TTLG|Thief|Bioshock|System Shock|Deus Ex|Mobile

Thread: Anniversary Contest Results

Southquarter.com/fms

Anniversary Contest Results

Shadak posted this in the original contest thread, but I wanted to post a separate thread with the results so it was a bit more obvious. Congrats to Lady Rowena for her winning entry, The Tower! Below is the list of missions with their authors, and the order they finished. Full details can be found at The Keep over here: Anniversary Contest Results.

1. The Tower, Lady Rowena
    2. Ashes and Dust, Random Taffer
    3. A Weekend Getaway, Ottoj55
    4. The Affairs of Wizards, Nameless Voice
    5. Weak Links, ghost_in_the_shell
    6. The Kindred Vault, eepcat
    7. Falling Down, TF
    8. An Old Friend, Lost Soul
    9. Flowers for a Friend, P forth
    10. Bad Intentions, Mirko
    11. Yume no Rozen, Sxerks
    12. Vampire Skull, nicked
    13. The Homeless Dude, John The Beggar

Thanks to everyone who participate and voted. Voting turnout was a bit low, but as Shadak mentioned, we had enough votes to get a good picture of where things stand.

In addition to the prizes offered by The Keep, I will be mailing an "Evil Dromed" t-shirt to Lady Rowena for her winning entry. Thanks again to everyone.

Edit: Here's a link to the other Anniversary Contest Page, starting with the point where the results are announced, in case anyone wants to read post-results comments.

http://www.ttlg.com/forums/showthrea...87#post1808487
    Last edited by Brethren; 8th Jan 2009 at 12:18.

Congratulations Lady Rowena excellent mission

Congratulations Lady Rowena - and a big thanks to all of the mission creators who took the time to enter!

Clearinghouse
    Congratulations Lady Rowena

My compliments!

bikerdude
    Quote Originally Posted by Brethren View Post

Thanks to everyone who participate and voted. Voting turnout was a bit low, but as Shadak mentioned, we had enough votes to get a good picture of where things stand.

In addition to the prizes offered by The Keep, I will be mailing an "Evil Dromed" t-shirt to Lady Rowena for her winning entry. Thanks again to everyone.
    I forgot to vote, doh! but the tower was the best one for me.

Do we get to see a pic of LR modeling said t-shirt...

d. 30.4.16 Always remembered
    Well, honestly I didn't think I could win. I liked my tower, the physical building I mean, but I thought that the gameplay was quite tedious. Then, when I had the opportunity to play some of the other missions, The Affairs of Wizards on top of all, I thought that I had no chance.

Of course I'm very happy. I want to thank the organizers, Brethren and Shadak, and all the people that played and voted The Tower. Thanks everyone!

d. 30.4.16 Always remembered
    Quote Originally Posted by Bikerdude View Post
    I forgot to vote, doh! but the tower was the best one for me.
    Thanks! Too bad that al lot of people didn't vote.....
    Do we get to see a pic of LR modeling said t-shirt...
    Maybe a back view? I'm too afraid to disappoint people.......

I had technical problems which I couldn't (talk my man into)fixing till after New Year. Just wanted to take this chance to say I enjoyed them ALL. Thanks again FM writers extraordinaires.

(but yes, Tower and Affairs of Wizards both particularly sooper).

Congratulations Lady Rowena and to all the authors! Thanks for such a great set of missions. A truly fine way to honor Thief's anniversary. And thanks to the contest organizers for a really great contest.

Congrats to all, and to Lady Rowena! So when is your next mission going to be released?

Congratulations, Lady Rowena! I thought The Tower was anything BUT tedious.

Many thanks to all the authors who entered and provided us with such entertaining missions to play. I enjoyed them thoroughly.

Congratulations, Lady Rowena!!! Your mission was my favourite too.

Vertical Contest Winner 2009
    i could see the attention to detail and quality right away in the tower, i knew it was a serious contender in this contest. i'm very pleased with third overall, seems a slight change occurred with some missed ballots dropping me from 3rd to 4th in the design category. i'd love to see the actual ballot numbers, or a high/low for each category. my only complaint on the tower was that the outside apartments seemed a bit too small, no one would move up/down with ladders and lifts in their own home, but moving up/down in the vent shaft and on ledges very often made up for that. hopefully lady rowena is entering the pirates contest, i'd love to see another great mission (and compete against someone so talented again).

I haven't adjusted the results yet, but the updated new votes didn't change any of the category results or the final results, other than switching 7th and 8th place I'll publish the Excel file I used for the tabulation (minus voter names) soon
    "For the Love of the Game"

congratulations to lady rowena!!!

and it was NV after all with the affairs of wizzards...
    he really fooled me with that his comments and using no custom scripts

Keeper of FMs

Special Congratulations to Lady Rowena for an excellent mission and a well deserved First Place finish!

Thank you & congratulations to everyone who participated in the contest, both authors & organizers.

Classical Master 2008
    Quote Originally Posted by Lady Rowena View Post
    Well, honestly I didn't think I could win. I liked my tower, the physical building I mean, but I thought that the gameplay was quite tedious.
    I'd say it was just a good exploration/pathfinding challenge -- especially with ghosting as an added element. The accomplishment felt good at the end, so it was okay. There were two elements I found slightly frustrating -- not being able to mantle up on the base of the tower due to engine restrictions, and the guy sleeping in the ventilation duct, who was on the hypersensitive side. Otherwise, completely okay.

What a great contest.
    Congrats to all involved, to Lady Rowena and the other top ranked authors.

Quote Originally Posted by Bikerdude View Post
    I forgot to vote, doh!
    I didn't even realize voting was open... I thought I would see a new topic for it, or something obvious like that. maybe I could have helped boost Falling Down's score sorry, TF!

Quote Originally Posted by Lady Rowena View Post
    Well, honestly I didn't think I could win. I liked my tower, the physical building I mean, but I thought that the gameplay was quite tedious...
    I thought the overall gameplay was excellent with some interesting routefinding problems and real vertigo inducing moments, plus there was a story, albeit a small one, which drew the player in as the game progressed, maybe you are too close to it, having built it, to enjoy playing it ?

Quote Originally Posted by Shadak View Post
    ...I'll publish the Excel file I used for the tabulation (minus voter names) soon
    I've no problem with leaving my name on votes or comments if thats less work

And once more thanks to all the authors for all these excellent missions and to the organisers for doing all the necessary but tedious work of suggesting it, getting people on board, laying down the rules, tabulating results etc..