TTLG|Thief|Bioshock|System Shock|Deus Ex|Mobile
Page 1 of 8 123456 ... LastLast

Thread: TAC Affairs of Wizards Nov.30/08

TAC Affairs of Wizards Nov.30/08

I've been waiting all day for the release & now it's here

I do have a question with "Affairs of Wizards" though, If I can't kill the guards on the 3rd floor how do I get past them? They spot me every time ! & the key to the dumbwaiter...where is it? Oh yeah, don't know if it's a bug, but the staircases are fun, if you stop in the middle of them you slide back down again...hehe
    Last edited by Nightwalker; 30th Nov 2008 at 21:38.

Distant Quasar
    This mission started out beautifully. Unfortunately, the frame-rate became insane and made the mission unplayable towards the end.

The key you're after...

Hint:
    You don't need to go up those stairs - I think you'll get whacked every time. The key to the dumb waiter is on the second floor. Frob around the small table in the room with the dumb waiter. I got lucky - I did not see it, but happened to be frobbing around.

- eep!

im stock

i have the 3 keys , ruby , cheap ring , ok im bring it to the guy so i decide put the key in the big box or chamber , walking in front of the guy but nothing happens??? the objetive still unchek ,

First off let me thank the author of this mission! It's been a blast so far!

I think I found a bug. I alerted the guards while in the gallery then went and hid by the servents room. The guards came walking through the wall across from the servents room on top of the table.

Kinda weirded me out because I was looking the other way waiting for them to come walking in the door to the kitchen and then turned around and there were two of them!

This is a really great looking mission - playing through it right now

Garret-son, I had the same problem as you.I just reloaded my save before I got my final key, get it, return to that coffin, place all 3 keys before you talk to him, THEN talk to him. ...Then I killed him. Anyways, does anyone know how to open the 3 doors in the lost city section? I also found 2 secret doorways that won't budge in the display room of the main house. Help pleease? =D

Some great scripting in this mission as well!

When you visit the room with the mages - and the fire mage relights the torches using his powers - I found that hilarious and cool at the same time.

Also, the puzzles in the fire portal were pretty great, including the area you have to use a fire arrow to create rubble to cross.

Fun stuff, and very creative!

My question is on the fire key. When I kill the fire-beast with water arrows, he and the key disappears, but a halo is left as if the key should still be there. So I get the idea maybe it's a bug and the key should still be there? Or is there another way to get the key (I haven't been able to frob it while he's alive)?

Edit: Nevermind, found it. Don't know why I didn't see it lying on the ground there. I think the halo distracted me.

I'm really enjoying this one too. Clever and still old school fun.

Edit:
    Quote Originally Posted by Lawviz
    Anyways, does anyone know how to open the 3 doors in the lost city section?
    If you mean the 3 stone looking doors upstairs (room before the special flame), the one closest to the entry-ladder was frobable for me (after I killed the fire-beast at least). I didn't know there was a trick to it. The other 2 "doors" aren't actually doors and don't open. I don't know what other "3 doors" you might mean.

Edit 2: By the way, the author is definitely European. An American wouldn't label the bottom floor of a building "ground floor" on a map and the next floor "first floor". That and the great scripting is giving me a decent idea who it might be
    Last edited by demagogue; 1st Dec 2008 at 10:27. Reason: more detail on the 3 doors

Quote Originally Posted by demagogue View Post

Edit 2: By the way, the author is definitely European. An American wouldn't label the bottom floor of a building "ground floor" on a map and the next floor "first floor". That and the great scripting is giving me a decent idea who it might be
    Me too!

Also, a really great looking mission. Other than a few bugs, I really enjoyed it.

The mage told me that I successfully found all three keys and was trying to kill me before I actually was done. I still needed the earth key. I went back and got it, and finished the mission ok.

Hmm...Yes thats the 3 doors I'm talking about but I can't open them :s. Also, is it a bug when youshoot the fire spirit with a broadhead arrow so it knocks the key from his body, and retrieving it? After sacrificing a certain gem to him, I think he took my key and gave it back lol.

Desperately dodgy geezer
    Don't want to look at spoilers here, so sorry if this has already been given.

How do I cross the lava in the first room of the lost city/fire key realm? I noticed there's an invisible object near the entrance portal that I can start to mantle onto, but then drop off. That made me think there's some invisible object I could climb on to cross the lava, but it hasn't worked so far.

Edit: NM, found it as soon as I posted. For those also stuck, try shooting a fire arrow at something that looks a bit delicate.
    Last edited by Yandros; 1st Dec 2008 at 08:08.

Distant Quasar
    shooting a fire arrow at something that looks a bit delicate.

I tried that, but several of my fire arrows had a weird bug - when I released the arrow it didn't shoot and exploded on me, killing me. I'm going to give this mission another shot after I finish the others.
    - eep!

Clearinghouse
    Quote Originally Posted by eepcat View Post
    The key to the dumb waiter is on the second floor. Frob around the small table in the room with the dumb waiter. I got lucky - I did not see it, but happened to be frobbing around.
    I can't find the key for the dumbwaiter Help.
    VERY beautiful mission

@clearing, the dumb-waiter key is on the window sill on the 2nd floor in the room with the fireplace and dumb-waiter ... that is, on the little ledge at the bottom of the nice window.

Clearinghouse
    Thanks

What to do with the mages?

I gas'd the fire mage thinking he wouldn't light any more torches, which worked until I returned after hiding putting out the 2nd one. When I got back the fire mage was still sleeping, but the torches were now lit...again Since I can't kill them what do I do with them?

Great Mission so far !

Also... What firebeast in the lava section? Thanks Yandros for your spoiler, that sure helped :-)
    I'm on the top floor with the burning dish, looks like a door/wall behind it. Does it open? Also
    found the coffin, but when I open it there's nothing inside...
    Last edited by Acolyte6; 1st Dec 2008 at 13:35. Reason: another question

Desperately dodgy geezer
    For the mages: Douse the torch to the right, then run in, grab the key from the mage's belt (the mage under the torch), and get back out again before the fire mage relights the torch.

Very nice and interesting mission I had a lot of fun reading guard's diary about the ring

Could someone tell me how to open coffin? I have three keys and ruby and I already killed the mage.

I'm stuck on the fire key I can't for the life of me find the ruby.

You can get fire key without ruby. Search the dead body in fire realm.

Desperately dodgy geezer
    But just for info, IIRC the ruby is in the water key area (the boat) in one of the chests.

Quote Originally Posted by Yandros View Post
    How do I cross the lava in the first room of the lost city/fire key realm?
    It's also possible to jump over the lava. It's just a bit of a tricky jump.

Quote Originally Posted by Ermana View Post
    Very nice and interesting mission I had a lot of fun reading guard's diary about the ring
    I experienced the diary as an immersion breaker since
    1. no one person is that dumb in real life and since
    2. the entries clearly mocked that particular gameplay mechanic itself and thus broke the fourth wall.
    Last edited by <Username>; 1st Dec 2008 at 16:35.

Great Game! I am going to hazard a guess of this author, as I think it screams of his excellent work. Don't read unless you want to know.
    ....ottoj55.... Could be wrong, but I don't think so.

That's a beautiful great mission! I've got only 1 question: is there any apply for the cheap ring, or it's just a kind of toy?

This one looks very nice so far; lots of little details, and it seems very roomy for a 64 mission.

Anyway, I seem to be stuck. I've got the water and earth keys, but I can't seem to find the fire key.
    I'm assuming it's somewhere in the Lost City area?
    I found a room with an undousable burning brazier that seems important, but I can't figure out what to do there. Any hints?