TTLG|Thief|Bioshock|System Shock|Deus Ex|Mobile
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: TAC Weak Links Nov. 30, 2008

TAC Weak Links Nov. 30, 2008

Well, I've completed the mission on expert just a bit short of max loot. This is a really fun little mission! Well designed and well thought out. Very good game play. A few bugs here and there but nothing show stopping.

The only thing I couldn't figure out is how to open the grate in the bathroom behind the "toilet". Any one get there yet?

Congrats to the author. Fine job!

I am also stuck at the same point.. .....any help would be great.

Hettie xx

@Tannar&JonesCrusher: You need the screwdriver. Near the starting point, when you climb out of that hole, go straight forward until you reach a little ramp down. Check there.

@UliB - I had the screwdriver and tried it on that grate but it didn't work.

Okay, has anybody found the hiding place for the betrothed sister's diary...that is no doubt the last secret and probably contains the last 20 loot I need for full looting

@Iceblade: check the tiles of the base board

Quote Originally Posted by Tannar View Post
    I had the screwdriver and tried it on that grate but it didn't work.
    Did the grate highlight? Try to get a few inches closer to it. I noticed that when you aren't very, very close to that grate it doesn't highlight when you try to use the screwdriver on it, even if it highlighted when you stays there emptyhanded
    Last edited by ghost_in_the_shell; 2nd Dec 2008 at 11:11. Reason: grammar fixed ;)
    "Reliance upon others is weakness for the strong, but strength for the weak. Wisdom and balance lie in knowing your own nature over time"
    The Box, WL

Yes, it highlighted when I tried the screwdriver. It also made that sound of a lock clicking but not opening, the same sound it makes when you try the lockpicks which don't work.

Thanx, Ulib, missed that too (nice to do a favour for Garrett and Hannah )

@Tannar: is it possible that the screwdriver was deselected (it "hid" in the right inventory selection view) right in the moment that you tried to use it on the grate? Because the grate doesn't make the clicking sound when using screwdriver for me, it just opens with some opening sound (and with Found Secret sound and message too). But when I "use" the grate itself without any item selected then it clicks like locked door I think. That was on Expert. I just tried to do the same on Normal difficulty and it works the same (found tool in different location then but works the same). I was to lazy to try on Hard too
    Last edited by ghost_in_the_shell; 2nd Dec 2008 at 10:17.

I'm missing just 12g. and it's driving me crazy! I've found only one item worth that amount a silver coinstack in the Master bedroom chest. Any ideas where my missing loot is?

By the way, this is quite a nice mission! I must admit to only playing on Normal and Hard, not Expert as I'm not really in the mood for ghosting, though I may come back and do it another time.

Quote Originally Posted by ghost_in_the_shell View Post
    @Tannar: is it possible that the screwdriver was deselected (it "hid" in the right inventory selection view) right in the moment that you tried to use it on the grate?
    Sure, it's possible that I didn't notice but I think I tried it more than once. I'll go back in and check. I was playing on Expert by the way.

Great fun! Good to see so many secrets crammed into such a small space!

Thanks for the hint on the secret Ulib and I also found that last 20 loot scattered coins sitting on table in the servants/guards area

There's a loot list in the .zip (which also helps in finding any secrets you missed like me).

This was a little fun mission

I cant find the safe. Anyone ???

I found it...thanks...
    Last edited by Lightningline; 7th Dec 2008 at 07:11.

Quote Originally Posted by Sticky Fingers View Post
    There's a loot list in the .zip (which also helps in finding any secrets you missed like me).
    Ahhh... there is? I searched the entire Zip (both by looking around in what it put in Thief and by unzipping it elsewhere) and the only text file is the description used by Darkloader.

Also, I'm still searching for the safe. Can anyone point to it? UPDATE: Nevermind, found it. If anyone's still looking, look carefully in the Armory.

- prjames
    Last edited by prjames; 7th Dec 2008 at 20:52. Reason: Found safe

Southquarter.com/fms
    Playing on expert, I'm having trouble even starting the mission. Three times in a row now, the "Do not kill or stun any servants or guards" objective is failing on me before I even get out of the sewer. Anyone else?

Clearinghouse
    Nice little mission

Found this FM very good and probably it is #2 - after Tower - for me in contest (but didn't play Weekend Getaway and Redemption yet). Mansion designed very well and stealth objective (played on that level) really adds some more fun to gameplay.

I must be blind.............I cannot find either the armory or the dungeon.......keep running in circles....

Check out the map for location of the armory. Dungeon is in basement level of the mansion, near the kitchen, behind locked metal door.

Vertical Contest Winner 2009
    i'm stumped on opening the safe, i'll also admit that i haven't read a single scroll or book in this mission (or any mission i play for that matter) so if its in a scroll somewhere i haven't found it. all the backtracking i'm doing past the guards to keep the ghosting going is getting old.

Nice Mission

I enjoyed this one, nice design and gameplay, but some new textures could have been added to give a new atmosphere to this mission...anyway its a good mission

Looking foward for more.