TTLG|Thief|Bioshock|System Shock|Deus Ex|Mobile
Page 12 of 16 FirstFirst ... 278910111213141516 LastLast

Thread: Preview : Rocksbourg 4 (update 14/08/10)

DromEd Archmage
    About RocksBourg, DRK, What's up? We have no news about the mission? It's bad enough to wait for publication, but if in addition we do not receive updates on the progress of the level, it becomes torture! [lol] Please, give us some news!

(Et sur le site francophone si t'es gentil...)

En espérant que ta gentillesse comble mes esperances...

Merci/Thanks

L'architecte de Rocksbourg
    Quote Originally Posted by FireMage View Post
    About RocksBourg, DRK, What's up? We have no news about the mission? It's bad enough to wait for publication, but if in addition we do not receive updates on the progress of the level, it becomes torture! [lol] Please, give us some news!

(Et sur le site francophone si t'es gentil...)

En espérant que ta gentillesse comble mes esperances...

Merci/Thanks
    There are no news nor updates simply because there is no progress at the moment. I guess you didn't read this post :
    http://www.ttlg.com/forums/showthrea...34#post2046534

Pas de nouvelles parce que ça n'avance pas, tout simplement.

DrK, I so much hope you wull find the time to finish at least AniR 4, giving a clue of the unsolved questions left by the other three episodes.

I really appreciated the series and your dedication.

I was sorry to never having the chance of concluding my "mapping out Rocksbourg" project, because of loss of dedication to thief (so I understand that, whereas the passion for thief never dies), and some health problems and so on.

I personally Hope that thief IV will be something special, a surprise, with a flexible and simple editor...so maybe you will find what has been lost, and maybe others, new "forgers" may in the meanwhile work on a conversion...who knows...

For now, again, thank you for the hours spent on good auld Taffing through your Rocksbourg, it was fascinating and creepy.

Hi DrK,

I really enjoyed your 3 first missions of Rocksbourg (Encre et Poussière above all). I hope you'll find more and more inspiration for the 4th part. However, as you didn't seem to have seen my post on Ariane4ever, maybe you'll be more able to answer me here. If you need French voice(s) for Rocksbourg 4 or even Rocksbourg 2 & 3, I'm your servant. I saw English version has more new voices (particularly for the Souls), so it may be good if French version has more too. I can do a soul (I've got a useful software for it), a guard or even Garrett's voice (my voice isn't too far from him in French). Just tell me if you need. Salut et bon courage!

Ima back, beaches !

Hey there, just to let you know I'm back on track once again ! And after a rather long break from thief, I end up with tons of ideas. I already started building things yesterday. I just hope dromed will handle it...

Right now I'm playing a couple fms to get back the mood, I just played Melan's Disorientation and Sensut's Being thief, heading for Seven shades of mercury. I have many fms I want to give a try.

\ o /

bikerdude
    awesome!

Clearinghouse
    All I can say it WOW!

This is great news! Welcome back.

Welcome back, DrK!

Oh good, my favorite, *Oh shit* authors is back.
    Last edited by BrokenArts; 28th May 2011 at 15:17.

This was pretty much my reaction.
    I hoped you'd be back, DrK! I'm so excited to see what you'll come up with!

This is fantastic news! I just finished re-playing Greenbay and realized how much I miss your FMs!
    Looking forward to the release.

lol. Lady Taffer.

That's like the awesomestest news I've heard in a while. Hope you don't burn out too quick pal.

Quote Originally Posted by BrokenArts View Post
    lol. Lady Taffer.
    Oh man, there's a much more awesome gif from Psych that better describes my excitement, but I can't find it anymore.

Desperately dodgy geezer
    Glad to hear you've got your mojo back, Eric!

Yessss

Happeh day! I've always loved the dark atmosphere of your missions, DrK!

Archivist
    Awesome news, DrK
    Just when I'm playing the stunning Rocksbourg 3.

Quote Originally Posted by The Phantom View Post
    Awesome news, DrK
    Just when I'm playing the stunning Rocksbourg 3.
    For the first time? Shame on you! Oh well, better late than never!

On-topic: But indeed, GREAT news! Was reading some really frustrating stuff, until I read some of the newer posts. I thinking: what are they talking about? Then I read that glorious post.... Ah....!
    Since I started on my first FM recently I have more and more come to respect the work all authors have gone through - of some authors more, and more interesting than others IMO (hint hint). I know not what a pain DromEd can be, and become in my case. However, I think I can understand that one may give up after a long history of using it. BUT, like some wise men said quite a long time ago:

"Let the Darkness take you!" (In this case rather 'lead'. )
    Please, at least one more time, DrK!

BAM !

Hurray ! Finaly I just had my first "scene complexity too high" crash, talk about time !

Well hopefully it's in a corner of the map, so I can solve it somehow. But at places I have major framerate issues, mostly in the corners of the map looking at a special angle or on a few rooftops. I think it comes from the widescreen mod with a 1440x900 resolution, as it shows more things in sight than the original game allowed to, but now I just hope dromed won't die on me...

Otherwise, a little peek of what I built this weekend :

Last edited by DrK; 29th May 2011 at 15:38.

Lovely! So glad to know you're working on this again.

bikerdude
    cant see much DrK, the gamma is too low...

First international reactions on DrK's "back in action" statement

Ladies and gentlemen, we now have first local and international reactions on this week's hot topic, the return of the master builder! And stay tuned for an interview with Stutter, young aspiring member of the Thieves Guild, on the subject of "new business opportunities" in the city of Rocksbourg!

Rocksbourg crisis ends after glorious return of the city's master architect! - The City Times

Two-month hiatus finally over! - DromEd Weekly

Massive economic growth assumed due to new building rush at Rocksbourg! - Ye Olde Stone Tablet

Mage council: Fire Mages abort resurrection spell started due to false reports of DrK's death - The Staff Magazine

"He's alive!!!" - The Architect's Magazine

Minister: "There is still hope!"

Despair and suicide rates at all-time low! - Popular Psychology

Sheriff Mosley lifts curfew after civil unrest calms down - The Silver Sheriff Star

Baron promises: Army will stop siege of DrK mansion if new screenshots are posted within the hour! - The Militia Observer

New hope for lower unemployment rates among the undead! - Decay Today

"DrK may be one of the lost descendants of the master builder, and if not we'll proclaim him so anyway!" - Babblus Magnus, Hammerite High Priest

"If Thou Hadst a Hammer, Thou Wouldst hammer for him all day!" - The Hammerite Order on the DrK subject

"May DrK's gears be freshly oiled and his cogs run smoothly once again!" - The Mechanist Times

"DrK, I dub thee 'Supreme Child of Karrass', effective immediately!" - spectral figure resembling recently-deceased Father Karras, seen near Soulforge cathedral remains

"The Earth shall protect him!" - anonymous earth mage

"Bes this the End of the World as we knows it?" - Woodsie priestess Dyald after seeing pictures of new Mechanist chapel

"At last, the balance will be restored!" - unidentified Keeper

"But will there be drinks in Rocksbourg 4?" - Benny the guard

"Moan!" - rotten zombie at Cragscleft prison facility

"Hiss! Hiss!" - unidentified giant spider residing below Bafford's

"Whoosh!" - fire elemental, near Lost City

"Meow!" - Pavlov's kitten

"Rocksbourg 4, can he do it? Yes he can!" - Burrick Obama

"Build this... build this... build this NOW!" - The Haunt Community of Rocksbourg

"Oops, he does it again!" - B. Spears on Tavern TV

"We're expecting some heavy traffic on the Net once this thing is ready for download!" - Sneaker of Metal and Gold

"HA! This guy will NEVER win the Gold Hammer award with this! I am invincible!" - D. Nightfall, another popular architect

"Oh Happy Day!" - group of DrK worshippers last seen near Paris, France

"YAY!" - anonymous chorus of voices heard somewhere at TTLG.COM

"Whut?" - Cohen the Barbarian (significantly lowering large stone-spiked club)

"Cough!" - Darth Vader on Imperial.Net

DrK, may the Inspiration be with you, always!
    Last edited by baeuchlein; 29th May 2011 at 17:59.

Page 12 of 16 FirstFirst ... 278910111213141516 LastLast