TTLG|Thief|Bioshock|System Shock|Deus Ex|Mobile
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: TAC The Kindred Vault Nov. 30, 2008

TAC The Kindred Vault Nov. 30, 2008

I just wanted to say that I played it and it was enjoyable. Goodlooking mission, with nicely chosen music which improves the mood. Traps are also nice I especially liked the one with spiders - that's like this kind of things works best - you want to steal that shiny thing and tadaa! Also the ilusionary wall was superb thing.
    Nice mission, congratulations to the author.
    "Reliance upon others is weakness for the strong, but strength for the weak. Wisdom and balance lie in knowing your own nature over time"
    The Box, WL

A nice little mission; though I felt some of the traps were very unfair, such as the one that incinerated you with fire arrows when you tried to take a mask with no obvious trapping mechanism.

nice little mission! good use of music which improved the ambience imeasurably. well done.

Wow! That was a beautiful mission! I really enjoyed playing it! Very well built with great ambient music!
    I'm curious about who might have built this one!

Hello all, I played this mission and enjoyed it. Very good sound, texturing and game play. I did however manage to do things a bit the wrong way round, some how.
    It was by jumping from the stair / slope to the opening that the second red drawbridge makes accessible once I opened the gate.
    Still it all added to the fun. I liked the tile trap especially, very sneaky indeed. Nice little mission.

I really liked the atmosphere in this one and the use of music, which was really well done. The walk-through wall was neat and the overall architecture was nice. I really HATED to grab the ring and the key because it was pretty clear what was going to happen. Very enjoyable. Thanks!

Keeper of FMs

Quote Originally Posted by Lost Soul View Post
    It was by jumping from the stair / slope to the opening that the second red drawbridge makes accessible once I opened the gate.
    Drat it! I tried to do that many, many times in beta, but never could.

Quote Originally Posted by pavlovscat View Post
    Drat it! I tried to do that many, many times in beta, but never could.
    Wow, I have to tell you, I did it first time. Although when I had a go at it again, I could not. I must have been uber lucky.

Keeper of FMs

That makes me feel a little better!

Another diamond in the rough. Pleasant surprises abound in this contest.

Good mission even it is pretty small and doesn't have great plot behind it. I think it cannot win on any reason but at least bits some others on quality.

Clearinghouse
    Beautiful mission! I loved the atmosphere and ambient sound!

Neat mission - doing the tomb-sneaking thing - I didn't find it too hard on normal - especially as running was the only thing to do once you grabbed the ring.

Has anyone found the two secrets? I haven't found any.

- prjames

Hint: There is one outside by the entrance and one in one of the rooms on the first floor to the left when you enter the tomb.

In addition to beautiful architecture and sound, I really liked the game play. It was exciting to have to think on your feet while running around, trying not to be cornered by the undead. The sword was useless on them. On Expert it was a challenge to find 1500 out of 1575 loot while on the run. I disagree with a comment above that this one could not win. Maybe not first place, but it is up there, IMO.

I also found only one of two secrets, but I did find all the loot.

Actually the sword isn't useless on them. The mummy (and other undead)can be taken down easily with the sword if he is unaware and the mechanist in the lower level disintegrates if hit with the sword.

Clearinghouse
    Where I can use Master Key?

There is nowhere to use that key in this mission but there is a rumor that the author is planning a sequel in which the key plays a part.

Clearinghouse
    A sequel? Great!

Really very pretty mission, with excellent matching music.
    I managed to grab the key and rings, and pulled the lever that opened the metal door. I went up the ladder to find ther's a stone door that needs to be opened. Question is: How?????

You can just pass through that door. Just walk through it.

LOL, so easy! Thanks!

Nice Mission

Interesting mission with a good atmosphere and fancy design that could have been a little bit more detailed though, the ambient music is relaxing ...good mission

Looking foward for more

You can use the sword, even when the zombies are aware of you. You just have to hit them a few more times.

EXCELLENT MISSION!

Very MYST-like with the puzzles . . . the dash for the exit at the end was a real thrill! Great Job!!