TTLG|Thief|Bioshock|System Shock|Deus Ex|Mobile
Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 234567

Thread: Memoirs of a Dead God (Thief 2 Mission - 29th Nov 2008)

Quote Originally Posted by nicked View Post
    There's an automap so you can see where you've been!
    That's just it, I've looked at the map, but it seems as though I've covered the entire ground floor and the only areas that indicate stairs are that ramp leading up to the locked bedroom and the stairs back down to the basement. Anyway, I'll check around again. .

EDIT: Ah, nevermind, I found it. I really am just daft. To be fair, though, it wasn't quite as well marked on the map as the other stairways. :P
    Last edited by Lady Taffer; 11th Aug 2009 at 02:28.

Glad you found it! Yeah, Garrett's not too good at sketching stairs!

Neither am I . . shameful for someone who's supposed to be an artist.

Anyway, I finished it and I wanted to say that I LOVED the worlds inside the vault, particularly the music and the Alice in Wonderland twist! All in all, a fantastic mission!

Quote Originally Posted by Tannar View Post
    Yes, there is. Try dropping the book on his bed. It will be the one nearest his journal iirc.
    Thanks! There's no way I would've thought Benny could sleep on the top bunk. Glad he's sober!

Finished yesterday. An unexpectedly awesome end!

Hi, I need some help please.

Does anyone know where i can find the hand body part for the scanner on the vault? Thanks!

Try the master bedroom.

Replaying on "expert" mode, i´m inside the armory, although when going down to the caves to reach the key in the black pedestal i can´t climp up back to the armory, what now?

Iirc, you should be able to get back up using rope arrows.

Quote Originally Posted by Tannar View Post
    Iirc, you should be able to get back up using rope arrows.
    But i don´t have any ropearrows, where can i find them?

Mike, i am in the armory room and there is no Ropearrows on sight, what am i missing?
    Last edited by Cardia; 18th Sep 2013 at 19:03.

stuck in the cave with the key and now i can´t get up to the Armory Room, i´ve tried to meditate all the forces of my mind and all the atoms of my body, so they would mix and re-arrange exactly all the holes in the cave walls to transverse it and get back to the mansion...i almost got conviced that i can walk through walls, not only, me anyone could do it.

I´m still trying to walk through it...will you let me pass? If i split myself into Atoms i might have a chance to have multiple personalities...and each one of them will help me to fulfill the goals of this mission.
    Last edited by Cardia; 19th Sep 2013 at 12:51.

i try in vain to disconnect my brain, i don't know if i can handle it, handle so much pain, i don't know what's left to gain, all the guilt and now the blame, i don't want to stop this game, i'm starting to enjoy the pain
    i don't care what you claim, i still hear your voice replaying, the only thing that remains, is to disconnect my brain, i try to disinfect, and sanitize my brain, perhaps i won't be satisfied, until i go insane,disconnect
    disconnect disconnect my brain disconnect disconnect disconnect my pain

Very epic writing, cardia1 !
    It made me feel pitty for you and look up a walkthrough for you.

Seems like Ricebugs famous walkthroughs have found a new home here.
    http://www.bogadocious.com/thief/walks/walks.html
    Grab the edition for 2008 and I am sure you will find the 'potion' that you seem to be missing.

Quote Originally Posted by gnartsch View Post
    Very epic writing, cardia1 !
    It made me feel pitty for you and look up a walkthrough for you.

Seems like Ricebugs famous walkthroughs have found a new home here.
    http://www.bogadocious.com/thief/walks/walks.html
    Grab the edition for 2008 and I am sure you will find the 'potion' that you seem to be missing.

Viele Danke Gnartsch, das war nett von dir, ich werde das Walkthough lesen.

Quote Originally Posted by nicked View Post
    The locked door is probably the master bedroom door? Until you can open the master bedroom, the two sides of the top floor are unconnected. The north side contains the drawing room. As such, you have to get to the stairs near the north-east of the house on the ground floor, north of the entrance hall. Go up these stairs and sneak west, and eventually you'll come to a big hall that's sort of this shape:

-----
    OO--
    -OO
    -----

There's a door to the upstairs drawing room in here. You'll know the drawing room when you find it because it has a fireplace, bookcase, and Lord Morego fast asleep. The key you want should be fairly obvious when you get in here.

I am stuck in mission 2. I think I need the armory key. I would very much like to follow these instructions, but as I go up to the upper floor, that door to the W is part of the 'teleporting door sequence' (the one you get out of by frobbing a light) so I do not see how I can reach the drawing room from this direction...

EDIT: Aha! There are two ways out of the teleporting sequence. According to the auto-map, I am now actually IN the drawing room. But I see no key, and I don't see Morego.

Quote Originally Posted by jiansonz View Post
    I am stuck in mission 2. I think I need the armory key. I would very much like to follow these instructions, but as I go up to the upper floor, that door to the W is part of the 'teleporting door sequence' (the one you get out of by frobbing a light) so I do not see how I can reach the drawing room from this direction...

EDIT: Aha! There are two ways out of the teleporting sequence. According to the auto-map, I am now actually IN the drawing room. But I see no key, and I don't see Morego.
    if i remember correctly i got into the drawing room via Lord Morego's bedroom and i did that via his balcony and bashed the door in...his bedroom keys are in there, im not sure if you can get into his bedroom any other way or for that matter the drawing room, so you may actually not be in the drawing room. you will know if you are in the drawing as there is a secret / loot inside the fireplace

as for the armory, i think there were only a couple of flares in there and it only leads back to the garden

you need to find the entrance to the cave system.....again if i remember correctly its behind a pile of rubble at the back of one of the rooms on the same level as the armory

According to my info, I need to get into the armory to get the next key I need.

I think the automap is correct. It fits with the nearby rooms. There is a fireplace in the room (with a loot secret) and also a shelf. The shelf looks like a big face, with white cone-things for teeth and two of those eye plants for eyes. But I can't see anything obvious about a key in there, nor can I see 'Lord Morego fast asleep'. Maybe I need to trigger something first?

I've been on the balcony (and, through the glassed door, seen a key next to a blown-up body in the bedroom). The door from balcony resists bashing.
    Last edited by jiansonz; 15th Aug 2014 at 16:12.

sounds like your in the drawing room

i may well have blown the balcony doors open with fire arrows....

im sorry i really cant remember where i found the key for the armory,but i do remember searching for the armory key for ages only to find later that it was already in my inventory and do remember being disappointed as to the lack of goodies in there

try searching for the cave entrance, kinda remember having to move some crate first, but my saves got lost a couple of months ago so cant be of any more help....sorry...
    Last edited by fortuni; 15th Aug 2014 at 11:56.

Found the solution! The armory key was not in the drawing room, it was in the dining room, which turned out to be the only reachable area I had failed to find. The upstairs door to the dining room is blocked by furniture, and I had forgotten about the dumbwaiter!
    Last edited by jiansonz; 15th Aug 2014 at 17:31.

I know this is an old thread, but I haven't played Memoirs of a Dead God in a long time. I haven't ran into any problems using V1.23 & fmsel so anyone who hasn't played it, do yourself the favor please.

That was awesome. Took me back to Thief: The Dark Project all over again.

Yeah, this is definitely one of the very good ones!

My only complaint is that Nick made me have to pick it up to find out what it was. Eww! Gross!

He knows what I'm talking about......

Haha... yeah I do seem to recall putting a fair amount of crude humour in this one. Probably way too much (with the power of age and hindsight)!

Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 234567