TTLG|Thief|Bioshock|System Shock|Deus Ex|Mobile
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: TAC Bad Intentions Nov. 30, 2008

TAC Bad Intentions Nov. 30, 2008

I'm ghosting well so far, explored all rooms I found till now and it was fun.
    I only have 1600 loot so far and can't see anything more in the rooms I explored. I found one secret - in bedroom, containing some loot, but it's still not enough for fulfilling loot objective (1800) and I can't find a gemstone for other objective.
    Some clues anyone?
    "Reliance upon others is weakness for the strong, but strength for the weak. Wisdom and balance lie in knowing your own nature over time"
    The Box, WL

got round to this one and im in exactly the same boat...
    wheres the gem ring??

Keeper of FMs

Did you find the second switch? It leads to an empty safe with a note about the ring being stolen? I didn't find any more loot there though. I'm gonna sleep on it & try again tomorrow.

If you didn't find the second switch, look carefully in the first secret hiding place.

An okay little mission even though it forced ghosting, but I got the feeling that this was Gloria Creep's house in lieu of the doll replacing the wife

As for loot: 2600 out of 2700
    I was supicious of those potted plants but I didn't want to try it...so I went to dromed and played in game mode with the AI asleep and found a ring hiding under one of those plants. so I went back into the game and got the loot but unlike in dromed where I managed to pick up ring and not the plant, I instead picked up the plant and ran to the blue room is set it down....very close call. I finished the mission with 2700 out of 2700 with minor cheating (that wouldn't have been necessary without the ghost...though I guess I could of used quicksave but whatever)
    Last edited by Iceblade; 2nd Dec 2008 at 01:15.

Thank you pavlovscat, your clues helped. I found this second switch. I'm going back to ghosting

I have a key
    spoiler:
    (from the guy napping in the attic)
    where does it go?
    And how do i open the chest in the blue room ?

Have you already found everything in the Lord's room? If so, explore the office rooms on the lower floor. You should find something interesting there.

The chest in the blue room contains some loot. The key is not far away from there...

cheers pav and mirko! your clues really helped me out.
    loved the music on this 1.

I finished it finally, and I like it. Plot was nice and logical. Even ghosting was quite enjoyable despite of the fact I'm rather not ghosting type of player. But It doesn't hurt to ghost from time to time.

Quote Originally Posted by Mirko View Post
    Have you already found everything in the Lord's room? If so, explore the office rooms on the lower floor. You should find something interesting there.
    did you mean the journal entry about Jax? or is there something else? I'm pretty sure I've been everywhere, but haven't found the ring or gotten enough loot

No, it's not the journal.

You should have found a safe and a crumpled paper in the Lord's room. Look carefully for two switches.

One more hint: You have to trigger the first switch before you can find the second.

no no, I got the empty safe and the crumpled note; you said something about the offices downstairs so I went to look and couldn't find anything new. I must be missing something obvious, here; maybe I'm concentrating on ghosting (which I don't normally do) instead of putting clues together

edit: bah! I must have grabbed the key from the sleeping guard and gotten caught, then reloaded and not grabbed it again. now the clue about the offices makes sense
    Last edited by MrMunkeepants; 3rd Dec 2008 at 15:21. Reason: I'm dumb

d. 30.4.16 Always remembered
    LOL, I had almost finished on Normal, all objectives accomplished, but on my way back the fricking servant in the kitchen was standing on the.....well where the sink is, looking in my direction, so I couldn't finish the mission because the ghosting objective was busted.
    Of course this just enforces my opinion abouts forced ghosting objectives....

I finished on Expert with 2615 loot. For an hour or so I had only 2515 (2500 needed). That is a pretty small margin. Then I saw the clue here about the potted plant, so that gave me an extra 100. I had actually removed all but one of the potted plants, and the one I missed was obviously the one I missed. I guess I'll give up the loot hunt at this point.

I thought it was strange for a major item, the cash box, to appear out of thin air. I found a slight clue about that in the readme, but I don't recall any other indication.

Thanks to the author for a nice little mission. Really enjoyed it. I did encounter a few minor bugs but all in all it was quite good. Simple but very thiefy.

The guard that patrols outside the dining room went around in circles at the end of the hall. I stopped counting after fifteen times. Was that intentional or a bug? Either way it made ghosting that part interesting.

A guard and a woman are blocking the passage and I can't get by without being spotted - is there another way?

Never mind - I went to an earlier saved and they went their separate ways.
    Last edited by Garga; 5th Dec 2008 at 14:05.

Are they stuck or are they just standing there? Normally, when you start to enter that hallway a conversation starts between them and then they will move on. You may not have gone through the doorway far enough to trigger the conversation.

Not bad small mansion mission. Like idea with switch in hiding, "secret in secret".

Bug?

I seem to have discovered some sort of bug (on Expert).

I have the Objectives to steal the ring and the loot Objective ticked.

I put the wife's scroll - the one left beside the lock box once you have found the safe - into the recess in the Lord's room that contains the first switch. I get the Objective Complete onscreen message and chime, but the objective to ensure the Lord does not suspect you of the theft remains unchecked in the Objectives screen. I therefore cannot finish the game.

I just dropped it on the desk (I think it was a desk. Just out in the open.) and the objective checked off.

Marbrien - I dropped it on the bed next to Dewdrop - also successful.

Ghosting sucks !!

I know ther are plenty of ghoster's out there, but personally I hate being without my BJ. The more KO's the better I made it to the dining room, but then the guard in the hallway always catches me in there and I'm all out
    of water arrows. Is there any more water arrows to be found somewhere? If you gotta ghost either give us plenty of water arrows or have electric lights with a generator somewhere that can be turned off...

That giant bathtub upstairs would have been a nice place to put lots of water crystals !!!
    Last edited by Acolyte6; 12th Dec 2008 at 20:25.

Quote Originally Posted by Acolyte6 View Post
    I know ther are plenty of ghoster's out there, but personally I hate being without my BJ. The more KO's the better I made it to the dining room, but then the guard in the hallway always catches me in there and I'm all out
    of water arrows. Is there any more water arrows to be found somewhere? If you gotta ghost either give us plenty of water arrows or have electric lights with a generator somewhere that can be turned off...
    I couldn't agree with you more. This particular mission fails because you have to use too much trial and error to make it through the mission.

Quote Originally Posted by Acolyte6 View Post

That giant bathtub upstairs would have been a nice place to put lots of water crystals !!!
    I don't generally enjoy forced ghost levels either - but this one was alright. For me, eight water arrows were plenty. You only really needed them in the wine room, stairs to the kitchen, and the kitchen itself. Everywhere else was easily ghostable, if you are just patient enough to hang back and let the guards walk by.

Actually, I can't imagine this one being as good without the ghosting. Nice work!
    Last edited by taffedinthehead; 15th Dec 2008 at 21:17.

I found this mission rather dull. No spark. Although the background noise was nice.

Got 2615/2700. Got the ring under the plant. What other loot is hidden? Surprised I couldn't find all as it was a very short mission. Anyone?