TTLG|Thief|Bioshock|System Shock|Deus Ex|Mobile
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 25 of 35

Thread: The Library Series, by Wizard

  1. #1

    The Library Series, by Wizard

    Hello all...
    I'm back in the Thief scene, and playing some missions I never got around too. Ive been playing The Library series by Wizard, which as some of you may recall, was never finished. It was going to be 5 parts, but he only got the first 2 parts, The Town and The Basement finished. However, I spoke to him ages ago, and he sent me copies of the last 3 missions. I'm on the 2nd Floor mission, and am having trouble finding the Precursor Mask. I was wondering if there were any testers out there who have played this mission, or if anybody has Wizard's updated contact info...
    The e-mail address in his readme, and on The Keep's author page, is dead.

  2. #2
    Keeper of FMs
    Registered: Oct 2004
    Location: Meraux, LA
    You are mean to tease those of us who haven't seen them!!
    I certainly wish he had finished them. It sounds like they were pretty close to done.

  3. #3
    Moderator
    Registered: May 2000
    Location: Thunder Bay, On., Canada
    I was one on his betatesters but I'm pretty sure he never got as far as testing the 2nd floor. He was testing the 1st floor one when he quit, if I recall correctly. I have some beta notes on that but not on anything further.

  4. #4
    Well the guy said I could do whatever I wanted with them...
    And Ide be glad to pass them along to you, but youll need a REALLY fast CPU to play the 1st, 2nd, and 3rd floors. I have a quad core and 2 nvidia cards, and it still chokes just a bit.

  5. #5
    Member
    Registered: Jun 1999
    Location: Belgium
    Could you upload them somewhere ?
    Assuming its ok with the author.

  6. #6
    Member
    Registered: Mar 2003
    Location: Still hoarding rope arrows
    Quote Originally Posted by LaughingMan008 View Post
    Hello all...
    I'm back in the Thief scene, and playing some missions I never got around too. Ive been playing The Library series by Wizard, which as some of you may recall, was never finished. It was going to be 5 parts, but he only got the first 2 parts, The Town and The Basement finished. However, I spoke to him ages ago, and he sent me copies of the last 3 missions. I'm on the 2nd Floor mission, and am having trouble finding the Precursor Mask. I was wondering if there were any testers out there who have played this mission, or if anybody has Wizard's updated contact info...
    The e-mail address in his readme, and on The Keep's author page, is dead.
    His other screen name is Keyplayer, and the email address is thekeyplayer1954-at-Yahoo.com Perhaps that one might work

    I had no idea he had gone further with this series than mission #3, which died in beta. It was about three quarters done, too.

  7. #7
    Southquarter.com/fms
    Registered: Apr 2000
    Location: The Akkala Highlands
    Quote Originally Posted by balbaro View Post
    Could you upload them somewhere ?
    Assuming its ok with the author.
    Seconded. I can host them on Southquarter too, as long as the author is cool with it.

  8. #8
    Sounds good to me....
    But Im waiting to hear from Wizard. If you did put them on South Quarter, you should make sure people know that they need a very fast CPU. Maybe give them their own little page with a notice that they could crash your system. Heh.

    Btw Moghedian, all the levels APPEAR to be fully built. But I haven't looked around the last one yet. The only things that seem to be missing are the objectives on the final mission.

  9. #9
    Member
    Registered: Mar 2003
    Location: Still hoarding rope arrows
    Quote Originally Posted by LaughingMan008 View Post
    Sounds good to me....
    But Im waiting to hear from Wizard. If you did put them on South Quarter, you should make sure people know that they need a very fast CPU. Maybe give them their own little page with a notice that they could crash your system. Heh.

    Btw Moghedian, all the levels APPEAR to be fully built. But I haven't looked around the last one yet. The only things that seem to be missing are the objectives on the final mission.
    Not surprising. He had tried to put the third mission through beta a long time ago, and probably got bit by the dromed bug again

  10. #10
    Wizard gave me the go ahead to distribute these missions....

    How should I go about it? XD

  11. #11
    bikerdude
    Guest
    Pav/nightwalker, how about hosting these so the rest of us can play..?

    biker

  12. #12
    Moderator
    Registered: May 2000
    Location: Thunder Bay, On., Canada
    That's all up to Pav and Digi. I only moderate.

  13. #13
    Keeper of FMs
    Registered: Oct 2004
    Location: Meraux, LA
    Sorry, guys...asleep at the keyboard. I'll get them uploaded later today.

  14. #14
    bikerdude
    Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by pavlovscat View Post
    Sorry, guys...asleep at the keyboard. I'll get them uploaded later today.
    your a star!


  15. #15
    Keeper of FMs
    Registered: Oct 2004
    Location: Meraux, LA
    Here are the files:
    Library First Floor
    Library Second Floor
    Library Third Floor

    Keep in mind that these are not completed missions. Have fun!

  16. #16
    Yes....
    You need a very fast computer to run Floors 1 and 2. But they are both more or less finished.....

    However, Floor 3 isnt done, there are no objectives, and lots of invisible enemies!

  17. #17
    Clearinghouse
    Registered: Aug 2002
    Location: Siberia, Russia
    Nice Thanks, pavlovscat!

  18. #18
    Member
    Registered: Aug 2006
    Location: Great. Now I can't get back in
    Quote Originally Posted by LaughingMan008 View Post
    youll need a REALLY fast CPU to play the 1st, 2nd, and 3rd floors. I have a quad core and 2 nvidia cards, and it still chokes just a bit.
    Oh well, that counts me out

    Is any author (incl Wizard) planning to take on & fully complete these missions (& maybe reduce the hardware requirements)?

  19. #19
    That's the reason he quit....
    In order to reduce the hardware requirments, hed have to more or less REDO everything. I would really like to see somebody finish the final mission though.

  20. #20
    Member
    Registered: Feb 2007
    Location: South Coast,England uk
    Just played the first two...floor one and floor two....they were quite good,but the sheer scale of the place was too much ,should have been lowered a bit.. ..so much large spaces to cover by marching around.But I got all the necessary.... had a good look round and tormented the folks in the library as one must of course .

    I tried floor 3 and went up on the elevator and game crashed...with error report etc...so couldnt do that part..

    I did enjoy the missions tho,and as I have no more fms to play at the moment they nicely filled a gap for me..

    Hettie x

  21. #21
    Member
    Registered: Oct 2005

    2nd Floor Question

    Greetings to all members of the forum,

    the scale of the levels is amazing.

    I have finished the first floor, and I am currently playing the second one. I bonked everyone inside, marginally satisfied the loot requirement, with 2,820 lots of coins laying around on desks and shelves, but the only objective remaining is to find the key. I have been roaming around for a while now with no luck.

    Given the scale of the place, any help will be greatly appreciated.

    Also, I read above that the third floor crashes when loaded. Is this a common occurence?

    Thanks and happy taffing,
    AndrewPhD

  22. #22
    Member
    Registered: Nov 2004
    Location: Australia
    I suppose no one is willing to take on the missions as it would great if somebody does hopefully

    Would need heaps of betatesters through cos of the sheer size of it

  23. #23

  24. #24
    Keeper of FMs
    Registered: Oct 2004
    Location: Meraux, LA
    Here are the updated Circle links for the 2 released missions:
    Library 1: The Town
    Library 2: The Basement

    Here are the updated Circle links for the 3 incomplete missions:
    Library: First Floor
    Library: Second Floor
    Library: Third Floor

  25. #25
    Member
    Registered: Oct 2005

    Found it

    Hi all,

    just finished the Second Floor. I had some trouble finding the key. Just in case anyone else is looking it is in the corner office with the lady in the blue dress, which has an anter-room with a secretary. Open small painting on wall

    Great levels, great fun. Thanks Wizard!

    Best to all,
    AndrewPhD

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •