TTLG|Thief|Bioshock|System Shock|Deus Ex|Mobile

Thread: (Multiplayer) T2 FM: A Thief's holiday 2004 re-released

(Multiplayer) T2 FM: A Thief's holiday 2004 re-released

With Yandros' permission, I went in and edited his mission to include 3 additional spawn points, and have uploaded it to my filefront account. Those of you familiar with Tos' multiplayer patch, will now see that when you play with 2, 3, or 4 players, you should spawn somewhere else, instead of "inside" the host player.

I've only tested this with two players, but it works! No more spawning in the same place. This sort of thing could work with other FMs (re-releases with multiplayer compatible versions), with permission of the author of course. Though it may not be necessary if Tos figures out a way to have multiple spawn points without having to use this method. In the mean time, I hope people find this useful. Oh, by the way, credit goes to typeRED for discovering the multiple spawn points trick in dromed. Thanks typeRED. Also note that with multiple spawns, it is also possible to have each player have their own unique IDs for weapons and such. (This means that for player 2, for example, he or she will now have his or her own equipment independent of the host. Sorry, getting technical here.. if you wanna know more head over to the multiplayer thread. There's also a sticky for posting your contact info if you wanna game with other taffers! )

Download link

Edit:

Please read the readme file. There's some information you might want to know regarding playing this online. Thanks!
    Last edited by sNeaksieGarrett; 23rd Dec 2011 at 13:25. Reason: New link.(gamefront)

Clearinghouse
    Cool. Thanks

Thanks Sneaksie_Thief and Happy Holidays.....!!!!!!

Clearinghouse
    Last edited by clearing; 8th Jan 2009 at 12:10. Reason: update link new version

Update

I deleted the file from filefront. I'll be replacing it with a new link later. The next release will be a very minor one, but I think it is necessary.

Okay, new version. Anyone who downloaded before, please redownload and delete the old version. You don't have to, but you're missing the updated readme. I added some additional things to my readme. Right now, the multiplayer patch has issues with objects and such, but it is still beta.

I updated first post.

You know what, this gives me an idea...multiplayer version of Hammerite Deathmatch or even better have an Equilibrium style deathmatch with AI or multiplayer....talk about some crazy free-for-alls.

Not familiar with Equilibrium or what you mean...

But yeah, the potentiality for "multiplayer FMs" is endless.

WHAT!!!

Surely you can't be serious! You have never played Equilibrium....it is an amazing gem...maybe not the finest cut but it does have a certain shine to it.

It is awesome and the environs would make for a great multiplayer fight, after a bit of enhancement (visual mostly). I almost envy you in the respect that you will be playing it for the first time...have fun

Unforuanately I don't think Silent Sleep is still active to get permission for the modification to mp...but still try the mission.

I haven't been much of a fan mission player. I still have a bunch of FMs I need to play that are already downloaded. I have a lot to catch up on. My goal was to beat thief 1 and thief 2 again before going into a phase of "playing many fms" - but the problem is I don't.

Quote Originally Posted by Iceblade View Post
    It is awesome and the environs would make for a great multiplayer fight, after a bit of enhancement (visual mostly). I almost envy you in the respect that you will be playing it for the first time...have fun

Unforuanately I don't think Silent Sleep is still active to get permission for the modification to mp...but still try the mission.
    I've played Equilibrium MP. The only real major issue is you need to get rid of the first closing gate, or at least make it re-openable from the outside, or add a side door, because it essentially breaks the mission when you respawn (you can still reload, so it's not entirely broken, but it'd be better to respawn). The rest of it works great for MP.

Fortunately, that's a very easy thing to do in Dromed ... just highlight, delete, save, zip. So it's easy for a motivated individual to fix, even if there isn't a publicly released version.