TTLG|Thief|Bioshock|System Shock|Deus Ex|Mobile
Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast

Thread: Memoirs of a Dead God (Thief 2 Mission - 29th Nov 2008)

Quote Originally Posted by Tannar View Post
    Snakebite - Look under the counter with the food on it.
    aaaaaaah thats the one I missed, thanks

well that was highly enjoyable I think I'm going to have to play that one again sometime soon

excellent mission, nicked you are on the beer list

Memoirs of a Dead God...

Not-so thinly veiled Barb Hendee reference?

i love that music inside the little house, it is crazy

Quote Originally Posted by chis View Post
    Memoirs of a Dead God...

Not-so thinly veiled Barb Hendee reference?
    Who? Sorry, just thought it sounded kinda cool...

Nicked have a look here: http://www.nobledead.com/

Recommended reading for Thief fans, there's a distinctly "dark-ages, burning torches, dark shadows, haunted forests" vibe to these novels. They've diminished in quality after Traitor To The Blood, though.

great missions!!!
    thank you nicked for giving us taffers a blast of a time

Another jewel in FM collection Just finished first part. IMHO it is too hard to find so many secrets especially on expert. With secrets objective I found bug - it was checked on only when I found 8th secret.

that music is about worms!

sounds to worms dancing!

it is for worms

I have all the objectives completed and I get blackjacked when I go back to the starting point

This gets me in prison and completes the mission? Did I miss something?

Regards

VP

If you've been reading the stuff around the mansion, you probably have all the story. Just go on to mission 2 to find out what happens.

Quote Originally Posted by Elentari View Post
    If you've been reading the stuff around the mansion, you probably have all the story. Just go on to mission 2 to find out what happens.
    "Probably" is the key word! I am afraid that it is not the case... I could use hints... Please

Hints for what, exactly? Where exactly are you stuck? If you finished mission one, which it sounds as if you did, then you start mission two, and what have you done that you are stuck?

Quote Originally Posted by Velvet Paw View Post
    I have all the objectives completed and I get blackjacked when I go back to the starting point

This gets me in prison and completes the mission? Did I miss something?
    This is the way mission one is supposed to end. It sounds like you haven't missed anything.

Thank the lord for the optional KO function

I don't want to read any spoilers since I just started the game. I do have a question though. Is the armory door a bug? I read there was no sense in looking for the key, but when I leaned towards the door to see if that room was the armory I just went right through the door so I could get all the weapons & I was able to leave too, pretty cool bug...hehe

Yes, that is a bug. One that somehow managed to slip past us in beta testing, too. You're not *supposed* to be able to get in there until you get the key, and get a glimpse of whats going on in the house.

If it's not too much trouble, can someone make a list of the secrets in Mission 1?

There's an Excel doc in the .zip called "MDGLootlist_Complete" which indicates were they all are.
    (In the kitchen, look under the shelf in the 'pantry'.)

I can't find how to get to pit under the maid's bed. I even checked that there really is one, by bringing a bedroll and sliding it on the floor there - where it did a perfect "cartoon physics" trick by first stopping then falling down Looked all around, and blindly frobbed all around, I can't find anything resembling a switch or whatever.

CheeseshireCat - Look on top of the tall wardrobe.

Summer Vacation Contest Winner 2010

Excellent! Excellent! Excellent is all I can say!

Wow! I finally got a chance to play this Nicked, and I must say, It is Fun!
    A superb story, and a great challenge. Special effects were cool to say the least.

On normal difficulty, I finished in 2 hours, 12 minutes, and only found4 out of 10 secrets.

You have a superb imagination, and great skills as an Author.

Distant Quasar

Fun mission

I just finished part 1 and enjoyed it very much. The readables had me in stiches.
    - eep!

d. 30.4.16 Always remembered
    LOL did all the second part swearing against the author because in spite of playing on Normal, the mission was insanely difficult to me.

I had only found a few brodhead arrows somewhere and I went on trying to kill the enemies one by one, with no clue on where to go. No rope arrows, no water arrows, nothing!
    Finally I found the key of the armory, when I had only one arrow left, and I managed to kill everyone.

On my way back to the beginning I realized that I had missed the sword!
    Sorry Nicked, I hope that your ears are not hissing too much! (I hope that it makes sense in English ).

It was a good challenge, after all! Good work, a very imaginative mission!

I'm not finished though, I needed the rope arrows to go and take a certain key......

Quote Originally Posted by Lady Rowena View Post
    swearing against the author
    Most players would never do such a thing...

lol Rowena Nothing like missing the 'obvious' to make you feel silly. (Specially considering I spent an HOUR trying to figure out how to get started in "Bafford's Town House" last night. NOthing I tried worked until I found the second lockpick. Which of course was right in front of my nose the whole time. Grrr. lol So you're not alone!) But hey, you're good if you got as far as you did without that sword.

You should have also found some water arrows near the start to help you get rolling.

But yeah, seriously, if you managed that far with that bit of equipment you did really well!

Quote Originally Posted by Lady Rowena View Post
    On my way back to the beginning I realized that I had missed the sword!
    Argh! You're not supposed to be able to get out of the basement without either rope arrows or the sword... The rope arrows should be needed to claim the key from the upside down room and the sword to slash the wooden blockade. Exiting through the library should require rope arrows as well...

Oh well, I'm glad you've stuck with it despite the lack of weapons, and hopefully find it a bit easier now you've got a sword! It should be possible (or nearly possible anyway) to ghost mission 2, but it'd be a hell of a challenge... I tried to design it to be more fun to hack n slash your way through mission 2, to counter the forced ghost of the previous mission!

Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast