TTLG|Thief|Bioshock|System Shock|Deus Ex|Mobile
Page 14 of 16 FirstFirst ... 4910111213141516 LastLast

Thread: Preview : Rocksbourg 4 (update 14/08/10)

bikerdude
    DrK at some point you will have to cross over to the Dark side and do your next fm on the dakrmod...

impressive screen btw.

Quote Originally Posted by edudrekib View Post
    DrK at some point you will have to cross over to the Dark side and do your next fm on the dakrmod...

impressive screen btw.
    not again

L'architecte de Rocksbourg
    Quote Originally Posted by edudrekib View Post
    Nope.
    I'm already trying to finish this fm, and I'm struggling because I don't have all the freetime I want...

Once and for all : darkmod doesn't interest me. It doesn't speak to me. What I love about dromed is there is nostalgia whenever I open it or play a fm, it brings back good memories about the great times I had playing the game over 10 years ago, and discovering game design through dromed (even if it's all about fanmaking). This is something I don't have with darkmod.

Plus I just love the darkengine...

bikerdude
    LOL

Fair enough, I will try to remember not to bring it up again.

Quote Originally Posted by DrK View Post
    Nope.
    I'm already trying to finish this fm, and I'm struggling because I don't have all the freetime I want...

Once and for all : darkmod doesn't interest me. It doesn't speak to me. What I love about dromed is there is nostalgia whenever I open it or play a fm, it brings back good memories about the great times I had playing the game over 10 years ago, and discovering game design through dromed (even if it's all about fanmaking). This is something I don't have with darkmod.

I've come to realize that the Darkmod doesn't appeal to everyone (myself included). And that's okay. Different strokes & all that.

Thankfully there are still T2 FM authors like you out there! Good luck in your struggles; there are many Taffers who await your next FM with anticipation!

Beautiful screenshots!

Nice shots DrK. Dark, gritty, gloomy, it's perfectly Thiefy!

Nope.

I agree...Darkmod doesn't really speak to me either,and I have so tried to like it,I dont know what it is, but it just leaves me cold...No humour I think is one obvious thing,not that Thief is maybe supposed to be humourous,but with so many funny little quirks in T1 and T2,there is nothing that gives me the same joy.

bikerdude
    Quote Originally Posted by JonesCrusher View Post
    I agree...Darkmod doesn't really speak to me either,and I have so tried to like it,I dont know what it is, but it just leaves me cold...No humour I think is one obvious thing,not that Thief is maybe supposed to be humourous,but with so many funny little quirks in T1 and T2,there is nothing that gives me the same joy.
    In that case you should play Springheels " A score to settle"

These days, I'm just messing around with textures, lightings and details...

Btw the mission approaches completion regarding architecture, textures and lightings : I'd say almost 90%.
    But it's far from being finished yet. I still have to build sewers, some gameplay elements in the streets, plus a couple of things regarding the objectives.
    Then I'll start working on AIs, objectives, atmosphere, readables... not counting voice acting and briefing movie. Still have tons of things to do

Keep in mind it's kind of a 2 missions bundle, it takes time
    Last edited by DrK; 24th Nov 2011 at 13:01.

bikerdude
    Well I didnt think it was possible to make those locations even darker and grimy than before, so well done that man! And take your time, I know from personal experience that making missions, good mission takes time.

But as usual young man, mouth wateringly good screen shots there, dont suppose you could pm me some dual_screen version of some of those..? (3360*1050) or just 2x 1680*1050 side by side and I will stich them together.

Well I can only do screenshots up to 1440*900 maximum. I could try but panorama on thief doesn't work very well, because of the engine which heavily stretches perspective angles.

Why would you want such screens ?

Edit : I just tried to do a 180 panorama, with 3 screens side by side (4320*900). It just looks weird...

Last edited by DrK; 24th Nov 2011 at 13:34.

This is looking so beautiful - absolutely stunning. I'm just glad you're still working on it and it will see the light of day (or night) eventually.

All I can say is *ohhhhhhhhhh*. Nicely done sir.

It looks very atmospheric and I will definitely look forward to playing it when the time comes, whenever that may be. I'm sure it will be well worth waiting for!

Looking fantastic, DrK You are truly gifted, sir!

THat looks magnificent...wow...I can't wait

Wow, DrK....I got dust and soot in my eyes just looking at those! Fantastic level of detal, and the ambiance in just those few pics is unbelievable. Truly excited for this when it's ready! Stellar work!!

Those screens are Fantastic Drk I have really enjoyed your missions (played them several times) I will no doubt enjoy this one too!!!

Thanks for your words taffers, it really gives me the strength to continue working on it

DrK has teh mad skillz! Teh panorramik shot rawk teh big 111.

DrK,
    are you sure that you aren't developing for TDM?

;-)

Can we have the original size of that panoramic view? Pretty please?

bikerdude
    Why would you want such screens ?
    Heh because I have dual monitors and I would love to have your work on my desktop to give me inspiration while I work on my Darkmod missions.

Give me back your mail so I can send you the panoramic

If you have a host for the picture feel free to share, photobucket doesn't allow such a resolution and I don't want to search for another host.

Page 14 of 16 FirstFirst ... 4910111213141516 LastLast