TTLG|Thief|Bioshock|System Shock|Deus Ex|Mobile
Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast

Thread: The Book of Prophecy - Part 2: The Hidden City 27/01/09

The Book of Prophecy - Part 2: The Hidden City 27/01/09

After 13 month it´s time for

The Book of Prophecy - Part 2: The hidden City

At the moment only via rapidshare.......
    Have fun!

Updated to Version 2 Feb. 23/09 Download at Southquarter
    Now with Italian support, loot list and secret list added and one or two bugs fixed. The llot/ secret lists were included in the zip-file, so you have to extract them.
    Announcement thread here
    Last edited by Nightwalker; 24th Feb 2009 at 11:20. Reason: added V2 info

Woot! First post and downloading!

Clearinghouse
    Thank you, Schattengilde!

Thanks for the Southquarter mirror Brethren!
    Last edited by Schattengilde; 27th Jan 2009 at 17:44.

Bringing back ttlg with a bang!

Great, I haven't been on site in several days & there it is , a new mission.

Quote Originally Posted by Garrett's Landlord View Post
    Great, I haven't been on site in several days & there it is , a new mission.
    I know this is offtopic, but your username killed me with laughter when I saw it - I've never seen it before and its now one of my favorites.

awesome! been looking forward this for some time. thank you Schattengilde

Thanks for the new fm Schattengilde

Keeper of FMs
    Great! I've been looking forward to Part 2! Here's the link:
    Book of Prophecy 2: The Hidden City

Thanks for the thief-thecircle mirror pavlovscat!

13 months well spent my friend. This mission is fantastic, and though i'm not quite done with it I can say that it is very fun, a great looking mission and its massive! The way you built this is really impressive, there are multiple ways in and out of most places along with the feeling that you truly are in an underground city. Its very different, and refreshing.

This mission was challenging in all the right ways and never frustrating. Very well done on the difficulty balanced with fun!

When I read the part about an underground city I figured it would be small, but wow was I wrong! Also, the story and readable are very well done, and I found myself reading everything I could get my hands on to further the story for myself. A few shocking scenes along with some great story twists and turns. Very well done, and could be a contender for best mission of 2009!

Screens for anyone interested:

Even the sewers are well built and interestingly designed!

Part of the amazing underground city.

Another city main hall.

Inside one of the more extravagant underground mansions.

The shadow guild would love to ruin your day.

Twice now I've crashed after picking up a body (and not the same one). In fact, I tested it on the same person first, and the second time it didn't crash on the same person. But a few minutes later, I picked up a different body, and it crashed again.

Any ideas?

Definitely a fun mission, and big! Not done yet. I feel I have much more to explore.

Little earlier SneakyJack to say best mission of 2009. That should be reserved towards the end of the year when all is said and done. This mission is a start!

A fine mission. Challenging without being abusive. I've already finished (once I start a mission, I have difficulty stopping...for anything), but I think I'll take another crack at it as it seems I missed half (!) the loot.

Quote Originally Posted by BrokenArts View Post
    Definitely a fun mission, and big! Not done yet. I feel I have much more to explore.

Little earlier SneakyJack to say best mission of 2009. That should be reserved towards the end of the year when all is said and done. This mission is a start!
    "Very well done, and could be a contender for best mission of 2009!"

Thats hardly giving it the award already

Quote Originally Posted by taffedinthehead View Post
    Twice now I've crashed after picking up a body (and not the same one). In fact, I tested it on the same person first, and the second time it didn't crash on the same person. But a few minutes later, I picked up a different body, and it crashed again.

Any ideas?
    This problem should be solved during beta, but it seems it isn´t. Which bodies caused the problem? Can you see the bodies when you pick them up or is there nothing?

Downloading now and great screenshots SneakyJack

It does the same thing to me to....as soon as I knock out and try to pick up the first guard...crash city. Oh well. Ill try again and just leave him there.

Just trying to let ya know what is going on. BTW...nice mission so far except for the crash.

So far anyone else I KO dont make the game crash when I pick up the bodies. Just the very first guard I encounter. (the one to my left after I press the button to open the door.)

I'll keep ya updated if there is any more problems.

OK...last update unless I have more trouble. I reloaded another save just before I opened the door with the button and KOed the guy and picked him up W/O the crash....just a fluke I guess.
    Last edited by Lightningline; 28th Jan 2009 at 06:13.

Great Mission

Love the Stage area at the Biohazard

Quote Originally Posted by Lightningline View Post
    Just the very first guard I encounter. (the one to my left after I press the button to open the door.)
    I´ve tried this several times with the RamGuard and others, but I had no crash. I´ve tested on Normal/Hard/Expert, german and english version and all was going well. Maybe it could be a random bug? Really odd.......

Great mission, but I'm stuck on a few points, and need help:

1, I've acquired a new objective to mess up Zerimar's drug deal. Now, I've acquired a pouch of drug clearly labelled as his, but I don't know what to do with it. I've tried dumping it in water, dumping it in molten metal (and it must be some damn tough drug to survive that), giving it to the crazed drug addict guy to eat it all up, and I can think of a million other very obvious solutions that would work in real life; but I can't even begin to imagine what it is that Shattengilde expects me to do here.

2, I have two areas near the Shadow Guild that I can't enter. One is the guarded and unfrobabble main gate, with some rooms and at least one guard behind it, the other is a secret tunnel below a sliding armchair, leading to a ladder and a closed slab of rock that I think is movable, since it makes a metallic clang when I hit it. However, I can't find any switches nearby to operate it.

3, I can't find the key to the unpickable door in Percy's place. EDIT: SOLVED: Under a table in the room with his body, only hard to spot because of the painful strobe lights.

4, And then there's probably something behind an unfrobbable but see-through door in the SM dungeon, and something in the coffin-maker's, but I can't get into either place. I'm thinkin they might just there for decoration?

I have explored the rest of the map, and carried out all other objectives, but I'm just at a loss of ideas of what to do.
    Last edited by Arrowgrab; 28th Jan 2009 at 12:43.

Arrowgrab, you have to read the objective: "... make sure that his stuff goes up in smoke". OK, to produce smoke you need ......fire. And where can you find a fire? In Bafford´s kitchen

2. You can´t access the room through the main gate because the "gate" is only a texture. But with the tunnel you´re on the right way. Before you climb up the ladder take a look at the wall to your left and you´ll find a small arcing lever. After you´ve entered the room, open the door and you know where you are.

4. The room behind the dungeon´s door and the coffin maker´s shop are eye candy and not accessible.

Thx

Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast