TTLG|Thief|Bioshock|System Shock|Deus Ex|Mobile
Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast

Thread: T2 FM : Greenbay (30/11/08)

L'architecte de Rocksbourg

T2 FM : Greenbay (30/11/08)

Hello everyone,

Here is a new FM to celebrate Thief's 10 years anniversary, Greenbay. It's not part of the contest.

http://rapidshare.com/files/171159917/Greenbay.zip.html

Mirrors :
    http://www.thief-thecircle.com/download.asp?fid=1408
    http://www.0815x.org/thief/Greenbay.zip

Multi language version :
    http://www.0815x.de/thief/FMs/Greenbay.zip

A few screens can be found here, thanks to Lady Jo :
    http://ladyjo1.free.fr/thief/article...id_article=703

The story :
    Garrett looks for someone who wants to testify against him about a robbery. Garrett must make sure that witness won't speak to anyone. It's a direct sequel to "Vol de nuit" and "Chasse a l'homme", from the "15 days" campaign.

At first it was a project I had with TheHardyBoyz, a young french fm author, a teamwork on a mission to help him with his campaign "the 15 days". Unfortunately, due to several issues and trouble, the mission was blocked for 2 years.

Meanwhile, I worked on my Rocksbourg series waiting for things to evolve. Once my latest mission was done, and with THBz's approval, I decided to finish this mission. Overall, even if the mission was started 2 years ago, I think I spent a little less than 2 months working on it, and I must have done around 90% of it. Therefore it's a quickie, it's far from being perfect, it's just a birthday gift for this special day.

If you know my works it might surprise you, there isn't a single custom ressource in this fm, everything is from the original game. Except for the easter egg. Yep, there is one easter egg. Hint : Think high.

Attention : It's easy to climb on the city roofs. However, it may create crashes and bugs because too many things would be in sight. Therefore, once you're up there try not to have global views. Whatever I do I just keep hitting dromed's limits...

Enjoy taffers, and happy birthday
    Now back to Rocksbourg 4...
    Last edited by DrK; 27th Aug 2018 at 15:16. Reason: added link to screenshots

A little bit of fun for Europeans waiting for Hawaiian time midnight to came and bring them contest missions

Downloading it right away!
    I was curious if some non-contest anniversary missions appear today and here is the answer
    "Reliance upon others is weakness for the strong, but strength for the weak. Wisdom and balance lie in knowing your own nature over time"
    The Box, WL

Have fun people, always fun to play DrK's missions.

Keeper of FMs
    Sweet! A DrK mission is always a treat!
    Mirrored:
    http://www.thief-thecircle.com/download.asp?fid=1408

Thanks for the mirrors

Wow, a new Drk mission. Wonderful news! Thank you Drk!

Quote Originally Posted by DrK View Post
    Now back to Rocksbourg 4...
    Even better news!

bikerdude
    Broken Arts and myself tested this mission and let me tell you, its a veritabl;e treat...!!! and there is a special easter egg surprise for anyone who is inquisitive as I was...

I tested it in both vanilla and with EP1/NTEX installed and it runs fine, I managed to find 4342 loot on hard, so I would like to see if anyone can beat that

biker

Keeper of FMs
    Sounds like a challenge...

Wow, this came out of nowhere!

Its a good day when you get a new mission from DrK and a comment about the fourth part of his best series.

bikerdude
    Quote Originally Posted by pavlovscat View Post
    Sounds like a challenge...
    Actually, I want to bloody know where the remaining sizeable amount of loot is... coz, DrK wouldn't tell me....

Keeper of FMs
    Any chance of seeing an English translation for parts 1 & 2, Vol de Nuit and Chasse A L'Homme? If someone could rough out the translations for them, I'd be glad to put them together & release the bi-lingual versions.

Quote Originally Posted by pavlovscat View Post
    Any chance of seeing an English translation for parts 1 & 2, Vol de Nuit and Chasse A L'Homme? If someone could rough out the translations for them, I'd be glad to put them together & release the bi-lingual versions.
    THBz was supposed to work on it, but it looks like it was never finished. If someone can do it it would be cool, I'm too lazy to do it.
    There isn't much text to translate anyway.

I'm thoroughly enjoying exploring this! Not so little at all with lots of nooks and crannies to poke into. I THINK I found the Easter Egg. Maybe. What a cool tribute to TDP! Nicely done! On to more exploring.

Quote Originally Posted by Nightwalker View Post
    I'm thoroughly enjoying exploring this! Not so little at all with lots of nooks and crannies to poke into. I THINK I found the Easter Egg. Maybe. What a cool tribute to TDP! Nicely done! On to more exploring.
    Glad to see you like it
    Trust me, you'll know when you'll find the easter egg. Otherwise, there are many references to TDP.

great mission

I found the Easter Egg! or should I call it a "November Egg?"
    I haven't figured out what to leave at the scene of the crime to incriminate Quinne - none of the keys do it, and dropping the diary just un-checks that objective. hints, please?

this is a small map, but with so many twists and turns, it feel much larger - in fact, I got lost a couple of times, only to realize (after searching around for a while) that I was in the right place anyway!

Did you enter the sewerman's workshop ?
    There is Quince's tool in it, this is what you drop at the crime scene. And there is the evidence against Garrett in a toolbox too.

Cool, you found the birthday egg then

bikerdude
    Yeah I loved all the little nooks I could hide in, it was awesome, but the easter egg, that was something special, and when I found I could stop laughing...

biker

thank you DrK, I hadn't even picked it up. I'm so used to it being junk that I ignored it entirely - that'll teach me!

Where's the key to the sewerman's workshop? I have a sewer key but that doesn't open it.

bikerdude
    Where's the key to the sewerman's workshop? I have a sewer key but that doesn't open it.
    on his belt - you need the sewer key which will open a sewer cover and you should be able to figure out the rest.

biker

Clearinghouse
    Thanks, DrK Downloading NOW.

Quote Originally Posted by Bikerdude View Post
    I tested it in both vanilla and with EP1/NTEX installed and it runs fine, I managed to find 4342 loot on hard, so I would like to see if anyone can beat that

biker
    I found 4372! I'd sure like to know where the rest is.

Excellent mission, and I loved the easter egg!

Keeper of FMs
    Hrmph. I only found 3687. I'm slacking, or maybe it's too far past my bedtime. I'm definitely going to play this one again...many times! It's like a mini Rocksbourg 1 with the maze-like feeling in the streets.

Thanks, DrK!!

Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast