd better figure out why openDarkEngine crashes on loading the earth level of Ponterbee Station...
    Last edited by Haplo; 1st Nov 2008 at 06:03.

The commander is on the second command deck, on the bridge. Go to the conference room to find him and the 3rd code. You'll need this codes on the engineering deck, in engineering controll.

I can't help you with openDarkEngine.
    Last edited by Christine; 1st Nov 2008 at 11:23.

Thanks!

And what I said about openDarkEngine was just a statement, not a question or request for help. I am one of the developers of openDarkEngine and today I discovered that although it works fine on original SS2 levels, for some reason it crashes when trying to open the earth level of Ponterbee station. That means there is a bug in the openDarkEngine code that we we have to find and fix.

Now to the command deck!

I just don't know anything about openDarkEngine, so I'm not able to say something useful
    maybe it has something to do with the new objects or AIs? The cars are using S&R to make damage? Sorry, I have no idea... But when the original levels work fine, it may be some of the new stuff. Does the other levels from Ponterbee works?

No, they all crash, and it is a problem with the objects indeed. But we will find it sooner or later, that is what development is all about. And thanks to Ponterbee Station, a potentially serious bug was exposed!

It was caused by the gamesys file - it contains concrete properties and links, without objvec telling us there is an object with the id of the prop/link(src/target).

Christine: Just out of curiosity - did you do anything unusal with the gamesys file? I never saw a gamesys with concrete links/properties before (aside from DefaultRoom with ID 1, but that one has DonorType - so it's an archetype).

I'm not sure, if I understand you right.

Of Course, I made a lot of additions to the gamesys: I added new objects, textures and I reload the schemas.
    None of my Fanmissions are compertible with any gamesys-mod.

No problem, it just seems that the GAM file also contains a part of some mission (properties of objects, links to concrete objects) - so I was curious if this was "Shocked gone mad", or if you for example lost the gamesys file and recreated it from VBR file or something like that

Good work, btw!

"Shocked is mad"

I used some vbr files for this kind of stuff that allways should look the same, like the replicators. Could this causing the problem?

Ahh, sorry, I meant COW file, not a VBR file.

I'm not a dromed/shocked expert but anyway it's our (openDarkEngine) project problem that needed fixing - the original dark engine evidently hadles your files just fine

now I understand what you mean.

That's my usual way when I'm building a mission, no matter if in Dromed or Shocked. I save the level as cow file, until it is done. That never causes problems with Thief II or SS2. I'm sorry that this is a problem for openDarkEngine.

Well, now it's not - I've fixed it Thanks for letting us fix the problem by revealing it with your work!

Awesome Christine! Thanks!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast