TTLG|Thief|Bioshock|System Shock|Deus Ex|Mobile
Page 2 of 29 FirstFirst 123456712172227 ... LastLast

Thread: T2 Dracula Reloaded 2.0 New Dark (27/03/2013)

I was never able to play this on the original release because it crashed hard - I'm hoping this one works well, especially after the Bathory series which I enjoyed immensly.

Finished part 4. You have a knack for impressive architecture, Sensut. Poienari castle in part 3 and the Darkthrone castle are amazing. This just shows what you can do with a 10-year-old game engine despite its limitations.

A question about a secret in part 4: Under the sarcophagus in the catacombs, there is only an empty cavity. Is this supposed to be empty or have I overlooked something?
    There also is a dead end on the stairway you can enter from the room behind the library, if you go up. Is there anything beyond the grate? I couldn't find a way in.

As for the mission itself, the story pulled me forward, and the climbing sequence is very well done. I did expect some undead, but their number was unexpected. I got fed up with them fast, especially with all the backtracking up and back down within the castle, and ended up killing all of them. Not exactly how I prefer my Thief missions , but seeing 54 kills in the debriefing statistics does give, in this case, some satisfaction. I also almost managed to get stuck on the roof: When reaching one balcony with a guard and a note on the sill, Gellert casually mentions that he might be able to get up to the roof from here. The fact is, you *can* get up to the roof from here, before having gone through the throne room, so that the door back down is still locked from the other side. If you haven't already collected some slow-fall potions, you can get stuck up there, given that it is often not possible to climb the same rope down you used to go up, depending on its placement.

The story continues be interesting. You manage to put an epic aspect into it which is quite rare for a Thief FM sequence (of the OMs, only TDP does it with any success), but it does get confusing where aspects taken from various disparate sources don't seem to fit together very well. Especially the Belial connection, even as re-interpreted as it is, looks out-of-place in more than one way, although I now understand better why you put it in the Bathory campaign as well (BTW, nice foreshadowing elements down in the catacombs and in the library). More about this and other aspects that seem inconsistent after I've finished the campaign. You also cannot avoid to notice that the story shadows the classic storyline for the first two missions, and then veers off on a tangent. I'm still not sure what bringing Dracula to the Darkthrone is supposed to accomplish. The notes for part 3 or 4 say he will then leave the world forever (why would he want this as he appears to?), but from the notes for part 5 I gather that this doesn't happen. I'll continue to try and make sense of it, maybe part 5 will resolve these elements...

Quote Originally Posted by Ieldra View Post
    A question about a secret in part 4: Under the sarcophagus in the catacombs, there is only an empty cavity. Is this supposed to be empty or have I overlooked something?
    There also is a dead end on the stairway you can enter from the room behind the library, if you go up. Is there anything beyond the grate? I couldn't find a way in.
    There is a mask loot under the sarcofagus. It's not empty, I checked right now
    You can't pass the grate in that way, but the way ends in the Earth chamber.

I've looked around here, but can't find the answer:

Where do I find Dracula's sword and the souvenir in the first mission?

Quote Originally Posted by Unkillable Cat View Post
    I've looked around here, but can't find the answer:

Where do I find Dracula's sword and the souvenir in the first mission?
    In the cache, a door on the ground beside the big hall doorway.

Ah, yummy!

Any fabulous new series on the works, Sensut?
    FM in Progress: Bane III
    Previous FMs: CoSaS III- THE NINE YEAR SLEEP (content released), Keep of Deceit, Cult of the Damned and A Keeper's Betrayal.

Whoa, call me clueless but when I downloaded this (I didn't look at the file size), I thought it was just the first mission with a whole lot of improvements, it turns out it's the whole series??!

Anyway, I'm stuck on the first mission which has apparently changed a lot since the last time I played it. I'm right at Dracula's castle, I've found the sword, but I still can't figure out how to get into the cell Mina is being held in. Little help please?

Edit: Nevermind, figured it out right after posting, as usual. The first mission was awesome, virtually unrecognizable from its original release. I always thought this mission was good, but it's really been elevated to something truly great here. Anyway, onto mission 2...
    Last edited by The Mike; 17th Nov 2008 at 16:06.

Sensut: Thanks for the first hint, but now I need another one. I'm in part 2 and have found my way down into the crypt, but I can't open the door down there. Ali propably knows, but he won't say a word...

Also, I think I've found a secret in the throne room but I can't find a way to open it. Any hints?

This release is even better than your 1st Dracula series. The atmosphere is indeed gloomy and sinister. I think it is beautifully done from an eerie, occult standpoint. I realize you're telling a story, and I'm not trying to rationalize if it follows the script or not. This series is entertainment and I have enjoyed it as such.

In part 3 I understand the code, but must be punching in the wrong numbers. Spoil me please. I must be getting lazy.

FTI, I had no frame rate slowdown in the kitchen area in part 3.

Dawggon, it's 1476.

That was quick, NW. Thank you!

Quote Originally Posted by Unkillable Cat View Post
    Sensut: Thanks for the first hint, but now I need another one. I'm in part 2 and have found my way down into the crypt, but I can't open the door down there. Ali propably knows, but he won't say a word...

The key on the sarcofagus in the lair opens the chapel door, the sword on the cross opens the secret door.

Also, I think I've found a secret in the throne room but I can't find a way to open it. Any hints?
    A small arching lever on the backside of the throne opens this safe.

And don't forget, some helps are in HERE.

//

Need some help....How do I get the mission started? (This is in the mansion at the very beginning) I have already taken and read the note, but now I am still stuck!

I forgot HOW I got out of the room I am staying in. What do I do?

Quote Originally Posted by webe123 View Post
    Need some help....How do I get the mission started? (This is in the mansion at the very beginning) I have already taken and read the note, but now I am still stuck!

I forgot HOW I got out of the room I am staying in. What do I do?
    Take your bag.

Quote Originally Posted by theImmortalThief View Post
    Ah, yummy!

Any fabulous new series on the works, Sensut?
    Unfortunately is not and will not be new series. I finish the Bathory thing and this was everything from me. I started losing the patience unfortunately to the things like Dromed, and I would like to leave properly the things after me. This Reload I did it because of this.

Part 1: About to enter Dracula's Castle, & the first obj hasn't ticked off - just keep going or have I missed something?

Thanx.
    Last edited by Sticky Fingers; 18th Nov 2008 at 09:59.

Quote Originally Posted by Sticky Fingers View Post
    Part 1: About to enter Dracula's Castle, & the first obj hasn't ticked off - just keep going or have I missed something?

Thanx.
    Yes, you have missed the letter at the fire camp, right at the start where the 3 turks was killed by the verewolf. Or your notes. Needs both to complete the reading objective.

Thanx, Sensut - get it on the way back, in the catacombs now.

I've always thought The Love Thief one of the darkest & most sinister FM's, & you've done a great job expanding & improving on it without losing any of that.

Anyway, four more parts to go...

I need help in the final chapter: I'm at the dungeon ruins with the five towers, and don't know how to continue. I guess where I need to go is that walled-up corridor below the stairs in the central tower, but I can't find a way to remove the wall. Or I'm on a wrong track... I think I have explored all the towers.
    BTW, if there is one of Igor's messages in this area - I would appreciate some help from him - I haven't found it.

I need help in the final chapter: I'm at the dungeon ruins with the five towers, and don't know how to continue. I guess where I need to go is that walled-up corridor below the stairs in the central tower, but I can't find a way to remove the wall. Or I'm on a wrong track... I think I have explored all the towers.
    BTW, if there is one of Igor's messages in this area - I would appreciate some help from him - I haven't found it.
    If you found Igor's message 2 just continue your way to the ruins, you are on the right way. Otherwise the exit from the dungeon is by a same hole as where you entered there.

Oh, I forgot: this Vlad's Dungeon is one of the new scenes in this Reloaded which was not in the Original campaign. It is instead of the earlier Thieves Den.
    Last edited by Sensut; 18th Nov 2008 at 19:36.

Quote Originally Posted by Sticky Fingers View Post
    Anyway, four more parts to go...
    Just ask me, I'm here .

My computer is acting up or my Thief II CD is wearing out? I am getting a split screen when I go to 'escape' and hard save. When I look at the map, or book, I see only the right side. Any ideas???

That aside, I am having trouble getting started on the Final Chapter.
    Read my notes but can't go beyond that.

Quote Originally Posted by Dawggon View Post
    My computer is acting up or my Thief II CD is wearing out? I am getting a split screen when I go to 'escape' and hard save. When I look at the map, or book, I see only the right side. Any ideas???

That aside, I am having trouble getting started on the Final Chapter.
    Read my notes but can't go beyond that.
    Your 1st question I don't really understand

The second question: you need one more reading, behind the "hype" rock is a letter (under the stone just after reading your notes, Igor's 1st clue).

Finished part 4. . . I'll continue to try and make sense of it, maybe part 5 will resolve these elements...
    This is a long analysis, but nobody understood the story though I it receive It is true that is complicated, and let us not talk about it here. PM me if you are interested the story. Is complicated even HIS history. Anyway I force the reading because of this along the campaign

Quote Originally Posted by Sensut View Post
    If you found Igor's message 2 just continue your way to the ruins, you are on the right way. Otherwise the exit from the dungeon is by a same hole as where you entered there.
    No, I haven't found that message yet. As for holes filled with water, I'm aware of three: the one I came in, one in the west tower and one in another tower with a piece of wood and two frogbeasts. None of these is an exit....so what have I missed?
    Or are you telling me this area is a dead and, and I must find another exit from the water-filled cave?

PM me if you are interested the story
    All right. I'll do that.....once I'm through part 5.

Page 2 of 29 FirstFirst 123456712172227 ... LastLast