TTLG|Thief|Bioshock|System Shock|Deus Ex|Mobile
Page 26 of 35 FirstFirst ... 611162122232425262728293031 ... LastLast

Thread: T2 Multiplayer Beta Released

New version released (build 218): Download here.

- Added an objectives menu overlay.
    - Fixed a crash when joining a server after having previously been in a game the host had left.
    - Restarting the mission from the main menu now allows new players to join the server.
    - The server now prevents clients from joining with a different motiondb.bin or mission file.
    - Added ability to kick players from the players menu (accessed by pressing tab).
    - Added an option to increase game difficulty. Enabling it will make AI more responsive and alert, and prevents the lean forward + blackjack combination.
    - Fixed body carrying for the host. Clients still cannot pick up bodies.

I've also decided to release the source code which you can download here. I only ask that you release the code for any improvements that you may make, as this has been released under the GPL license. I've disabled the global server functionality in the public source to keep only official builds listed on the GS.

Fair warning: the code is a bit of a mess and not very well commented. You will need either VS 2003 or 2008 to build it. I added the 2008 project a few days ago and haven't tested .dlls built with it very thoroughly so it may be buggier than usual. All of the public releases have been compiled with VS 2003. I've included the IDA Pro 5.5 database containing the disassembly of thief2.exe that I work from in thief2_ida.7z in the root directory.

If you have any trouble getting the source to compile or have any other questions, feel free to ask.
    Last edited by Tos; 4th Oct 2013 at 00:25.

thank you!

any chance for zipped (non-setup) version, please?

I'd actually decided to phase the .zip releases out -- is there much of a need for one? You can always install the setup to a temporary folder if you just want a couple of the files -- it doesn't add any registry or add/remove entries. The setup version also has the added advantage of not overwriting thief2.exe if it's already been patched.

Is it posible to allow the player to walk while looking at the objectives like in the map overlays?

• A very rare bug may cause a player to suddenly appear inside of a wall or solid object. This is extremely infrequent, but there is currently no known way to get out of the object once it’s happened other than to restart the mission or reload an earlier save.
    Maybe the "/suicide"-command should be mentioned.

Minor Problem?

I dl'ed the 218 release but it gives me this message, 'MSVCR71.dll was not found'.
    Is there something I'm missing?

Have you downloaded and used (with success) older versions?

Quote Originally Posted by sNeaksieGarrett View Post
    Have you downloaded and used (with success) older versions?
    With release 215, I was able to get to the Multiplayer screen. (There are other questions with that but I'll throw one question at a time :P). With this one I get this message:

I've uploaded a new version of the setup file at the same link that should resolve that problem. This one contains MSVCR71.dll for those that do not have the Visual C++ 2003 runtime installed.

Quote Originally Posted by davidsung View Post
    Is it posible to allow the player to walk while looking at the objectives like in the map overlays?
    I believe so. Not sure why I disabled that to begin with...

I dl'ed it again (The same link that reads '(build 218): Download here.') and I got the same message ^^'

(It's strange because I can even see the file in the directory o.o)

Are you sure it's the same file? Could it be MSVCP71.dll instead?

Objectives window

Hi Tos!

You are a GOD! It works perfectly, cannot find words!

just 1 ask:
    when I check the objectives, it's showed with a big black background. Is it normal? I only ask it, because I saw a screenshot about it earlier, but there was no any black background.

Quote Originally Posted by Tos View Post
    Are you sure it's the same file? Could it be MSVCP71.dll instead?
    Lol, you're right it is. Sorry, I couldn't tell the difference at first ^^'
    Is there anything I can do to fix that? o.o

I just dl'ed the missing file and it works perfectly! ^^ Thanks!

SO, erm, are there any tutorials for how to get started using the multiplayer? ^^'

Thief 2 multiplayer web page

We've just played me and Giskard and it worked well.

I just noticed that on http://thief.procyonserver.com/index.php?page=downloads, when I google it, it still gives me the v. 2.15.

Just wondering if it's updated.

Again, nice work !!

Okay, I've just played the Lost City mission with a friend. Good thing with the overlays, map and objectives. Also good thing you can now see where the host carried dead bodies.
    However, as client I had trouble frobbing objects. Boxes and doors sometimes didn't move (or I didn't hear the "locked" sound), also switches weren't moving although they were working (e.g. light on/off). And some conversations were started a couple of times until everything was messed up and all characters were speaking at the same time.

But else, everything worked fine as usual.

Bugs

Hi!

Yesterday we played, and found 2 bugs on these maps:

Trace the Courier: the loading system is not working. Maybe it causes by the scripted walking sequence of the Courier. Every time we tried to reload, the game was crashed.

Trail of Blood: the server-player couldn't see the client-player, but he (the client) can see the server-player.

I know a simple solution for the first problem, no need to say: don't let to fail the mission , but the second is a strange problem.

Quote Originally Posted by Child Of Karras View Post
    But else, everything worked fine as usual.
    In addition, Tos, since we played a couple of times more, everything above three players doesn't work one way or the other. Either players are disconnected beforehand or other things are screwed up. Plus, we had bugs like vanishing inventory weapons (after a while the blackjack was gone or we had a BJ with sword motions – funny though to have side and overhead cuts with the BJ), players (de-) selecting other players' inventory items but that probably sounds too discouraging for you. After all you did a great job in the first place.

Quote Originally Posted by Giskard View Post
    Hi!

Trail of Blood: the server-player couldn't see the client-player, but he (the client) can see the server-player.

I played Trail of Blood a few weeks ago with someone and encounter no errors so it's very strange that you have that problem

Yeah, yesterday we tried it with TricKsteR80 and it worked successfull. But the Trace the Courier didn't worked. Is there anybody who played that map in coop from start to end?

FMs

Can somebody to recommend a good FM campaign to play in coop? (we tried some, but sometimes there is only 1 blackjack and sword when need to find them, sometimes we met with an elevtor and it doesn't work for the client...etc.)

Thanks

another question: how can we play the T2X in COOP? Is there any special procedure to install that mod? Because I cannot start it after install (the probel is caused by the MP patch)
    Last edited by Giskard; 19th Feb 2011 at 04:47.

The only mission in which the elevator worked to the client(as far as i am concerned) was Life of the Party..

Everytime i played an FM the elevator did not work for the client

There are quiet a lot of Fms i played in co-op with no problem...like Lord Ashton Series for example

Haven't tried T2X yet

T2X works fine.

T2X

Quote Originally Posted by davidsung View Post
    T2X works fine.
    I'm happy if it works, but how?

(the normal install to the existing MP Patched Thief2 doesn't make solution as I wrote above)
    After it I installed T2X into a temporary folder, for ex. "c:\x" I didnt want to install into the original T2 game folder, because I didn't want to T2X overwrite some existing file.
    After it I zipped the installed T2X and putted into my FM folder and started with the Darkloader. This way is good, I could start it but we didn't checked it in coop.

Yes, we could start T2X, and this campaign is really nice in COOP!

But after I realized that we "got" that bug what causes unlimited tools - it means when you pickup a treasure it stays on the table and you get the values, so you can repeat this pickup-procedure forever - I tried to quickload our last save, but the game was crashed. I renamed the ".bak" savegame to ".sav" but the game also crashed.

When will you make a new release TOS?
    (it would be nice to enable the AI to use the ladders and ropes)

I think before adding more features it's rather important to fix bugs that are still there - especially when it comes to more players than two.

Page 26 of 35 FirstFirst ... 611162122232425262728293031 ... LastLast