TTLG|Thief|Bioshock|System Shock|Deus Ex|Mobile
Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast

Thread: Memoirs of a Dead God (Thief 2 Mission - 29th Nov 2008)

Regarding the misleading secret count. I finished the first mission on HARD and recall having found 5 secrets before the objective (of 4 )ticked off.

If I had to venture a guess, I'd say the cashbox hidden behind the banner in the basement is the one that does not register.

I say this because it was the only one of the 5 I had found (up to that point) that didn't require interaction with a button or switch. All you needed to do was frob through the banner and you got the secret notification as soon as the box opened.

Quote Originally Posted by nicked View Post
    Tannar's hints are for mission 2!
    Sorry, I missed the post title!

Quote Originally Posted by elkston View Post
    Regarding the misleading secret count. I finished the first mission on HARD and recall having found 5 secrets before the objective (of 4 )ticked off.

If I had to venture a guess, I'd say the cashbox hidden behind the banner in the basement is the one that does not register.

I say this because it was the only one of the 5 I had found (up to that point) that didn't require interaction with a button or switch. All you needed to do was frob through the banner and you got the secret notification as soon as the box opened.
    That was the only secret I didn't find. (Thanks for the help, BTW) Yet I encountered the same problem that you did.

Keys in Mission 1

I am really stuck in Mission 1 (probably right in front on my face):

1. Key to the upstairs bedroom by the guard and fireplace
    2. Key to the metal door in the basement where Garrett's says "can't go in there"
    3. I have the garden key, but not the key to the room on the roof --- saw a post that it was in the bedroom/drawing room upstairs -- same as my #1 here?

I know, I know, I should have found these already...

Thanks for the help!

@arcanerain

1. It is in the upstairs drawing room on the table next to the sleeping nobleman.
    2. There is no key to that door in mission one. That is the armory. It is not available until mission 2.
    3. Yes, same as #1.

A non fatal bug...
    The armory door can be walked through on both level 1 and level 2

Im stuck finding the secrets. I think I have six. Other objectives are met. Does anyone have a list of seven needed for the expert mission?

KellyG

There's a lootlist (with info about secrets) in the .zip file.

Great mission

Thanks for this one Nicked, when i saw all that chaos playing with the rules of nature in the second mission, i figure out that Constantine was the responsible, and it was , nice idea of playing with the scale where there is two giant rooms , ive also liked the storyline, the gameplay was easygoing , the ambient musics fited well , one of my favourite was the one on the main menu , is the author of the music from the label crunchpod.com ? anyway youve got a good mission here

Im looking foward for more.
    Last edited by Nightwalker; 5th Dec 2008 at 09:02. Reason: added spoiler cover

Stuck on mission 2

Great mission! How do I get back to the sub-basement where the vault is? I'm in the basement but the halls are blocked by these large objects and/or closed portals in the doorways?Thanks!

To get back to the vault area you need to go back through the teleports on the walls. You can't make a direct run for it anymore.

Quote Originally Posted by Elentari View Post
    To get back to the vault area you need to go back through the teleports on the walls. You can't make a direct run for it anymore.
    Oh yeah, I forgot about how I got in there. Thanks!

Quote Originally Posted by Sticky Fingers View Post
    There's a lootlist (with info about secrets) in the .zip file.
    There is only one readme.txt in my zip file. Is it under another extension?

It's "MDGLootlist_Complete" and it's an Excel file.

Quote Originally Posted by Elentari View Post
    Or you can get to the hall outside Morego's bedroom, go through the door in the floor to the library, and go through the forest passages back to the wine cellar. Either way is good!

cardia1: Glad you enjoyed the mission but any chance you could put Spoil tags on some of your post, just for the people looking for hints who might not know all the story yet? Thanks!

Finished with 7/10 secrets on hard. Hopefully a list of them will be forthcoming.
    BTW, the voice of Constantine(?) sounded a lot like Rocky Balboa!

There is a lootlist in the mission zip archive with info on secrets.

Great mission !

Got out quite easily as all the iron beasts were busy attacking the moving burrick's head on the wall

very nice FM

i liked the twist you added to the story after entering the vault...it was pretty cool to be a tiny person

my thanks to you

Very cool mission. Thank you.

One question though:

Does anyone found the secret in the kitchen?

Snakebite - Look under the counter with the food on it.

I don't know how I missed it. Thank you.

I'm in part 2 and need a little help
    I cannot find the armory key. I read the hints on door and captain's diary but i still cannot locate it.

Take the dumbwaiter up from the kitchen to the upstairs dining room. You will find the key there.

Thanks for the 2 Fm! i finished it having a fun!, and well i think, this: two things are ridicule funniest as well : ( I Love It!) :

in the secomd part:

-in this instant: inmedidiately after put the code in the machine and entering to the new section," that voice is Funny"! & the nice music that exit incide house, the house when all the caracters are very littles! music of worms! i love the music!

Last edited by unreal_taffer; 15th Dec 2008 at 16:36.

Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast